Home Engineering Room

error messages during skirmish

edited September 2020 in Engineering Room
anyone else get these?

one in 4 skirmishes I get anerror message 'not allowed' while trying to take the bonus reward. the skirmish then ends and I have to pay 1200 Intel again. sometimes the old skirmish continues. sometimes it just starts new.

I also had 2times 'end on phase messages after a battle and other hangups.

each time you do not get rewards and loose the rest of the battles you already paid I tel for.
ps I amr reearrow somehow I cannot change my name from guest

us.v-mbq12n3cjx7y.jpg
bekgyyrhm7ct.jpg
cdn.net/6030345/uploads/editor/nd/u8ngmtyadeez.jpg

Comments

• the other error message

I could not choose engineering room as category. please move

lmsy16qhkpbp.jpg
  • 18/9 crashes

:not allowed: 8x
    phase has ended: 4x
    99.99 screen: 3x

starting a log:
    14.52: skirmish continued after reboot
    14.54 after last battle 'borg queen ship' I got a choose bonus reward screen instead of the 2000vp screen. choosing a rewards generated a not allowed message. no vp were given.

14.56 same happened. choose reward after borg queen. no vp.
  • This should be posted in the Engineering Room
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I messaged Shan about moving this to Engineering.

Rearrow, are you able provide some technical info for the support staff? They generally like to know what type of device you're using and which version of the game you're running. Oh, and if you're playing on Facebook, Steam, etc. they like to know that too.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I have logged a ticket. but no reaction yet.
    I am playing on Android on the latest version.
    it is going better the last 4 hours.
  • I should not have said that. just got a "the current phase has ended" message
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the details, we are already looking into it.

In the meantime, 2 things I can recommend:
    - do not let the game go into the background while playing in skirmish
    - when you see these weird screens/error pop up, close the event ui and reopen it

Let me know if that helped, thank you!
  • I am doing both things. closing event ui does not help.
    restart phone helps sometimes.

it seems to happen more often if you wait a little for claiming bonus reward.

just now:
    after the current phase has ended message the skirmish continued. but at the end I got the buy again 99.99 button screen and had to close application.

On discord and in fleet many are experiencing similar problems.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK
    Thank you for letting me know.
  • tried 3 more skirmishes and got stuck with buy again 99.99 screens each time.
    in between I restarted phone and cleaned memory and buffers
  • extra info:
    I encounter the same problems using
    home WiFi (Netflix and other streaming services as well as other games work fine).
    same problems on 4G network.
    same problems on other city wifi.
    same problems when using phone of wife or tablet.

I have no pc to try.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had it happen a few times, too.
  • PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this "-Not allowed" message too, a few times on Android (latest STT version). Also had this, endless, prompting an app restart:
    bekgyyrhm7ct.jpg

I have also been using the Win10 app, which doesn't seem to have these problems at all.
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    This happens whenever I pause a bit and my screen shuts down. Which is a pain. Most times I'm not doing so on purpose - something will come up, or I'll get distracted. It didn't use to be an issue. But now it seems to behave like the Voyage screen - if you let it idle too long when you come back it'll have moved you out.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK
    We've tried something.
    Please restart the game and let us know how skirmish behaves now. Thank you!
  • been skirmish ing the last hour without problems (slept before so could not reply/test earlier)
  • during the last 2hours skirmish ing I have run tests switching of screen of phone at various stages, delaying collecting Bonus rewards.
    I have had no problems and generally everything in skirmish and generally in game seems to be faster and more responsive.

Shan, many thanks for your reply and assistance.
    Since my tickets were not allocated I was not sure if these problems were k own already.
    Is it generally wise to post to forum in case of problems during events due to the time being limited?
  • Working for me as well and thanks for the prompt response to my support ticket
  • I'm seeing many of these symptoms now. Looks like whatever you guys did to fix it didn't stick.
  • Game is acting up again.....its slow, screens closing at random, fleets / squads not shwoing.....skirmish results / rewards screen taking ages,

error messages....

random crash out of app.......

• This is still happening for some of my fleet members playing on android 7.6.0.
    So the swrver side fix, 2 days ago clearly didn t work for everyone. Makes the event almost unplayable. :/
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Link removed, apks are not supported. ~Shan

Use this to revert back to version 7.5.4
    Until they fix it.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I would need to know exactly what some players are experiencing and under which circumstances?

Outside of the performances issues from Saturday.