Home The Holodeck

Halloween 2020

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
I know not all countries celebrate and it is not ideal this year but for those who like/celebrate the holiday maybe we can share decorations/costumes?

In my area trick or treating is not recommended so we're not going to be outside with candy unfortunately.

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh this looks great!

I admire your patience with the fake spider web thingy ^^
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Ooooh this looks great!

I admire your patience with the fake spider web thingy ^^

Thanks! We love Halloween (well, he does) but don't think we will be very busy this year compared to years past.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    7jdqjunlshuf.jpg
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in my town got creative :)

iyxofg9su92z.png
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    In Spain the tradition was to celebrate the All Sain's Day (is national holiday here) going to the cemeteries to visit the graves of the dead and putting flowers in it. But thid tradition was lost gradually (in my family we never did it for example), and since 20 years or so many people (young people) began to celebrate Halloween parties (just costumes, here the houses are not decorated or anything like that). Here, any excuse is good in order to make a party xD

I don't share costumes or decorations, but I share a story by a Spaniatd writer and poet of the 19th century, Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer. It's a horror story, a ghost story, (I mean 19th century horror romanticism style, something like Poe and such), called The Spirit's Mountain (El monte de las ánimas). The lecture is performed by Pepe Mediavilla, a great voice actor, and it's in Spanish but I added English subtitles to it. It's about 30 minutes long, but I love it! I hope you like it!

https://youtu.be/sMCNpR_y8KY
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OOooOOoooh ^^ I will have to watch later :D
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although official trick-or-treating is not happening this year, we got a bag of candy just in case and I found and printed the ideal tool for socially-distant distribution:

ppty6cj78i8y.jpeg

I was able to get a range of well over six feet during fire tests...any kids that show up literally won’t know what hit them.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although official trick-or-treating is not happening this year, we got a bag of candy just in case and I found and printed the ideal tool for socially-distant distribution:

ppty6cj78i8y.jpeg

I was able to get a range of well over six feet during fire tests...any kids that show up literally won’t know what hit them.

I am impressed, I think .. :D