Home Ready Room

Who to choose?

7utbjni6c5wc.jpg
Who would you choose?

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Pick Hard. Is that a good pun or an awful one?

I both got it and concur with the choice......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd go Q ...

A terrible card but good for a collection at least ... also, his event is up next for a rerun so you'd have 2 stars by the end of the month probably.
    Also, he's the go-to for Q-event CMD.

All three are freezer material once immortalised that's for sure, bring them out for events like 4*s.

Both Q and Picard might be of use if we have a Convergence Day event ... Picard is probably the better choice, but yeah, Q all the way for me.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I'd go Q ...

A terrible card but good for a collection at least ... also, his event is up next for a rerun so you'd have 2 stars by the end of the month probably.
    Also, he's the go-to for Q-event CMD.

All three are freezer material once immortalised that's for sure, bring them out for events like 4*s.

Both Q and Picard might be of use if we have a Convergence Day event ... Picard is probably the better choice, but yeah, Q all the way for me.

I am going to have to feign surprise if the next Mega is centered around the new Picard show, or Picard himself in some way. I think Akimbo Seven of Nine would make a great, awesome Recurring for the Mega, if it is to tie into the new show.......

So, Picard would probably get some play there, too. But, Behold/BeGold selection is often a personal thing for many of us.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_wield
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, just to make it even more confusing, I'm gonna go with the third option. I used to use that Torres a lot. She has decent enough ENG+SEC proficiency that when she matches a trait in Gauntlet, she was quite useful. And FF now, she is actually my #8 combined ENG (which includes a number of heavy hitters, like Etana Jol, 3 Datas, Ru'afo, & Determined Janeway).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the joke. Also, I don't have any of them. And I don't know their immortalized stats.

All that said, I would pick Picard for the upcoming event potential.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get the joke. Also, I don't have any of them. And I don't know their immortalized stats.

All that said, I would pick Picard for the upcoming event potential.

Pick Hard? Choose thoughtfully? Picard? Ah you’re just busting my chops aren’t you?

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I do not believe Musketeer Picard has event potential. There are just too many better Picards. Unless, event specific bonus crew. So I would say Q probably is the better choice.

Actually looking at my own roster, maybe he could be of use in SEC. but I do have a few Robin Hood's

Edit: Choose Musketeer Picard if you do not have a lot of high SEC Picard's. But also if there is a Picard Mega there will be some new Picard's too.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Option 1: go with Picard.

Option 2: go with either of the others and take the 550 Honor.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this Q, but his stats are showing their age. Musky isn't elite by any means, but seems like he should have more event potential. I'd take Picard.

Now, at the risk of being "that guy"... since the OP is a relatively new poster to the forum, I'll just point out that behold questions/advice are usually dealt with in the "Ready Room". Granted you'll get less reply traffic there, but it's what that sub-section is for.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picard. Three skills to the others two, plus could be event bonus crew for multiple Picard events.
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

How about Pikachu? Is that worse pun?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

How about Pikachu? Is that worse pun?

PikaQu?

(FWIW...that is not an endorsement of choosing Q. I'd go for Picard considering the guaranteed abundance of events coming up, and he has a decent SEC proficiency, especially for a newer player)
  • I think it depends on what you plan to use them for. If you want to have crew with event potential, Picard is probably the best choice and Torres should be better than Q.
    If you want to send them on voyages, Picard is the only one who might get some use, unless you're a very new player and have almost no decent ENG crew at all, in that case Torres could be a temporary option for ENG-SEC voyages.
    Picard and Torres also have some limited gauntlet use, if you have no better options. Picard is decent for SEC-DIP, but there should be many other options for that skill combination. I'm not sure, but I think that Torres does get a 45% crit on some gauntlets.

If you already have a good crew with some decent legendaries, I would just pick whichever one you like the best. You will soon have better options for all of them anyway.
  • You could also check their ship abilities in the wiki and see if they are in a collection (Torres is in Jury Rigger, I think). Personally, I wouldn't cite up any of them for a collection though.
  • Musketeer is the second best Picard SEC shuttle variant in the game so far, not far behind augment picard. With 3 skills, he also has more flexibility for different AND shuttle options than the other two. Of course it's easier to fuse up Super Rare picard variants, but that's true of any legendary.

Picard has 15 events, Torres has 12, Q has 6.

The collection Q is in does not give you crew stats, so is only really useful if you like collecting crew for the sake of collecting them. It takes some significant money investment if you'd want to complete both stat-boosting and vanity collections that give no stats benefit, though this could be tilted if you particularly enjoy those crew of course.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I always wonder who the OP ended up choosing ... and what their thoughts behind the choice were...

Did they go for the logic/smart choice (Picard) or heart (the others)?

- As far as Q events go ... more than 6 100% sure, the Big Book is incorrect. Already 4 mega-event events, Triskellion Tournament, Convergence Day, Infinite Contentions, Empire Reforged! - Shall I Compare to Thee?, Ready to Rumble, Endgame ... any others?
    Granted, still not many, but at least 50% more than 6.

Also, I think that there needs to be a differentiation between "potential" and "actual" use, so;
    - As a 1/5, that Q has the highest CMD base of any Q as is (EDIT: Well, unless Q Junior is included through the Q Continuum trait bonus - not sure how they will incorporate this in Q event re-runs).
    - Whereas the Picard is reliant on "potential" (i.e. additional stars) to get to his numbers ... a 4/4 Robin Hood has a better SEC base until 4/5.

I have a bunch of crew in this second category, they'd be great for events, but require more stars, which is quite expensive for a 5*. In the end, I never really use them during the event (e.g. I didn't use 1/5 EV Suit Archer outside of the ramp-up this past event) ... so, if I'm choosing crew for events they either need to be unique (e.g. Survivalist Kirk or Benny Russell) or best in class potential (e.g. High Roller Sisko, Falcon O'Brien) or the only viable option in a behold (based on my personal criteria).

Yes, it is good to have a broad base for events, but I feel this factor is sometimes overlooked. Granted, as I aid in my first post, Picard is still the best choice ... but I'd go heart here. :)
  • You make a very good point RaraRacing that's really hard to externally consider in someone else's crew, but helpful to point out for their consideration!

Having a crew that's got unique variant skills gives a lot more flexibility and will make them less susceptible to stat creep. For example even though this week we got a new Sisko with ENG, that does not mean the only other sisko with ENG (Solar Sails) is dramatically worse, because until now he was the only other ENG sisko variant in the game.

Taken a step further, it can be useful to examine those actual events they are variants in and see if they'd be rerun crew you want. In the example of Q, just about every variant has horrible stats not useful for anything but Q events, which will win you.. more terrible Q crew? :smile: While granted a lot of Picard crew also are fairly weak in stats, I personally have a stronger affinity even for the weaker ones.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party but for daily use I would lean to either Torres or Picard, the anticipated "Pick Hard" mega might sway the choice but I do like that variant of Torres and she would get some use in gauntlet. also if you don't have many ENG SEC options she is the best option out of skill variety.

I find that Field Marshall Q can compete with the Sheriff for gauntlet and a fully fused Marshall Q against a 1/5 Sheriff Q has similar bases for events, so the only thing different would be collection material but unless collections is one of your main goals then he'd be too low on the citation list imo.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Torres is 65 purrcent in some gauntlet runs, but only two skills. Q is part of a collection, but I would pick-ard. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")