Home Ready Room

Confessions of an honor hoarder

DazlaaaaaDazlaaaaa ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in Ready Room
Hello,

I've been waiting for the past week for nearly a year, so convinced was I that some form of sale was coming, I hadn't spent any honor since joining my new fleet in early 2019.

To that end, I now have 22 5* citations sat in my bank and need advice e on where to send them to get most bang for my buck.

Currently have 3 x 5/5*, all from begolds or events:
Mirror JLP
Surak
Captain Sisko

4/5*:
Garth
Determined Janeway
Bell Riots Bashir
Prof Sato
Ru'afo
Q as God
Thrax
Tenavik
Romulan Data
Mariachi Q
Kol of Kor
Dr Bones McCoy

3/5*:
Prisoner Cornwell (yep, no idea how she's missing a star..)

2/5*:
Detective Data
Captain Killy
Quinn
Musketeer La forge
Seven of Nine
Zefram Cochrane
Scientist Degra
Revolutionary Damar

1/5*:
Vice Admiral (Endgame) Janeway
Lt Comdr (First Contact) La Forge
Caretaker
Defensive Phlox
Chancellor Gowron
Will Scarlett Worf
Assimilated Janeway
Solar Sail Sisko
EMA
Grand Nagus Rom
The Prophet
Assimilated Torres
Tyler, son of none
Mirror Bev Crusher
8472 Invader
Captain La forge
Desert Georgiou
Away team Burnham
Smitten Picard
Interfaced Barclay
Seven in Silver
Prince Bashir
Lore, the one
Captain Lorca
Gul Madred
Captain Lorien
RAF O'brien
T'kuvma
Commander Kira
Satin dress Lily
Mambo Picard
Admiral Riker

Obviously, some of these need to be airlocked, some levelled as a 1* and some cited.

I've always been of the perceived wisdom to cite to 4* and pray for the right begolds. Thoughts on this?

As for airlock, looking squarely at Satin dress Lily, Lorca, Desert Georgiou, Gul Madred, maybe the Prophet, Prince Bashir and all versions of La Forge too (nothing personal, they're just not very good...)

Any thoughts on where to run with on this?

Comments

• Starring up EMA and Mambo are an easy call for 8 of those citations. Both are stout voyagers, and the Picard mega is all but guaranteed next month.

After that, I'd finish off Determined Janeway, Qod, and Tenavik, Cornwell, and Captain Killy. The first four are voyage stalwarts, and Killy is the Skirmish/Arena queen.

That's 16 citations in total, leaving you with 6. Beyond that, if you wanted to star up the likes of Sato, Ru'afo, BR Bashir, and Garth, I wouldn't stop you, though I'm not as high on big base cards as a lot of others are. You can also stand pat and wait for other monster cards to come your way, so you can be prepared to max them out immediately.

Hope that helps.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    I've always been of the perceived wisdom to cite to 4* and pray for the right begolds. Thoughts on this?

As for airlock, looking squarely at Satin dress Lily, Lorca, Desert Georgiou, Gul Madred, maybe the Prophet, Prince Bashir and all versions of La Forge too (nothing personal, they're just not very good...)

As I stated in another recent thread, I don't feel there's logic to the "wait & pray" method when it comes to 4/5 crew. Sure, it can happen, but in the meantime you're missing out on the extra boost a FF Legendary can provide to you. And since you've got plenty of cites, it makes even less sense, imo.

So I'd get Garth, Bell Riots Bashir, Prof Sato, and Ru'afo cited up. I also personally get a lot from Romulan Data & Tenavik. My 5/5 Prisoner Cornwell is used all the time in Voyages, as well.

As far as the others, Mirror Bev is another solid one. And though I don't have him, you can't argue with Warhip EMA's stats, either. Others depend on your needs — T'Kuvma & Killy for possible Arena usage, for instance.

