Home Ready Room

Help! Need to Know If I Should Continue Current Voyage

I'm still after Colonel Worf and resolved after my last fruitless chase that I would save up enough revival tokens to go through all the dilemmas if need be in a single Voyage. I got "Champion of the People 1" at 6h and 2 at 8h just now. I've got enough AM to reach the 9h mark, give or take, but not 10h. In fact, I'm still passing hazards. Do I recall now and continue to bide my time, or go for it?

I have 27 revival tokens, and expect to get a 28th from the event thresholds.

Starting AM: 2875
Primary (SCI): 11667
Secondary (MED): 10235
CMD: 5952
DIP: 6826
ENG: 3148
SEC: 5980

No one on the Voyage is relevant to me for the event.

Comments

• I usually go for longer voyages when there is a plethora of purples that have dropped by the 6th or 8th hour .... as I've seen it there's no way to foresee what dilemmas you will get ...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hardly ever follow my own advice, as evidenced by my zero revival tokens, but I advise patience.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patience here too. I just did a voyage with similar stats, but 2,950 AM (first time ever). I think something better can come along. And AM is key, from what I've heard.
    Farewell 🖖
  • While I have not done very many long voyages, I wonder why there is more of a focus on 2950 AM, instead of waiting for a voyage where you've got part 1 and 2 of a desired dilemma within 8 hours? I'm far from a mathematician, but I have to imagine there are significantly better odds of hitting the 3rd dilemma of a 3 parter in a reasonable voyage length when you get the first 2 really early.
    While I have not done very many long voyages, I wonder why there is more of a focus on 2950 AM, instead of waiting for a voyage where you've got part 1 and 2 of a desired dilemma within 8 hours? I'm far from a mathematician, but I have to imagine there are significantly better odds of hitting the 3rd dilemma of a 3 parter in a reasonable voyage length when you get the first 2 really early.

Spin the dabo a couple times, then get back to me. :p

Seriously though... I think the dilemmas work similarly to dabo. Getting those third ones takes excellent luck or a long voyage. And if I were going for one, I would go for all in the same trip. I'm pretty sure that 2950 AM is the most cost efficient way to get there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for it; today is a good day to die!

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for it. I went for it with ~8 tokens when I had a chance at Ensign Picard. I got him after the 8th token, so WORTH IT.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Go for it. I went for it with ~8 tokens when I had a chance at Ensign Picard. I got him after the 8th token, so WORTH IT.

Yes, well, we know you, Ender. Everything is a game, right?
    😉
  • i would go for it. I have by random chance got at least everyone but Worf, Guinan, and Dr. McCoy. and don't go for more then 10-12 hrs usually.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »

Yes, well, we know you, Ender. Everything is a game, right?
    😉

I feel like Ahmed Ibn Fahdlan in the 13th Warrior: I heard this the first time. :p
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • I usually go for longer voyages when there is a plethora of purples that have dropped by the 6th or 8th hour .... as I've seen it there's no way to foresee what dilemmas you will get ...

I'm not leaving that to chance. My plan is to complete an entire Voyage, encountering every dilemma. I only care about one 4*: Colonel Worf, though I figure I'll snag Dr. Leonard McCoy while I'm at it. I ended up aborting based on the following math. I'd appreciate if someone with a better understanding would correct anything I've done wrong here.

33 dilemmas to clear
    -All three parts of "Champion of the People"
    -All three parts of "A Higher Duty"
    -All three Part 1 answers that will skip the three Part 2s ("A Life Alone", "Interference", "Off the Books")

2875 (my full AM) / 30 = 95 minutes per refresh
    95 minutes * 28 tokens = 2660 minutes
    2660 minutes / 120 (minutes between dilemmas) = 22 dilemmas
    22 dilemmas + 4 dilemmas already encountered = 26 dilemmas

33 dilemmas (total needed) - 26 dilemmas (already passed + refreshes) = 7 dilemmas left uncovered
  • Your calculation is wrong imo.

I made a 60 hours voyage with 23 tokens and 2950 AM. The AM you regain for each token will last longer as 95 minutes.
    Yeah, pretty sure the math is wrong. You get more per refresh. I've seen it said that you use 21 AM per minute after you can't pass the skill checks anymore. But that's a little off because I had to restore a voyage that failed when I expected to hit the dilemma. So now I use 22 AM per minute and that's more than safe.

Broken down, it takes 2,640 AM to guarantee the next dilemma. So 2950 AM gives a minimum of 134 minutes per revival. I'm guessing that you can make 8 hours on a voyage with 2,950 AM. Thats 4 of 33 dilemmas, leaving 29. I would say that it will take 24 to 26 revivals depending on how things go.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Okay, so it sounds like I may have been able to pull it off with that Voyage, but it might be just as well I bailed on that one because my current one looks even more promising:

2950 AM (every possible bonus!)
    Primary (DIP) 11180
    Secondary (SEC) 10493
    CMD 6165
    ENG 5651
    MED 4185
    SCI 6629

I might get as far as 9½ hours before needing to refresh, and I'll get the max possible AM refill when I do. So... Guess I'mma do this!

DILEMMA 1
    Blow by Blow
    I protect the Gorn. Is the Andorian in worse shape? Sure. But I'd rather the Gorn owe me the favor.
    I pick the Gorn. The Andorian could lead to useless schematics.

Good luck, @Travis S McClain . We're all pulling for you!
    Farewell 🖖
  • I pick the Gorn. The Andorian could lead to useless schematics.

Good luck, @Travis S McClain . We're all pulling for you!

Thanks! I remembered my original thread from the last time I went after Colonel Worf, back in May. Decided to bump and update over there instead of here.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain ... where's that thread ... can you link it, can't find it.