Home Engineering Room

STEAM - Space battles in the Arena has a server bug

Leonardo_DBidLeonardo_DBid ✭✭
edited September 2020 in Engineering Room
I just won two space battles and every time the battle was over I got a server error message and I had to exit.

After I re-launch the game in Steam I still have 8 tickets left, but I've no idea what ranking I have.

I haven't checked if I the first space battle in the daily Arena mission is completed or not.

Comments

• Just checked, the first space battle in the Arena daily mission still show 0 to 5 battles.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into it!
    Any other details that anyone can add could be helpful :)
  • 1. nicht nur in der arena, sondern JEDER fight, den man gewinnt, hat einen serverfehler zur folge. 2. die gewonnenen fights zählen nicht bei den belohnungen, sondern nur die verlorenen kämpfe.
  • Ran several Arena Space battles just now and earlier as well. No issues at all.
    iOS ipadPro and Amazon Fire8HD. But both deviced aren t on the latest game version yet.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • i have same problem, sent support ticket, no response yet.
    Also Steam.
    Starting battle costs ticket if you lose arena battle then everything is ok but if you win then error and you have to do restart STT.After restart daily missions don't show any arena battle count.
  • It would be nice if the Steam players would be gien a free arena ticket as some with bad luck may have won too often thus failed the daily mission of having 5 missions accounted for + those mission lost for the temporary achievments as well
  • Denniss wrote: »
    It would be nice if the Steam players would be gien a free arena ticket as some with bad luck may have won too often thus failed the daily mission of having 5 missions accounted for + those mission lost for the temporary achievments as well
    Agreed. I lost two tickets today due to the server issue and therefore I couldn't claim 200 dilithium crystals for playing 30 space battles in the Arena.
  • lost 5 here so i have 25/30 instead of 30/30
  • trying to launch an arena on Steam right now an it is takes 2 mins to load battle.
  • Same here on Steam. At the end I will have 69/70 so no dill for me. On android everything work normal. Send ticket before 25h, no answer yet.
  • I just got an (automated?) answer repeating the official announcement made by Shan with the Rollback to an older version. So not very helpful.
  • Puknuti wrote: »
    Same here on Steam. At the end I will have 69/70 so no dill for me. On android everything work normal. Send ticket before 25h, no answer yet.
    Me too as I just checked and right now I probably need to pay what is it 150 dilithium crystals in order to claim 400 on Tuesday.

Yesterday, the game was almost unplayable and required a lot of exit then re-launch the game due to a not working server configuration.
  • Greetings, Captains!

We are aware of an issue that occurs when completing an Arena Battle, resulting in an assortment of error messages and possible failure to credit participation or victory. We have rolled back our Steam platform to version 7.5.2. in hopes of mitigating the issue, and are investigating non-Steam instances of this issue as well. We are continuing to investigate the issue and will hopefully have a more permanent solution soon.

Thank you for your understanding,

Wicked Realm Games

LOL!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We understand that this issue has negative impacts, and we will take it into consideration. Give us time to assess the situation.

Has everyone updated the game back to 7.5.2?
    Are you still experiencing issues with battle arena fights?
  • Sorry Shran but I will not risk to be behind even more until noone secure damage repaire for us, we allready lose 400 dil. And yes, It's older version now. Worm greetings for you.
  • Shan wrote: »
    We understand that this issue has negative impacts, and we will take it into consideration. Give us time to assess the situation.

Has everyone updated the game back to 7.5.2?
    Are you still experiencing issues with battle arena fights?
    How do we know what version Steam players are using?

As for other issues, just normal such as a little longer loading, but for the most part it's working.
  • Steam version is back to older version (new version had a fancy/colored logo). No probs with arena fights (yet).
    The new version was also terribly instable for me, while watching the last legs of my voyage I got multiple crashes, especially if I reduced the window size to minimal size
  • Ah, I forgot. Thanks for clarifying.

You mean "unstable" when saying "instable".
  • it's now the last day to get the 400 dilitium achievement for 70 arena battles but there has not been any reply on tickets of those I k ow (including me) who have only 69 registered.
    So I am very conflicted if I should just buy 10 tickets so get the 400 dil. or trust that they will Chek all individual cases to send the 400 dil. If I buy the 10 tickets to get that achievement will these be refunded. and what about needing to buy 40 tickets now to get the 2premium pulls. will those extra 10dilitium be refunded. and what if you need to buy dilitium to get those 40 tickets.

