Home Engineering Room
Options

Game extremely slow

In Belgium. Using a vpn on my phone to germany, makes the game load, but otherwise it takes like 10 minutes.
I see reports of other users on facebook as well. Don't know their countries.

Comments

• Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is same for me in Croatia, same issue on Android, Steam or iOS. Logging in taker forever....
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Can't login in Germany. Both WiFi and LAN
  • Options
    [S47] ELiL[S47] ELiL ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Uluru wrote: »
    Can't login in Germany. Both WiFi and LAN

same here (germany, too)
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    jb9ikdjo7dn3.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Options
    /SSR/ Tichy/SSR/ Tichy ✭✭✭
    works for me on mobile in germany, extremely slow on the line. Same problem as recently it seems. Either go mobile or via a vpn...
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting kicked and issues logging in sometimes. I'm in the UK, I might try mobile network
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭
    Yes, once again extremely slow for me as well in Germany on iOS and PC. As usual, logging in via VPN works. And as usual, the official answer will be that is is beyond their control.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    U wanna share ur internet provider as well?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    This must be a Tilting Point problem solely, since my WLAN works with other games perfectly. If I turn off WLAN and use mobile internet instead, I am able to login normally.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    This must be a Tilting Point problem solely, since my WLAN works with other games perfectly. If I turn off WLAN and use mobile internet instead, I am able to login normally.

No its not, its probably a routing issue(like the many times before when it happened). Different provider use different routes to TP servers, and its not connected to other applications you run. All other online stuff can just work out fine. And btw you already proved its not a TP issue, since by using mobile u could log in immediatly. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

No its not, its probably a routing issue(like the many times before when it happened). Different provider use different routes to TP servers, and its not connected to other applications you run. All other online stuff can just work out fine. And btw you already proved its not a TP issue, since by using mobile u could log in immediatly. ;)

You are correct in case this is one provider and there is only login issue as there is probably interconnectivity broken somewhere.

But I tried three different providers and different platforms (Steam, Android, iOS), and even tried VPN from several countries and I can login but it is so slow it is almost unplayable. One skirmish fight for me lasts about 2-3 minutes.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry everyone, as I have to say too often lately sadly, this is not an issue we have any control on.

I wish there was an reliable internet map to show where internet routing is failing, that would be helpful.
  • Options
    Well, i am trying to log into the game from Austria and its not even loading at all for more than 5h now. I tried Steam and the iOS App, also different carriers (mobile and cable). In addition to that, the entire disruptorbeam.com domain is taking ages to load.

According to trace, the problem hop is located in the Netherlands (what a surprise -.-): (https)ipaddress.is/93.191.173.69

Fun fact, if you have any problems with peering in europe, the source of your problem is usually located in the Netherlands. Maybe we should think about moving the backbones to a more .. stable location. ;)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    I am sorry everyone, as I have to say too often lately sadly, this is not an issue we have any control on.

I wish there was an reliable internet map to show where internet routing is failing, that would be helpful.

Until it isn't, and it's the network card on a TP server. ;p
  • Options
    KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    For me, it seems to be back, but I could not load the game today any time I tried before now. FWIW, I could also not log into this forum when I could not get into the game. Everything else on the Internet worked fine, though.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • Options
    edited May 2020

I wish there was a reliable internet map to show where internet routing is failing, that would be helpful.

Hey Shan,

there are tools around to visualize the internet packages travelling the IP-addresses and various servers if one is not an It professional, using the onboard /iptrace commands and such.

h2w9pdk4fbiy.png

the packages do travel via nodes of Frankfurt and the Netherlands via "Level 3" Networks (glass fibre) through the ocean and end up with some hiccups at Seattle, Amazon S3 Servers - which are rented by Tilting Point (or Disruptor Beam ... whatever ... you should know it better who is doing the operational business).

mt8a4zhq3lqo.png

I also looked into your server load balancing by "CloudFlare" technologies, and there seem to be some server misconfigurations.

Anyway ... as routing of IP is not working properly if on IPv6 (instead of old IPv4), maybe a server reset on your part might help?

wx6wqpxxxwfv.png

Anyway, it is ridiculous funny that your game (servers) tell me, that the game is not connected to the internet, while I am watching Netflix and writing this post. This is not an issue of our internet providers but your (rented) game servers ...

BTW: I pinged/traced stt.disruptorbeam.com as a game server (as this was the last one I knew and you seem to not have changed the servers, even with new ownership yet)

Ready and willing to send further data for analysis ... just send me a PM

Edit:

Addition to "Load balancing/server request for data processing"

As this skirmish means, that many people are running the game at the same time for a constant time - compared to faction events, where players are online only for a limited time to collect and send off new shuttles every - let's say 90 minutes - that makes a difference in data requests ... if that makes sense.

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all this, I will forward it to people better equipped than me to make sense of it :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    On our social pages I see reports that things have improved, is that the case for some of you as well?
  • Options
    Hi there, it seems to be resolved since an hour or two.
    Thanks for looking in to it everyone, and you for checking in Shan. :)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gul Duhan wrote: »
    Hi there, it seems to be resolved since an hour or two.
    Thanks for looking in to it everyone, and you for checking in Shan. :)

Glad to hear it :)
  • Options
    just tried without vpn, and yes, everything loaded normal.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Everything works in normal parameters again.
  • Options
    On our social pages I see reports that things have improved, is that the case for some of you as well?

Yes indeed. Access to the game is possible again. Thank you for sorting it out (or let the tech girls sort it out °°)
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I can't seem to make a new thread so I am reviving this one. The game is currently unplayable and cannot log in most of the time. When I do log in, the game is extremely laggy and sometimes the server just doesn't respond at all. Others from central and east EU have reported this issue today in our Discord community.

[edit] I've connected to a US-based VPN server and the game is playable.
  • Options
    CuttysarkCuttysark ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is indeed, even in the U.S., STILL a "server issue" and not in any way, shape, or form due to a user's form of access to the internet. Sorry, but that is how it is TP. :(
    Remember: it's just a game, not a matter of life and death!

My Captain Idol's
    My DataCore page
    My Spreadsheet
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    Sweden here. Currently on minute 6 or 7 stuck on Activating Combadge.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate you don't think this is your fault TP or WR or DB, but I cannot log in either. Various players have had various issues all day and I can access other sites and games, just not this game.

I mean shuttles are of course a big issue but my main problem is everytime the game is down I eat a biscuit and now I'm curvy and rapidly running of biscuits which in my house is kinda a national emergency so I'd really appreciate it you could like not have a broken game.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I cant get on despite trying half of this afternoon, stuck on Activating combadge, got on once where my ship was in space with no menu options... lost my voyage recall.... tried on wifi and mobile data. Turned my phone off and on, other apps work....
  • Options
    interesting how its not picked up my name change...
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I cant get on despite trying half of this afternoon, stuck on Activating combadge, got on once where my ship was in space with no menu options... lost my voyage recall.... tried on wifi and mobile data. Turned my phone off and on, other apps work....

Same here Vodafone WiFi...switching to mobile LTE
    and Telekom worked though.

So it‘s another routing issue and not TP‘s fault.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•