Home Ready Room

Help With Special Offer Legendary Beholds

First a silly question: are the special 4th anniversary begolds just for the crew shown on the picture, or for any Legendary crew?

Second, a spend decision: I have 80,000 honor. Should I spend it all on 2x Begold + cite? Or should I get one Begold + cite, spend 10,000 on the Begold, and bank the rest for future offers?

Any advice appreciated!
"Risk! Risk is our business. Risk is what this starship is all about."
-Captain Kirk, ST:TOS, "Return to Tomorrow"

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Greyshade wrote: »
    First a silly question: are the special 4th anniversary begolds just for the crew shown on the picture, or for any Legendary crew?

Second, a spend decision: I have 80,000 honor. Should I spend it all on 2x Begold + cite? Or should I get one Begold + cite, spend 10,000 on the Begold, and bank the rest for future offers?

Any advice appreciated!

I do not have a screenshot of the two Honor offers (10K & 40K), but each offer has an info button that will list all of the 5*s that could show up in these beGolds. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call, @Greyshade . I would be torn. The 40k offers are pretty sweet, but I hate having no honor. If you have 80+ 1/5's to 4/5's, the odds might work out to where you have a good enough chance to add a star. Any less than 80 and I'd say go for two 40k offers. Even if you have 80+, you're rolling the dice.
    Farewell 🖖
  • If you have 80+ 1/5's to 4/5's, the odds might work out to where you have a good enough chance to add a star.

I have 62 at less than 5* and 13 at 5/5, so that answers that. I'm just wondering what I'm going to miss if I spend all my honor today! Oh well...
  • @Greyshade I understand your dilemma. This is just the first day of offers, and they're going to run all week. Of course we dont know what tomorrow will bring, but personally, I got a couple of the 40k begolds and I'm saving honor to see what the rest of the week brings. Who knows, we may see begolds at 25k +citation, or we may see 10x premium 4* beholds for sale for honor. I'm hoping that DB isnt leading this week with their best offer first. But we'll see. Maybe they'll run the last day with the same offer as the first.
  • @ShadowPresence I purchased one and got a second * on my Emperor Georgio, so I'm happy there. I also have 177k (!) merits banked so I guess I should start churning through Merit Rewards for more honor...
  • Greyshade wrote: »
    @ShadowPresence I purchased one and got a second * on my Emperor Georgio, so I'm happy there. I also have 177k (!) merits banked so I guess I should start churning through Merit Rewards for more honor...

Whoa! Yeah that'll earn you some honor for sure!
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greyshade wrote: »
    @ShadowPresence I purchased one and got a second * on my Emperor Georgio, so I'm happy there. I also have 177k (!) merits banked so I guess I should start churning through Merit Rewards for more honor...

If you burn through those Merits ... and you really kinda should, as they're hardly good for anything else:
    - set yourself a limit that you don't go under ... e.g. I have mine at 3k, that is way more than enough for defrosting event crew and re-rolling in the gauntlet.

- with that many pulls you're likely to get a 5* there too ... so good luck! :)
    --> I'd, therefore, do the Merit pulls first, because you do not get a choice in the 5* there ... in the beholds you do, would be a pity if the merit pulls gave you a 5* you just immortalised through a behold.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think it’s been said explicitly here, so I will: the pictured crew for each offer are not the only ones available - the beholds from either offer include all in-portal 5* crew. For example, I got my first Dr. Culber from a behold from the 40k honor offer but no Smitten Picards showed up.