We really need a clear statement that if you are at 61_69 or 91-99 you get the appropriate temporary achievement.

and this is not even mentioning the fact that many could not log in for days at all, so missed out, lost resources, shuttles for the event.

this has been a major screw up but those things happen and that's no problem. but please be sure to assure people that they be compensated and do not only send a vague message once only, which makes users feel like they might have to spend money to be sure to get the 'free' achievement.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's now the last day to get the 400 dilitium achievement for 70 arena battles but there has not been any reply on tickets of those I k ow (including me) who have only 69 registered.
    So I am very conflicted if I should just buy 10 tickets so get the 400 dil. or trust that they will Chek all individual cases to send the 400 dil. If I buy the 10 tickets to get that achievement will these be refunded. and what about needing to buy 40 tickets now to get the 2premium pulls. will those extra 10dilitium be refunded. and what if you need to buy dilitium to get those 40 tickets.

We really need a clear statement that if you are at 61_69 or 91-99 you get the appropriate temporary achievement.

and this is not even mentioning the fact that many could not log in for days at all, so missed out, lost resources, shuttles for the event.

this has been a major screw up but those things happen and that's no problem. but please be sure to assure people that they be compensated and do not only send a vague message once only, which makes users feel like they might have to spend money to be sure to get the 'free' achievement.

There were two announcements related to the arena ticket issue:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16850/arena-issue-steam-roll-back

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16863/an-update-on-various-issues

The second says that they will apparently be looking at arena ticket use versus the temporary achievement on a case-by-case basis and that more info is expected SoonTM. I imagine that anyone who has filed a support ticket for the matter will have their information reviewed and awards sent via in-game message accordingly.
  • there has also been an android issue which made it impossible to log in for some for several days.
    which did affect bot the ability to rank in event and to. make achievements. I myself could only log in 2times during 2days. never got a reply in that ticket.

I created this topic for the combined problems.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16870/these-event-temp-achievements-bugs/p1?new=1
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

We are working on the compensation for the arena issue that impacted the temporary achievement.
    This is not a small task and and will take a bit of time to put in place. This will cover all tiers.

For the inability to log in, this is not something we can offer a global compensation for.
    Player Support will work with you. Please keep in mind that for the Arena temporary achievement, our reps will also need to wait for the outcome of the global compensation.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The compensation has been granted.

Seeing the tickets we are receiving since this mail went out, I feel the need to clarify something:

Having to purchase 30 Battle Arena tickets to reach the last tiers of the temporary achievement was not an error. There is no cause for compensation in that regard.
  • So i finish the achievement with a score of 99/100. Do i get the compensation by this score only or should i open an ingame tiket? Same **tsk tsk** happened to me, lost a tiket cuz of the server loading.
  • kip cipkip cip ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I only got the mail that i will get the compensation, but didnt get the actual compensation.

Git it. I wass especting it via email, but it wass added directly to the time portal. Thanx!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We would like your assistance to test a new and improved 7.6.0 client on Steam, via a beta version.

As with any beta client, this involves risks that something will go wrong.
    Luckily with Steam it is very easy to switch between a beta version and the regular client.

For this beta version we are looking for feedback on ship battles, and how they perform.
    Do they complete properly or are there still crashes?

Please only do this if you are OK with the potential negative impacts this might have on your game.

How to set up for the Steam beta:

- go to Steam - Library
    - locate and right click on Star Trek Timelines
    - in the drop down menu choose Properties
    q4phgiamqnxo.png

This will open the Properties window, in it select the Betas tab.
    s3grfwyk03fu.png

In the relevant field, enter the following code and press Check Code. “bQBA1WfaqP3rOsbf”

Upon validation the, you will see an additional option in the menu above. Select “beta for live” and the beta client will be downloaded.
    p02u2ezpb2j3.png

Once downloaded launch the game and play as you normally would

To switch back to the regular client, follow the same steps as above and select “NONE - Opt out of all beta programs”.

Wait for the regular client to be downloaded, and you will be good to go.

• Updated 2 beta client ... Client works as expected.
    Tested card upgrade , gauntlet, card equip, card training, campaign collection, email collection, and 6 ship battles ...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Updated 2 beta client ... Client works as expected.
    Tested card upgrade , gauntlet, card equip, card training, campaign collection, email collection, and 6 ship battles ...

Thank you! :)
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have just run through a set of arena battles using the beta, with a mix of auto, manual, fast-forward and normal speed.

All completed properly.

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    I have just run through a set of arena battles using the beta, with a mix of auto, manual, fast-forward and normal speed.

All completed properly.

Thank you!