Home Make It So!

2nd boost location

Hi there and DB,
Maybe you should consider selling a second boost location for shuttles.
How many times you want to add a boost and in the same time a double reward or time saving boost ?
For me many times and in that case you have to choose one or the other.
Like we can buy new shuttles, we should be able to buy new locations in shuttles.
That would make many players happy ... and load of dilithium sells for DB.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have to be limited to one skill and one time. I could use two 1.5 hour reducers all event long and get instant shuttle returns for nearly the whole event
  • Well, why not ?
    You would run out of 1.5 hour reducer in a short time anyway.
    Maybe one skill boost + one other boost. Good too.
    Would I?

ybh8whz1296i.png
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just auction off the event to the highest bidder? :p;)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.

Ha!!

• I swear at one point this was trialled, I seem to remember having two boost options and then wondering why I couldn’t do it anymore. Unless it was a glitch.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two boosties would be nice, but only if one can be a time-reducer and the other had to be a skillboost. Two different skillboosts would be okay of course (for example an ENG and a SCI boost of any rarity).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭

How is is the game not exactly that right now? I'm not throwing stones or complaining. It's entirely expected and understandable. The top stops don't go to people with skill, they go to people who buy packs, extra dilithium and chronos. The top spot in the game is played for every week. An extra boost space would only sell more boost packs.

The only thing that would change would be the speed at which the VP scores rise. Instead of having to wait 1.5 hours all the people who buy boosts now would hit a million VP by the middle of the day instead of waiting 4 days.

I'm not arguing for or against. Just being realistic. Paying players already buy the top spot in the game. Double time boosts wouldnt change anything. They would only make it more obvious.

A single boost slot controls the pace of the game. You can still pay to rush a shuttle. But you can't pay for better odds. I would certainly love better odds and instant shuttles. But I'm not convinced it would make the game better by the arguments so far.
  • Just like you open up additional crew slots with captain levels, you should get an additional boost slot at level 50 or something. It would also add to the strategy for faction missions, and give you something to use your boosts on after you have honored all the factions.
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Just like you open up additional crew slots with captain levels, you should get an additional boost slot at level 50 or something. It would also add to the strategy for faction missions, and give you something to use your boosts on after you have honored all the factions.

How would a second boost slot effect strategy? Are you on the no restrictions side, or the side that would agree to a second slot but only if one was for skill boosts and the other for time/loot boosts?

Aside from simply making it easier, I don't see how it would effect strategy.

I don't think adding boost slots will all that much for the game. Easier, faster perhaps. Beyond the simple (and acceptable position) that you think the mission system takes to long and the odds aren't as good as you'd like, how would it make the game more dynamic?

The only thing that seriously changed shuttle missions for me was buying a third shuttle. I think an additional shuttle at 50 and maybe 75 is a better possibility for adding strategy. It's mostly just a third chance at a success, but it does offer the advantage of also allowing you to go to three places at once, or letting you devote a shuttle to equipment crafting while still having two shuttles do an event.

As I've said in the past, rather than making simple changes like this, I think the character ability range needs to be expanded. Rather than continue to trickle out cards with a power creep that really only affect the Arena, we need new characters that affect voyages or shuttles.

Perhaps a Paris that boosts shuttle time by 5% per star. A Brunt that drops one more item. I'd rather see shuttle boosts baked into characters than see a second slot. That would actually effect strategy.
  • I was referring to resource management strategy. having an additional boost slot would allow for more combinations such as having higher level crew get done more quickly while lower level crew could use the time extension/bonus reward ones. It would also make it more effective when your using you tenth shuttle token and are getting down to your weakest crew members.

I can see what you're saying though, and that could be a solution.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020

How is is the game not exactly that right now? I'm not throwing stones or complaining. It's entirely expected and understandable. The top stops don't go to people with skill, they go to people who buy packs, extra dilithium and chronos. The top spot in the game is played for every week. An extra boost space would only sell more boost packs.

The only thing that would change would be the speed at which the VP scores rise. Instead of having to wait 1.5 hours all the people who buy boosts now would hit a million VP by the middle of the day instead of waiting 4 days.

I'm not arguing for or against. Just being realistic. Paying players already buy the top spot in the game. Double time boosts wouldnt change anything. They would only make it more obvious.

A single boost slot controls the pace of the game. You can still pay to rush a shuttle. But you can't pay for better odds. I would certainly love better odds and instant shuttles. But I'm not convinced it would make the game better by the arguments so far.

Amen, Brother!
    Space Whales always want more and more and more and even more until their bellies are crammed full with rotting Krill .... and the Space Minnows (us) just get washed up on the shoals in their wake. ;-)

LOL (Just waxing poetic and kidding around ... sorta) :smiley:
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet