Home Engineering Room

Ship bias question

Someone who is better at math, please explain this apparent discrepancy. Attached is an explanation of the formula for calculating ship bias on bonus abilities. Next is a breakdown of B-4's ship bonus stats from the wiki. Next is B-4's actual FFE stats. These don't jive, as far as I can tell. I can't figure out where the problem is.

oa2liwv6qwsv.png
mauxorn7n2tx.png
5s7abkl2ym8r.jpg
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Comments

• CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You really are asking a question for the wiki not for the game timelines. I had problems trying to understand bias. I thought it would be for a crew member who went up by more than 1 at a time when fused. But, I do not think that is what it was. I do believe all crew go up by one when fused once.

This post should probably be moved to "wiki edits needing to be made" only because there may be people there that understand what bias is.

Actually I do see an explanation in your screenshots. I will try to figure it out. But it does seem the bias for B-4 should be -1 at first glance.

Again this should then be moved to "wiki edits needing to be made"

Okay B-4 does have a bias of +1 the above screenshots are correct.

FF value = +9
    Bias= +9 - 2*4 = +1

The higher the bias the stronger the crews ship ability is.

His bias is -2. Your screenshot of his FFvalue is 6.

Bias=+6 -2*4 = -2. I will try correcting wiki.
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Okay what happened is someone entered his 4 star ability as his one star ability. That is why your screenshot shows 6 in the wiki for 1 Star.

I changed 6 to 3. It corrected it. Now bias is -2. By the way bias is not entered when editing it is calculated from the numbers entered.
    17hsebbm34ly.jpeg

mnjy7a6o1p4l.jpeg
  • eXo | SilverRose (retired)eXo | SilverRose (retired) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Replied on the Facebook post you made, but yeah the ship ability seems off. The FFFE stats look fine. Someone seems to have put the FF evasion stat in for the one star fusion value.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I guess one last comment about bias then.

Bias is a number that you want to be high for the crew you use for ship battles. But this Is just one choice for selection, you have to look at what type of other abilities they have and their passive abilities too.

Edit: also bias will not mean that much unless crew is fully fused and you are comparing the same rarity crew.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    Crusoe wrote: »
    Okay what happened is someone entered his 4 star ability as his one star ability. That is why your screenshot shows 6 in the wiki for 1 Star.

I changed 6 to 3. It corrected it. Now bias is -2. By the way bias is not entered when editing it is calculated from the numbers entered.
    17hsebbm34ly.jpeg

mnjy7a6o1p4l.jpeg

Thanks so much!

To makes matters more complicated, when you download the information via the DataCore spreadsheets, B-4 is only showing a +1 bonus boost. According to how I'm reading it, it should be a +7.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • CrusoeCrusoe ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Someone more familiar with the spreadsheets will have to figure that out. But it is possible that the wiki data is used for the spreadsheet. It might just be a matter of reloading the spreadsheet and the data.

Edit: I now think the spreadsheet might need to be updated itself. It is possible this information is inputted by the one maintaining the spreadsheet.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not an issue for WRG. Rather, it is an issue for the STT resources community, and so I suggest that y’all post your concerns in the appropriate threads:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/694/wiki-edits-that-need-to-be-added/p1

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14844/captain-idols-datacore-analysis-sheet-v3-12-new-voyage-calculator-and-more#latest
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust