Home The Bridge

Offer wall scam? Along with stealing your info?

ChangChang ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in The Bridge
This is a question and practices that make people question things...

I just completed two offers to the letter of what the offer wall stated.

#1. Reach province level 15.

My proof I sent to whoever site or whatever it asked for... the actual screenshot I sent.

nsy32zfqs1tp.png

As you can see I reached province 15 just like the offer wall stated I had to do.. this is their response...

wdf2u60ma6f9.jpg

I did everything 100% correct and they refused to pay out.. Smells like a scam so far...

#2. Reach level 2.

Same...as above.. I sent this screenshot as proof. The badges are level markers.. So I'm on level 3.

xy99ucn74oxv.png

Their response... I again did everything stated by them to get a payout...

5ld9oxfxqv21.jpg

Denied both times and yet I completed what they asked of me both times. Smells more like a scam to me.

However there's a problem now.. I went to complain about me not getting my dilithium here's what I found that they take for info about you and your device....

mobileCarrier
batteryLevel
deviceVolume
deviceModel
androidIsVersion
deviceLanguage
deviceApiLevel
country
deviceOs
appOrientation
deviceScreenScale
deviceOEM
diskFreeSize
timezoneOffset
deviceOSVersion
deviceHeightDP
isLimitAdTrackingEnabled
displaySizeWidth
sdkAbName
SDKVersion
displaySizeHeight
connectionType

That is what info they take from you when you go to their site to get your dilithium that they scam you out of.

I'm done with the wall after this and NOT getting any dilithium even though I provided proof to them.

Sure some people will say my dilithium came just fine.. that's great! But when stuff like this happens I'm turned away and consider this more of a scam/steal info wall than anything else.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chang wrote: »
    This is a question and practices that make people question things...

I just completed two offers to the letter of what the offer wall stated.

#1. Reach province level 15.

My proof I sent to whoever site or whatever it asked for... the actual screenshot I sent.

nsy32zfqs1tp.png

As you can see I reached province 15 just like the offer wall stated I had to do.. this is their response...

wdf2u60ma6f9.jpg

I did everything 100% correct and they refused to pay out.. Smells like a scam so far...

#2. Reach level 2.

Same...as above.. I sent this screenshot as proof. The badges are level markers.. So I'm on level 3.

xy99ucn74oxv.png

Their response... I again did everything stated by them to get a payout...

5ld9oxfxqv21.jpg

Denied both times and yet I completed what they asked of me both times. Smells more like a scam to me.

However there's a problem now.. I went to complain about me not getting my dilithium here's what I found that they take for info about you and your device....

mobileCarrier
    batteryLevel
    deviceVolume
    deviceModel
    androidIsVersion
    deviceLanguage
    deviceApiLevel
    country
    deviceOs
    appOrientation
    deviceScreenScale
    deviceOEM
    diskFreeSize
    timezoneOffset
    deviceOSVersion
    deviceHeightDP
    isLimitAdTrackingEnabled
    displaySizeWidth
    sdkAbName
    SDKVersion
    displaySizeHeight
    connectionType

That is what info they take from you when you go to their site to get your dilithium that they scam you out of.

I'm done with the wall after this and NOT getting any dilithium even though I provided proof to them.

Sure some people will say my dilithium came just fine.. that's great! But when stuff like this happens I'm turned away and consider this more of a scam/steal info wall than anything else.

Good luck. Hope you get someone to do the right thing.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I never tried it. Thanks for this!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    This is why I never bothered with the Offer Wall...
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • This has been my experience as well. I did have one offer EVENTUALLY pay out after several weeks.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, this isn’t really new information.

Nope... not at all a jerk. I read what the other thread had on this as well. Some of them worked fine.. when it came to the 30s or 60s range of dilithium. I'm just wanting the newer/new/everyone to see what you have to go through to get your "free" dillithium and even when you jump through all the hoops and dot all the i's.. cross the lower case f's you still get the shaft and they still steal????? take?????? borrow???? your info.

Now if TP/DB/STT can make me whole that would be nice :) is about little less than 4000 dilithium I'm owed and was denied. Which is ummm some colorful metaphors (Star Trek IV). However I'm done with the wall after this..
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    They never send dillithium for those offers that should give a large amount and also it seems for those that you can do without spending money in another game.
  • edited August 2020
    Me [AUS] wrote: »
    They never send dillithium for those offers that should give a large amount and also it seems for those that you can do without spending money in another game.

This is not my experience. I completed offers for 529, 735, 1118 and 1135 Dilithium, all without spending money in another game. I finally tried some of the games I had been advertised for years now. ;) Everything got paid within hours of completion. I understand the risks of the offer wall privacy policy. But I have no complaints about the "payment".
  • ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Me [AUS] wrote: »

This is not my experience. I completed offers for 529, 735, 1118 and 1135 Dilithium, all without spending money in another game. I finally tried some of the games I had been advertised for years now. ;) Everything got paid within hours of completion. I understand the risks of the offer wall privacy policy. But I have no complaints about the "payment".

Hypothetical. You are shot walking down the street. You tell some one you were shot walking down the street. Some one else runs up behind you and starts ranting that they have walked down that street before and have never been shot.

What would be the purpose of the story from the guy insisting he walked down the street without being shot? What would it add to the convention about the guy who was shot? Is a story about not getting shot relevant?
  • edited August 2020
    It's relevant if the first someone is telling everyone you can't walk along this street without being shot.
    Now people know you can walk this street without getting hurt.
  • Thanks for posting this. I,ve not had any issues with claiming rewards. I won,t be playing those games.
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    All i received was for completing tutorials or very small amounts like 20 dill but for those that were higher than that i got nothing and wasn't allowed to send a ticket also. I deleted those games anyway so don't care anymore.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the case of Empires and Puzzles, that one came preinstalled on my current phone. If the same thing applies to the OP, that may be an explanation of why it isn't considered the "first-time installation".

Note that this is an explanation, not an excuse. Just more evidence that Ironsource is shaddy AF.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the case of Empires and Puzzles, that one came preinstalled on my current phone. If the same thing applies to the OP, that may be an explanation of why it isn't considered the "first-time installation".

Note that this is an explanation, not an excuse. Just more evidence that Ironsource is shaddy AF.

... which makes me even sadder. WRG, please disable this thing and put all players back on a level field. Thank you. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    For the empires and puzzles offer, I played the same game for an offer. Reach level 7 I think.
    Even though it stated REACH level 7, I didn't get the reward until I COMPLETED province 7. Hope that clears up that problem.
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    For the empires and puzzles offer, I played the same game for an offer. Reach level 7 I think.
    Even though it stated REACH level 7, I didn't get the reward until I COMPLETED province 7. Hope that clears up that problem.

That seems to be what they actually mean, from what people have said. Complete the stated level.
  • ChangChang ✭✭✭

That seems to be what they actually mean, from what people have said. Complete the stated level.

Wish they would say that instead of something completely different. :neutral:
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I believe there are offers that are better than others. I usually do a quick Google search to see if there are widespread issues with an offer.
    I have completed many offers and accepted even more. I have made about 15k dilithium since the start.

I worry about the negativity around the offer wall being brought back here and the toxicity that is brought to the community. I think the glitches, concerns and earnings have been well documented and we can move on. Your gripe here is with a third party company and not TP or WRG and I think they should be directed accordingly. Contact their support and try to have them appeal their decision.

When I encountered the same problem with empires and puzzles a quick Google search on the offer let me know i needed to finish the province to gain the reward. Then a day later I had it, no stress, no ticket, not anger. Choose your offers wisely and enjoy.
  • If you would like to see our official statement regarding the offerwall, along with our privacy Policy and Terms of Service, please see https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16563/change-of-ownership-offer-wall-and-privacy-concerns#latest
  • Me [AUS]Me [AUS] ✭✭✭
    I was past the level required by the game to give me the dill, anyway it doesn't matter as i won't touch that ever again.
    Chang wrote: »

Wish they would say that instead of something completely different. :neutral:

I totally agree. Games have the clarity problem, as well.

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had some offerwall games not pay out, but the majority do.

@Chang Did you try following up on your ticket? Ironsource use zendesk as their support platform, its possible to create an account there and start a new ticket or follow up on old ones. I know its a palaver but might be worth a shot.

They tend to auto-reject tickets in the first case, so you have to manually update it with screenshots, further info etc.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    If you would like to see our official statement regarding the offerwall, along with our privacy Policy and Terms of Service, please see https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16563/change-of-ownership-offer-wall-and-privacy-concerns#latest

Haven't seen @Shan in a few days - hope she's okay!
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    WRG Ben wrote: »
    If you would like to see our official statement regarding the offerwall, along with our privacy Policy and Terms of Service, please see https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16563/change-of-ownership-offer-wall-and-privacy-concerns#latest

Haven't seen @Shan in a few days - hope she's okay!

Shan is out until 8/30.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I never got my reward from "Words with Friends 2" which requires completing 25 words against opponents. I went WAY past that but my offer wall still shows "in progress". The payout is supposed to be 784 dilithium. It sure would be nice to get that.
    I have not had any problems from any other offer involving another game. Those surveys though.... ugh. I have no words other than they need to be banned.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesnt matter how often a link to the privacy Policy and Terms of Service is postet and how many words written down to dispel concerns,fact is, tp/is link the stt to these games/sites. and surly they know exactly whats going on over there,just because they get money from it,thats the hole point of the offer wall. or anyone really think after we used the link to "the second partys" iron source dont get any cent on this site for linking players to the third partys?

i tried it,definitely first install etc. etc. but didnt get any dil... what a surprise... knew it in the moment the offer wall was announced,so i decided not to give it a try,but get some help to see whats really going on,cause i was interested in it and want to get a proof for myself.
    a friend of mine installed a little programm to track whats going on. he wrote it himself and because of reason i sadly cant share anything,but they collect way more than they suggest... even before u click the link. but to proof it,you have to reveal u also used "not so good" techniques to get the proof... just insane...

so what can a single player do? complaining? pff,tp just laugh about such things

so i had to rate the game down to one star (ofc i write down the reason) ,stop spending completly and stop watching ads until this **tsk tsk** is removed!

plz dont get me wrong,i love this game,thats the reason am so emotionally into this!

if you (tp) really want to give something back as a thanks to the players who keep the gane alive for over 4 years now,try to think about a "real gift" not a way to just squeeze out more and more in concerning ways.
    this i clearly the wrong way and in middle to long term u will lose more players! ( in my opinion ofc)

as u can see,my english is not the best,but i´m hoping it is not to harsh written,i "just" concerned about the future of the game and how it "developed" since tp

llap *typicalvulcangesturesmiley*

Your message came through just fine, in my opinion. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust