Home The Bridge

Kickstart

I know some people treat the kickstart like a secret society but not me sorry. I usually do
24 @ 1min
Complete 11
11 @ 1hr30 with boosts.

Just wondering what other options there are to maximise VP or for time boost efficiency?

Comments

• Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a recent discussion about this. In case this link isn’t active (my first forum link post!), it’s on page 2 of the Bridge.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16508/star-trek-timelines-faction-event-best-strategy-to-start-the-event#latest

FWIW, I use the same one as you posted.
  • There was a recent discussion about this. In case this link isn’t active (my first forum link post!), it’s on page 2 of the Bridge.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16508/star-trek-timelines-faction-event-best-strategy-to-start-the-event#latest

FWIW, I use the same one as you posted.

Not sure what FWIW means but thanks Ishmael
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing...

For what it's worth
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I know some people treat the kickstart like a secret society but not me sorry. I usually do
    24 @ 1min
    Complete 11
    11 @ 1hr30 with boosts.

Just wondering what other options there are to maximise VP or for time boost efficiency?

Your method of 35 missions leaves you at the 2,750 point level for your next wave of missions.

If you add a step after completing/re-opening those 11 missions, to send/re-open even 1 more mission (or 2 max) using a 4* speed boost to instantly complete that extra mission(s), the kickstart totalling 36 missions (or 37) would leave you at the 3,500 point level for your next wave of missions.

The reason for saying 2 more missions maximum is that missions opened after completing 12-13 missions are worth 500 points @ 2 hours, hence the 4* speed boost being able to instantly complete them. If you can afford to use 2 x 4* speed boosts each faction event, then I find that method to be the optimum kickstart without using dilithium.

2 extra missions = 1,000 points

1st wave of 4 shuttles @ 3,500 points instead of 2,750 = 3,000 points

2nd wave of 4 shuttles @ 4,000 points instead of 3,500 = 2,000 points

TOTAL = 6,000 additional points when running those extra 2 missions, which takes maybe a minute and only costs you 2 x 4* speed boosts
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    24 @ 1min
    Complete 11
    11 @ 1hr30 with boosts.

Your method of 35 missions leaves you at the 2,750 point level for your next wave of missions.

If you add a step after completing/re-opening those 11 missions, to send/re-open even 1 more mission (or 2 max) using a 4* speed boost to instantly complete that extra mission(s), the kickstart totalling 36 missions (or 37) would leave you at the 3,500 point level for your next wave of missions.

The reason for saying 2 more missions maximum is that missions opened after completing 12-13 missions are worth 500 points @ 2 hours, hence the 4* speed boost being able to instantly complete them. If you can afford to use 2 x 4* speed boosts each faction event, then I find that method to be the optimum kickstart without using dilithium.

TOTAL = 6,000 additional points when running those extra 2 missions, which takes maybe a minute and only costs you 2 x 4* speed boosts

That makes perfect sense. I never really looked into it and did the math but I sure am now gonna use the two 4*boosts.
    So basically, after opening the 11 1.5hr missions complete two of them and open another two and complete with 4* boosts and continue with the 1.5hrs missions?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    24 @ 1min
    Complete 11
    11 @ 1hr30 with boosts.

That makes perfect sense. I never really looked into it and did the math but I sure am now gonna use the two 4*boosts.
    So basically, after opening the 11 1.5hr missions complete two of them and open another two and complete with 4* boosts and continue with the 1.5hrs missions?

Yes
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fricasseed Waffles in Worcestershire.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forever Walk It Wonderfully
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • edited August 2020
    I know some people treat the kickstart like a secret society but not me sorry.

I never realised it was a secret society. Seems like it comes up on the forums every couple of months. 😳
  • I know some people treat the kickstart like a secret society but not me sorry.

I never realised it was a secret society. Seems like it comes up on the forums every couple of months. 😳

Thanks for your comment but I did say "some people". As you can see, the topic has been inundated with responses. 👍
  • edited August 2020

Thanks for your comment but I did say "some people". As you can see, the topic has been inundated with responses. 👍

Or...

As YOU can see, the topic has been inundated with responses. 👍

(So it's not a secret society. This is one of the most helpful communities I've ever known, nearly everyone will help whether it's with Big Books, Dilemma advice, or Scott's 'Since this week is another Skirmish'. Hardly anyone keeps anything secret to gain an advantage)

No malice intended. 🙂
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Or...

As YOU can see, the topic has been inundated with responses. 👍

(So it's not a secret society. This is one of the most helpful communities I've ever known, nearly everyone will help whether it's with Big Books, Dilemma advice, or Scott's 'Since this week is another Skirmish'. Hardly anyone keeps anything secret to gain an advantage)

No malice intended. 🙂

👍🏿👍🏾👍🏽👍🏼👍🏻👍

Of course, I forgot to do it this week!!!!!

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?