Home Engineering Room

Has Disruptor Beam Discovered The Fountain Of Youth?

I logged in this morning to find that my captain level bar progress had shrank. I was halfway to level 98. ax2wi94c204s.jpeg Normally I would not complain about getting younger. But this is strange.

Comments

• Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    It gives you more room to play the game now without worrying about not being able to progress past level 99. 🙂
  • It is also not showing any more progress after warping a thousand chrons worth of missions. Captains points showing in the after mission loot screen. Just not advancing the bar. Maybe because there is no update for the game on iPadOS available yet?
  • Have deleted and reinstalled the game twice. No change. Progress bar is effectively frozen.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a graphical glitch, I can confirm that you have not lost your XP and are still gaining XP.
    I have quickly checked your account to verify this.
  • Thank you.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Bumping this as some more info has come to light and someone else had the same ultimate cause of no progress bar.

From troubleshooting with @Moogie's Favorite this morning. The issue with the progress bar isn't graphical, and has been experienced by at least 1 other player.

It was caused by a reduction in cumulative XP below the level needed for level 97, specifically
    1. 4.563 million xp needed for 97
    2. 4.706 million xp needed for 98
    3. Being at level 97 should mean mean your xp has to be between these two numbers or else you wouldn't have reached 97 yet.
    4. @Moogie's Favorite is back at 4.133 million xp and at level 97, while that xp is going up again it is still below the minimum needed for 97. the only thing I can think of that explains this was there was a one time reduction on October 3rd of the xp from a cumulative total of around 4.6m to 4.1m

A second player who had reached level 99 (you need 4.85m xp to have done this) and had their progress bar full as of October 2nd, is now back at 4.46m xp, progress bar is blank, but that is just a symptom of their xp being lowered beyond the threshold amount for their current captain level.
  • "display_name":"{SoS} Moogie’s Favorite","using_default_name":false,"level":97,"max_level":100,"xp":4132582,"xp_for_current_level":4563370,"xp_for_next_level":4705960,"location":
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Bumping this as some more info has come to light and someone else had the same ultimate cause of no progress bar.

From troubleshooting with @Moogie's Favorite this morning. The issue with the progress bar isn't graphical, and has been experienced by at least 1 other player.

It was caused by a reduction in cumulative XP below the level needed for level 97, specifically
    3. Being at level 97 should mean mean your xp has to be between these two numbers or else you wouldn't have reached 97 yet.
    4. @Moogie's Favorite is back at 4.133 million xp and at level 97, while that xp is going up again it is still below the minimum needed for 97. the only thing I can think of that explains this was there was a one time reduction on October 3rd of the xp from a cumulative total of around 4.6m to 4.1m

A second player who had reached level 99 (you need 4.85m xp to have done this) and had their progress bar full as of October 2nd, is now back at 4.46m xp, progress bar is blank, but that is just a symptom of their xp being lowered beyond the threshold amount for their current captain level.

Where did you go to see exactly how much XP one has?

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

https://stt.disruptorbeam.com/player

It’s available for your own account there.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

https://stt.disruptorbeam.com/player

It’s available for your own account there.

Did not know that. Thank you!

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the other player who experienced this submitted a ticket?
    I will bring it up to the team but having both DBIDs would help.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Shan wrote: »
    Has the other player who experienced this submitted a ticket?
    I will bring it up to the team but having both DBIDs would help.

The other player is me. I have not submitted a ticket since i am already LV99
    and maxed(at least my XP bar was maxed until the incident), so i have no actual disadvantage, until the LV cap is raised.

And i‘m a little bit scared that, if CS is trying to correct the XP in my player data file, something might get messed up by accident. This happened to another player recently, where they added a 3 year avatar and a s a result the player was unable to log in for days/weeks, until CS had sorted it out.

As you can see in my screenshot, the needed XP for my current LV(99)
    is 4851500 , but my current XP is shown as 4480059, so 371k too low.

miig8002cc3q.jpeg
    gwrp4mh9ayi7.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    I wonder if this happened to many others but they (or we) didn’t notice. I here ya though Squirrel. It’s prolly smart to just leave it rather than them going tinkering around in your account. Could be damaging
  • Bumping this as it has not been resolved yet.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not bump threads.
    When I have an update on this I will provide it, it might take a while as there are more pressing matters that take priority atm. I am sorry.
  • Today i finally catched up again on my „stolen“ ~ 400k XP.
    My XP bar is back again and full. :)

But i really hope this doesn t happen again, :|

7fuyb2g18kck.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•