Home The Holodeck

Paranoid Panic hits Western Washington State! SERIOUSLY!

CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in The Holodeck
I can't believe it! I just got back from Fred Meyers grocery store ... NO canned fruit, soups, veges ... NOthing on the shelves! All the "staples" are gone! Totally! NO dairy, No, cheese, No frozen pizzas!!!!! :( NO meat of any kind , NO bread! And, of course, NO TP! All they have is fresh produce. Wish I had taken my camera! Never seen anything like it in my entire life! And this isn't even the big city like Seattle (just 9,000 people here)! But it is the home state of Microsoft, Amazon, computers, and social media. Thanks, guys. It used to be that all the 'nuts' rolled downhill to California ... but now they make Seattle home.

PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!!!!
HERD-MENTALITY PEOPLE WHO ARE RUN BY THE INTERNET AND PARANOID SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!
JUST PLAIN NUTS!

FRED MEYERS CONTINUED: There was one 30-ish "lady" shoveling something into her cart in the tunny-fish aisle ... I looked at her and asked what the big problem was? She replied, "Don't you know what's going on? Aren't you worried?? Aren't you afraid???" I replied, "I'm 63 years old and today there is nothing I'm worried about or afraid of!" She looked at me like I was completely off my rocker and continued to shovel stuff into her cart. I doubt she even knew what she was shoveling! I just shook my head in disbelief and walked off ...
... TRUE REAL LIFE STORY MY FRIENDS!

and dang it! All the SPAM was gone too!! That's what I went to the store for ...

Of course I'm now worried about starving to death since there is no food in the stores! Going back down to the Dollar Tree to buy more/all of their 5 paks of Top Ramen tomorrow! Dang it if those commie Chinese think they are gonna get me in a weakened state!

:|

Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
My DataCore page
My Spreadsheet

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm at the store right now with my wife. They are not out of anything (except TP), but the shelves are sparce.

Caution, concern, and prudence are all good. Panic enough to run the stores out of TP (toilet paper, not Tipping Point) either means you are panicking or means you need to rethink your storage. We get a month's supplies of essentials. We're good for another two weeks. After that, it won't be so amusing.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Oh, and our very strange very Liberal Democratic Governor has banned all assemblages of over 250 people, closed all the schools, and most of the public services. I'm expecting Martial law next. :( (he would really like that ...)

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • 12345678 of 12345678912345678 of 123456789 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Panic or not, hyperbolic or not, it pulls back the curtain on the very thin margin our whole society operates upon. A memetic virus can be just as dangerous as a biological one.

Anywho, a town of 9,000 sounds like a suburb, which tend to skew fairly conservative demographically.
    Meanwhile I do live in a large "liberal" city. The grocery store was busier than usual, but there was still plenty of all sorts of things to buy. A trip through the Express Line was about the same during peak business. And at the same time, there's still plenty of people to be found out and about.

Whatever our experience of it, it's likely to get worse before it gets better. Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
  • I went to Fred Meyer yesterday. We found the one thing we were looking for, salad mix. We get most of our stuff from Safeway. Some shelves are empty others are not. There was meat, but not as much as normal this morning. Why people are buying fresh meat to freeze, I have no idea. By the frozen stuff instead.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    I got more Top Ramen at the Dollar Tree! They've got plenty!
    I have to be ready for when the Fred Meyer hoarders turn into Zombies ...
    9mgkq7d5ni95.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beat the crowds by staying one step ahead of them. Started a few days before most. But instead of going to the Walmart’s and such I went to Aldi, then the local grocery store, then the dollar store. I’m ready for a month. Bought about $700 worth. I’m not so much worried about the virus, I was worried about not having anything left in stores. Having a two year old who has battled her whole very short life, starting with 50 days in the NICU, this is nothing for me to play around with. Most of what I got was for her and if me and my wife have to live on her diet then so be it. I’m her daddy and I’ll be damned if I ever let her down. And people, PLEASE don’t forget about your dogs! They count on you too. Mine are set up for well over a month if need be.
    Went to the store tonight to get gum and makeup for my daughter. This is the toilet paper and paper towel isle.
    9starbmku0vb.jpg
    I asked a worker and he said they got some in today, but people were waiting in the isle for it and they ran out very quickly. Crazy
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 Just so you don't worry about little Banjo:

dnzjmntgslrb.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Cuttysark wrote: »
    @Banjo1012 Just so you don't worry about little Banjo:

dnzjmntgslrb.jpg

It’s really sad that people turned on their dogs first and foremost. There were actually people bringing them to the vet asking them to euthanize them for fear of them giving the owner the virus. I would prefer to euthanize the people to keep them from giving it to the dogs. Why on earth would people think their dog would get it before they do? Not sure about others but my dogs do t go to nearly as many social gatherings as I do

• It's been interesting to watch the stores. Living in eastern NC, Friday's mad rush was much like prepping for a hurricane. Fortunately, I also had started prepping a while ago and most of what I bought is shelf stable for a long while, so even if I don't get quarantined, I'm in good shape for bad weather.
    It's been interesting to watch the stores. Living in eastern NC, Friday's mad rush was much like prepping for a hurricane. Fortunately, I also had started prepping a while ago and most of what I bought is shelf stable for a long while, so even if I don't get quarantined, I'm in good shape for bad weather.

Best case scenario, we won’t have to buy groceries for a while. Either way, we did the right thing

• CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    My last comment .... maybe lol

74ai7iefmee5.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    That is how I know it is not complete panic. The stores here still have booze.
    That is how I know it is not complete panic. The stores here still have booze.

Ha!!! Totally valid point

My cousin posted this (or shared, not sure who is the original source).
    gqoemd3pv5sk.jpg
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Well, our wonderful liberal Governor has made his 3rd (and probably final step) toward imposing Martial Law in Washington State!

Kiss sanity goodbye! EVERYTHING is nuts here!!! :o EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

bf7zp7ombk5k.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Well, our wonderful liberal Governor has made his 3rd (and probably final step) toward imposing Martial Law in Washington State!

Kiss sanity goodbye! EVERYTHING is nuts here!!! :o

bf7zp7ombk5k.jpg

2migjnk51iyc.jpg
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    My private boarding High School was like that! UNFORTUNATELY, NOTHING IS FUNNY HERE ANYMORE. :(

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    Take it for what it's worth: here is a quote from C.S. Lewis. I don't know this website, but I have read a lot of books by C.S. Lewis. You can ignore the religious aspects of you want, but the message is good however you believe.
    https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/cs-lewis-coronavirus/

Kiss sanity goodbye! EVERYTHING is nuts here!!! :o

bf7zp7ombk5k.jpg

2migjnk51iyc.jpg

They did the same for Illinois yesterday and if you think that’s bad, wait til you hear my opinion. ITS NOT ENOUGH!!! We all got these supplies for a reason. Shut everything down. They should have yesterday. My wife is the HR Manager for a company that has about a dozen warehouses in the US and Canada. The President sent an email out that basically says if we get a known case in our warehouse we will fog and deep clean. I could not imagine a worse approach. I told her it’s her duty to defy that or talk better sense into the guy. Any gathering of over 50 people is prohibited. So I asked her, how many people work in your warehouse alone? She said about 400. That is certainly a gathering of over 50 people. I believe allowing most life to function as normal today is a mistake. The lockdown should have been announced yesterday

The other thread is good for serious things, so I'll share less serious here. For amusement, take Isaiah 26:20 out of context.
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    Doesn't even need a caption:

3ifmagce0i73.jpg

especially in NW Washington!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
    wkjzi14bgr3v.jpg
    e9rbfx2kqwu3.jpg
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    rnpwamhzpmz9.jpeg
  • CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Looks like I'm not nuts after all ....
    This was posted yesterday on FB by a town upriver about 6 miles from me:

"City of Sedro-Woolley, WashingtonLike Page
    Yesterday at 11:02 AM ·
    Sedro-Woolley: Today, March 16, 2020, I, Mayor Julia Johnson, have signed an Emergency Declaration in response to the health impacts of COVID-19. The purpose of this declaration is to support the City’s ongoing efforts to mitigate the public health impacts of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The emergency declaration supports measures to be taken to protect public health, safety and welfare within the City, and allows the City to efficiently procure, manage and coordinate essential services, including emergency efforts if needed.

The City is monitoring the situation closely and is taking actions based on direction from the Skagit County Public Health Department, the lead agency for local COVID-19 response.

Please see the official proclamation for details: https://www.ci.sedro-woolley.wa.us/…/20200316_Mayor_Emergen…

Sounds like Martial Law to me. But this photo I received today proves it:

0ghad6fjh1zv.jpg

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • I have seen that picture in the UK.
    But the APC's I saw had the UK flag and ministry of defence logo on them.
    This must be a Russian hoax.
    The worrying thing? The picture I saw was sent to me by a police officer.
    The Russian Cyber Propaganda machine must be resisted.
  • Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe it! I just got back from Fred Meyers grocery store ... NO canned fruit, soups, veges ... NOthing on the shelves! All the "staples" are gone! Totally! NO dairy, No, cheese, No frozen pizzas!!!!! :( NO meat of any kind , NO bread! And, of course, NO TP! All they have is fresh produce. Wish I had taken my camera! Never seen anything like it in my entire life! And this isn't even the big city like Seattle (just 9,000 people here)! But it is the home state of Microsoft, Amazon, computers, and social media. Thanks, guys. It used to be that all the 'nuts' rolled downhill to California ... but now they make Seattle home.

PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!!!!
    HERD-MENTALITY PEOPLE WHO ARE RUN BY THE INTERNET AND PARANOID SOCIAL MEDIA!!!
    ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!
    JUST PLAIN NUTS!

FRED MEYERS CONTINUED: There was one 30-ish "lady" shoveling something into her cart in the tunny-fish aisle ... I looked at her and asked what the big problem was? She replied, "Don't you know what's going on? Aren't you worried?? Aren't you afraid???" I replied, "I'm 63 years old and today there is nothing I'm worried about or afraid of!" She looked at me like I was completely off my rocker and continued to shovel stuff into her cart. I doubt she even knew what she was shoveling! I just shook my head in disbelief and walked off ...
    ... TRUE REAL LIFE STORY MY FRIENDS!

and dang it! All the SPAM was gone too!! That's what I went to the store for ...

Of course I'm now worried about starving to death since there is no food in the stores! Going back down to the Dollar Tree to buy more/all of their 5 paks of Top Ramen tomorrow! Dang it if those commie Chinese think they are gonna get me in a weakened state!

:|

I have Crohn's disease. It's a living hell every day. Not afraid of a respiratory virus. I've almost died twice in the last 2 years, no virus is taking me out. I'm isolated anyway, hardly go out. Everyone else is just experiencing my daily walk. But yes, this situation is crazy. It's not helping that the media is feeding on this like starved piranhas, and feeding FEAR into everyone's hearts.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
    m4v8fgikpp62.jpg