• Wonderful actor. Very sad news.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest In Peace and thank you for entertaining us
  • Wow. Just stunned at this.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, Big Bird and Odo on the same day... :(
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad to hear this. He was a wonderful actor.
  • Rene...Odo....goodbye for now
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Sad news. :/ I had the honor to meet him 18 years ago and ask him some questions, along with 8 other Star Trek fans.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • edited December 2019
    Heartbreaking loss.
    Data1001 wrote: »
    pl8yealfx1jy.gif

❤️
  • Looks like another sad end of a year .... RIP
  • Wow. Just stunned at this.

same......
  • Sad news..... RIP Odo.
  • Terrible loss, Odo was one of my favorite characters on the show. Too bad.. :'(
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this **tsk tsk**
  • Rest in peace. A great actor who gave us a wonderful portrayal of a great character. Like many people said, he finally joined the Great Link.
  • Variety: René Auberjonois Remembered by ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ Castmate Nana Visitor.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/rene-auberjonois-remembered-by-star-trek-deep-space-nine-castmate-nana-visitor-1203429855
  • A sad day for all. May his memory be a blessing to family, friends, and fans everywhere.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first enjoyment of him was in Benson. The man had some of the best acting chops in Hollywood. Comedy, Tragedy, he could do it all.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Another guy I met, weirdly at the same time as Aron Eisenberg, and he was a gentleman! A real funny and warm person! A talented actor and incredible voice actor, he will be truly missed and not just by Star Trek fans!! Another real loss!
    I have a picture together with Rene and Aron. I cant quite believe they are both not with us anymore! :'(
    ehysiyinyyxn.png
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    :(
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    By my life code, he is a winner, anybody that makes it to 70+ is a winner at life.

He had such a profound impact on numerous franchises. DS9 wouldn't have worked without him; I was late to DS9 appreciation, but his performances and behind the camera contributions were immense.

But he was a lot more than just Odo, he was also Paul Lewiston on Boston Legal and played great against the lunacy of Shatner and James Spader, he was also a regular on Murder, She Wrote (along with a LOT of other Star Trek alum), and he was a prolific voice actor for all kinds of projects but for me even as a child he had an impact as the Skeleton in The Last Unicorn.

He showed up as supreme bad guy in Criminal Minds, as a caring father figure in Enterprise, and so many roles it would take all night to list them all. He was immense.

I enjoyed his role in The Patriot. He not only tended the sheep, he fought off the wolves