Home Engineering Room

Huge lag at event start....

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Engineering Room
There is a huge lag currently when opening event missions/shuttles, sometimes takes up to 8 seconds or more. No difference if use Wifi or mobile.

Saw reports of other players as well, which were not even able to start the game.

This havn t been for quite a while. There‘s usually a small lag at the start but not so much. Did u decrease server capacity or forgot to add some add power for the event?
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see a lag there, but my game just sat there trying to contact Starfleet for close to five minutes when I went to do an ad-double waiting for shuttles to return.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure its location related, i am in europe?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I'm having massive problems to even get into the game for the last two hours...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly this might be due to connectivity issues with Europe :(
  • Yeah yesterday I had issues til 19:00 local german time, today I have issues too - can't start the game or do something in the other running client. Well perhaps laters.
  • edited March 2020
    Yeah yesterday I had issues til 19:00 local german time, today I have issues too - can't start the game or do something in the other running client. Well perhaps laters.

Same here, cannot log into the game for some hours now. I'm in Germany, too.

For our friends in the US this should mean less competition in the event now ... happy hunting! ;)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a lot more people using their home connection, we're bound to see traffic issues unfortunately.
  • Doctor 8472Doctor 8472 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I am also in Europe and have a huge lag in Timelines. But there is no problem with the internet connection to anything else; especially tried with websites from the US and other games from the US.
    It is only specifically Timelines where I have a lag.

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor 8472
  • Same here. STT ist the only app, that barely runs. All other apps appear to be normal.
  • I haven’t been able to get into my game after the event started today. Earlier today logging in wasn’t a problem at all, but now I am stuck on an “eternal” ‘Communicating with Starfleet’ screen.

Eh, it’s a shuttle event in any case, so no loss if I skip this round. Hopefully I can log in tomorrow so I can collect my daily Dilithium from the card.

• Here (Germany),
    yesterday 17:00-19:00 CET: game stuck on loading screen, error message after some minutes (both android & steam)
    today 17:00-18:00 CET (1st hour of the event): huge lag, opening a mission took several minutes, I could only open 9 missions during this hour
    18:00 till now: game doesn't load at all, same as yesterday
    Everything else (internetwise) is working fine.

• Thot MosesThot Moses ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Thot Moses wrote: »
    Here (Germany),
    yesterday 17:00-19:00 CET: game stuck on loading screen, error message after some minutes (both android & steam)
    today 17:00-18:00 CET (1st hour of the event): huge lag, opening a mission took several minutes, I could only open 9 missions during this hour
    18:00 till now: game doesn't load at all, same as yesterday
    Everything else (internetwise) is working fine.

Basically I could play again from 0:00 on, so 7h lost from the event.
    Game was still very laggy, so I could sent out my 1st regular shuttle waves at ~01:00 CET.
  • When this thread was posted I didn't had any lag, but about 2-3 hours ago today my ISP provider had a server issue and now it seems my internet connection is working.

Despite that, I still have some issues in-game. For example, no purple color for a faction in the current event, which means that I cannot launch a shuttle mission nor can I use already started mission(s).

I also want to point out that every time I click on shuttle icon in-game the server is just spinning and the number of the current shuttle bays (I've 4 shuttle bays) doesn't show up instead it shows 1 of 2.

If it's important my closest server to where I live is in Copenhagen and I know CloudFlare has a server located there.