Home Strange New Worlds

Discovery S4 is confirmed, and a reboot for DS9?

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2020 in Strange New Worlds
Star Trek: Discovery Officially Renewed For Season 4 At CBS All Access, And There's More Good News

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2557031/star-trek-discovery-officially-renewed-for-season-4-and-theres-more-good-news

CBS Reportedly Considering Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Revival
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/cbs-reportedly-star-trek-deep-space-revival/

Wegotthiscovered.com may be a false rumor website. Just giving you a fair warning

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Fans on some of the Star Trek pages on Fakebook are pushing for a new Voyager series, with the EMH being persecuted, al a Synths in Picard.

As OP said, take "WeGotThisCovered" with a grain of salt. I think their overall average is somewhere around "Local TV Weatherman". But, the CinemaBlend story I believe is also being reported by others. Also, a set filming schedule is definitely more "confirmed" than Idle Hollywood chatter. Apparently, Mando season three will start filming before Season Two finishes running, as well.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    We Got This Covered is garbage clickbait; don’t put any faith in anything they report. Just a few months ago they were reporting that Disco, Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds had been cancelled.

Brooks hasn’t acted in a decade and didn’t even come back for the DS9 doco; I don’t see him returning for a series.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a rumor earlier this week about Brooks possibly coming back to Star Trek, but had a really hard time wrapping my head around it because, to @Calhoun 's point, Brooks hasn't wanted anything to do with acting for a good decade now. Seeing a second rumor around DS9 gives me a bit more hope, but I'm just going to assume its fake unfortunately.
  • Star trek Season 4 starts filming in December is confirmed from StarTrek.com too lol. The ds9 thing is still rumor until confirmed but disco is back baby!!
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Fans on some of the Star Trek pages on Fakebook are pushing for a new Voyager series, with the EMH being persecuted, al a Synths in Picard.

I would actually like a VOY series a lot more, not just because of my personal preference, but because VOY's ending felt very rushed. I would have loved to see something of the crew's lives once they made it back to Earth.

But good for DISCO season 4 and it would definitely be fun to have some new DS9 episodes too :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I would actually like a VOY series a lot more, not just because of my personal preference, but because VOY's ending felt very rushed. I would have loved to see something of the crew's lives once they made it back to Earth.

But good for DISCO season 4 and it would definitely be fun to have some new DS9 episodes too :)

I would be happier to see Ensign Kim show up on Lower Decks. :wink:
    Farewell 🖖
  • KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I blocked articles from We Got This Covered on my Facebook feed, they always report the most ridiculous things. From Trek to MCU to Star Wars, nothing i have seen from them over the years has been reported by other sites or has come true.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

With any luck, Prodigy will explore some of the fallout of Voyager's return. Probably not, but maybe we'll get a few hints.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, Orville season three was reportedly cancelled from a site no one had heard of.
  • I would like it if Trek made a series or movie from the Lost Era (Enterprise-B to Enterprise-C years).
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    I loved DS9 and would love more but I doubt it will happen. People can watch the DS9 documentary What We Left Behind which was phenomenal. It had most of the cast and it was created by the producers and writers. They even storyboard what a new season of DS9 could look like.

I am glad Discovery is getting a fourth season, it is a wonderful show. I rewatched the first two seasons again and they were so good. Disco gets a lot of hate from some people but it is a well done show.
    Let’s fly!
  • I really liked DS9 and i hope they don't ruin that also.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like it if Trek made a series or movie from the Lost Era (Enterprise-B to Enterprise-C years).

oh man and then we could get them in STT like
    Section 31 Harriman and Captain Demora
    !!!
  • Rebooting DS9? Dear god no.

Making some reference or adding to the DS9 verse? Hell yes.
  • Reboots are just a horrible lack of imagination.

Re-emergence of DS-9, like maybe set in the era of ST:Picard, or somewhere in between, would be awesome!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...