Home Ready Room

Cadet challenge/freezing crew question?

I've been searching this site for the last few hours trying to find an answer to something I thought I read earlier. But after all the threads I've read I'm beginning to second guess myself. So any help I can get will be greatly appreciated!

So here's my question:
I have 8 uncommon crew in my crew quarters that are immortalized and can be frozen. But I keep them in my roster to warp the daily cadet challenges. Can I freeze them (freeing up 8 slots) and still pass my daily cadet challenges? Can I do the same thing for the 6 rare crew I've saved also?

This could be a dumb question, but I thought I read on here earlier that you could freeze all your uncommon and rare crew and still pass your daily cadet challenges, thus freeing up your crew quarters for more SR or Legendary crew. Please help!

Best Answers

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    As long as you are warping the cadet missions, you do not need the crew to pass those challenges. So, yes, free up those crew slots.

With regard to the rare crew, be mindful of what you need for your Arena crew slots; assuming that is of importance to you. But other than that, it's the same as above with the weekend cadet missions.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Luckily you only need two rare crew to keep the Commander Division going in the Arena. Of course you can also run the ship without crew, but that will get you kicked out of the Top 10% or so easily even with a Level 7 green quality starship. I am using Kang and Smiley on the Bird of Prey.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")

Answers

• @EnderW
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

What a huge benefit that will be to free up those slots! And thank you for the reminder on the arena crew. I didn't even think about that.
  • I may try that combo. I have been using Torres and Dukat on the Jem Hadar fighter, but only because it had a higher level at the time.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the times when the Valjean was the best ship because of one more crew slot than the others.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")