Lastly, I wouldn't necessarily write off Prince Bashir for airlocking (well, personally, my rule of thumb is not to airlock *any* Legendary, but that's another matter). His high CMD proficiency makes him a decent crew for Voyages every so often.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the name that jump out at me.
    Garth
    Prof Sato
    Q as God
    Thrax
    Kol of Kor
    Prisoner Cornwell
    Captain Killy
    EMA
    Away team Burnham
    Captain Lorien
    Mambo Picard
    /quote]
  • So, if we're to presume that potentially upgrading some 4/5's is worthwhile, my instinct tells me that Qod, Sato, Tenavik, YoH Janeway and Ru'afo seem sensible starting points.

Killy is the one I'm least interested in adding stars to, she serves a purpose already superceded by Garth, does she not?

Mambo Picard and EMA seem universally beloved, so they feature strongly for me.

That's 13 spent, unless anyone has advice to the contrary...
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

While I like to hold on to all my 5* crew ... so I'd advise against airlocking ... there are some interesting ones you plan to boot:
    - Satin Dress Lily - is an above-average DIP/SEC voyager, linked into a vanity collection.
    - Prince Bashir - is an above-average CMD/DIP voyager and really helpful for CMD/MED is you struggle there, linked to a vanity collection and a stat-boosting collection.
    - Musketeer La Forge - a bit of a pity to boot a 2/5 and IF La Forge is part of the possible upcoming Expedition event re-run, you'll be irritated you axed him prior to that event.

I can easily ID 3 crew you could airlock instead because they are just generally worse.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Save a citation for the next mega event.
  • Dazlaaaaa wrote: »
    Killy is the one I'm least interested in adding stars to, she serves a purpose already superceded by Garth, does she not?

Yes and no. Garth does have the same instant damage, but he only provides a +8 attack boost, instead of Killy's +10, which does make a difference. Ideally, you'd want to use both, Killy first, then Garth. But if Skirmish events and Arena really aren't priorities for you, then I can totally see using the citations elsewhere.
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering you don’t have a lot of 5/5s already I’d recommend citing all the 3 stat 4/5s. 10 total.

I’d also recommend Cornwall. 2 additional cites.

If you skirmish a lot you could consider 3 on killy, but that isn’t a must with Garth 5/5.

Using 4 on EMA or Mambo Picard is a bit of a stretch at this point, but could both be considered. EMA should probably get priority.

Also it wouldn’t be the worst thing to save a few for a future crew that is a top 10-15 voyager you can get in an event.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t read through the other replies, so apologies if this is a duplication. Given your general lack of 5/5* crew, I think these suggestions provide a well-rounded approach to crew building and will give you people that, if you don’t already use them daily, will be an upgrade over your current collection of voyagers and shuttlers.

1) All of your 4/5*s except Mariachi Q. Q is a great shuttle crew when immortal but as a two-skiller that’s all he’s good for. You can finish him with a behold instead. 11 of 22 remaining.
    2) Cornwell. So long after her mega and after amassing so many other strong doctors, she is still one of my better overall crew and is crucial to at least two different voyage combos. 9 of 22 remaining.
    3) Save a citation for the next mega legendary, unless you know you’ll have 50k honor available by the first week of the mega. 8 of 22 remaining.
    4) Warship EMA. No-brainer for two of the harder voyage combos, plus a fantastic base power for shuttles when he isn’t on a voyage. Plus a collection of traits that lends itself well to trait-based event bonuses. 4 of 22 remaining.
    5) Dealer’s choice of RAF O’Brien, The Caretaker, Mambo Picard, or Solar Sails Sisko. All are good 5* crew that can and will see daily use, and all except the Caretaker will have future event bonuses. Vice Admiral Janeway, Assimilated Janeway, Mirror Bev, Lorien, and AT Burnham are also reasonable choices depending on what skill(s) you want to improve. Alternatively, you could save these last four citations for a lucky behold, good LTO, or a strong event reward crew - you never know when one may come up.

I included The Caretaker in that last list even though he can drop from the gauntlet as his voyage power and skill set can be very hard to find unless you get a lucky behold - he’s the only gauntlet special crew I have cited myself and the only one I would take a second copy of without hesitation (my 5/5* Armus has seen freezer time because I have another at 3/5* and a strong COM/SCI contingent for voyages, for example).