Home The Bridge

Steam Skirmish Animations in Event

Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in The Bridge
Currently the new version on steam is skipping the end of battle animations and going to the loot box in skirmishes if you click anywhere during the animation.

This is letting people on steam complete skirmishes in ~1:35 compared to 1:55-2:00 on IOS and Android and a serious issue for those competing for the top 25 in this event.

Comments

• Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no matter how much we tap on mobile we have no chance of catching the current leader in 1st place because they happen to have steam? This is completely unfair and my enthusiasm for this event, maybe even the game has taken a huge nosedive.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang that is some difference
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF. Seriously, this needs to be addressed ASAP. This can't be another wait until the end of the event and send in a ticket snip show.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    It's not even about who has Steam or not. I've got the game on Steam, but only as desktop. I rarely use that. Even knowing there's an edge there, I'm not using that for a skirmish weekend. And I'm not even ranking. Just hoping to get enough downtime clicks in for another Janeway.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Paladin said - it would be a serious issue for those trying to rank in the top 25.
    Probably in the top 100 realistically. I'm currently top 200 and I've been using mobile all the time... and I'm not bothered about rank.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    As Paladin said - it would be a serious issue for those trying to rank in the top 25.
    Probably in the top 100 realistically. I'm currently top 200 and I've been using mobile all the time... and I'm not bothered about rank.

If you're dedicated enough on a Thursday to be that high, fine. But for 1-25 or 1500 it makes a difference. I don't care about the (amazingly huge and stupid) middle ground.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it is not fair. But has DB ever been fair? And it is mainly the same people that work for TP that also worked for DB....so I guess business as usual.....

***Sigh***
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    My unused alt account is on Steam. I ran one set of skirmishes to confirm it is in fact bugged as reported (not that I doubted it, I just wanted to see it for myself.)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Anyone know if this is also happening on Facebook & FBGameroom? Those clients are also live at 7.5 now.

By the way, this really stinks. In Skirmishes, I only aim for that middle-ground wasteland that Katla referred to, but I feel bad for those trying to rank highly who are now at a competitive disadvantage due to this. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • So what was TP's response, when this was originally reported...?
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what was TP's response, when this was originally reported...?

It was posted at 6pm. It's now 11:35 pm. They haven't responded yet and won't until tomorrow.

My try predictions. Either no response or "send in a ticket if you think you were negatively impacted".
  • Rather than taking the time to open a ticket...does Tilting Point ever reply to topics on the forums themselves? I ask this with the benefit of hindsight, but I wonder if an earlier Engineering Room post might've caught somebody's attention before the business day ended...?
    "We are visitors on this planet. We are here for ninety or one-hundred years at the very most. During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful, with our lives. If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal, the true meaning of life." ~ H.H. the 14th Dalai Lama

"The eyes...are the groin...of the face." ~ Dwight K. Schrute III
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rather than taking the time to open a ticket...does Tilting Point ever reply to topics on the forums themselves? I ask this with the benefit of hindsight, but I wonder if an earlier Engineering Room post might've caught somebody's attention before the business day ended...?

After I posted this I found a vague mention of it in an engineering room thread earlier in the afternoon, but the impact wasn’t clear from that post.

I only became aware of it after someone in my fleet saw the person leading the event was putting up over 190k+ VP an hour for hours on end with farming breaks. Typically the max rate is 180k for short stretches and closer to 150-160k VP an hour for long stretches with farming.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the post that Paladin was referring to in the Engineering Room thread. Unfortunately, there is no time stamp, just the date posted.
    You can end the current ship battle immediately after you won by clicking after the enemy ship explodes - that saves you viewing the animation. However, the screen is not cleaned up when you do that, probably because that was not necessary in the old situation. In the next battle you then see the crew member that was last used. I'm on the Steam version.
    plqv256v5d7l.jpg

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16047/7-5-feedback-and-issues-thread
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    Well on the brightside I got some sleep 😴 I don't have Janeway and I was hoping for top 15. Not sure that is doable now.

@Bylo Band I really feel for you, I've taken time off work to rank in an event and it's such a shame this one is bugged. Still, you can hold your head high knowing you're awesome against players that have an unfair advantage.
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    Rather than taking the time to open a ticket...does Tilting Point ever reply to topics on the forums themselves? I ask this with the benefit of hindsight, but I wonder if an earlier Engineering Room post might've caught somebody's attention before the business day ended...?

After I posted this I found a vague mention of it in an engineering room thread earlier in the afternoon, but the impact wasn’t clear from that post.

I only became aware of it after someone in my fleet saw the person leading the event was putting up over 190k+ VP an hour for hours on end with farming breaks. Typically the max rate is 180k for short stretches and closer to 150-160k VP an hour for long stretches with farming.

So we're fairly certain the player in #1 is using this "feature" to run away with the event? As the player currently in #2, now half a million point behind him, I don't think it's fair. Not one bit. And I'm not angry at him, I'm angry that once again, a select group of individuals get an unfair advantage over everyone else. Par for the course.
  • ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I'd set aside the days, but since the announcement of the update, put in just the first few hours. We've been here before with updates mid event. I'm ignorant here but do they need to be done like this?

4 hours at 175k VP per hour with warp-1, watching someone else also with warp-1 magically gaining.. lol

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

So we're fairly certain the player in #1 is using this "feature" to run away with the event? As the player currently in #2, now half a million point behind him, I don't think it's fair. Not one bit. And I'm not angry at him, I'm angry that once again, a select group of individuals get an unfair advantage over everyone else. Par for the course.

I've tracked VP over several skirmish and they are pulling in a lot more than normal. And you're right, it is absolutely unfair! When the announcement was made that some new changes would be implemented in the future and lot of players were worried about this event and silly me honestly thought there wouldn't be any issues. Don't know if I'm more disappointed in myself or TP/WR. (which is it btw, TP or WR? Is there no definitive answer which onewe are going with yet)
  • it's again in the final mega event event. Another picard gate?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My goal for this event was top 5 to get four copies of Janeway. I no longer have any faith that this is possible. Shan, please tell me what to do. I just skirmished for 2 straight hours and LOST ground to the people ahead of me, that is just not fair.