Home Make It So!

STT Originals: Pitch Thread

Ben's comments on the recent Timelines Talks show included a request for pitches for new crew original to Timelines. These would be along the lines of Aviator Yar, Prince Bashir, etc.- crew that never appeared in Star Trek. To be a hit with players, they should have an excellent character concept, excellent art, and a decent blend of stats.

With those in mind, here are some suggestions:

-Protomorphosis Saru: a de-evolved version of the Discovery officer, reflecting the unusual stages of development of his species.

-Jazz Combo Kim: a version of Harry Kim if he had become a professional jazz clarinetist instead of a Starfleet officer (he was in the Julliard Youth Symphony, after all!).

-Tal Shiar Garak: what if, instead of forming a secret armada of ships with the Obsidian Order in 2371, the Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order merged? Fan favorite Garak becomes an even more fearsome spy when backed by TWO insidious secret police organizations!

-Emergency Hologram Lore: what if Soong, rather than Zimmerman, were the eccentric genius behind the EMH program?

-Apollo Program Archer: if Archer had access to the Enterprise-D's holodeck, would he have reenacted humanity's early space exploration successes?

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gangster McCoy - what if he instead of Spock or Kirk got dressed up in an Iotian suit?

Klingon Bashir - what if Julian joined Odo and Sisko to uncover the Klingon Changeling?

TOS Uniform Tilly - what if she didn’t join Michael on the trip to the future and got assigned to the Enterprise?

Admiral Chekov - he wouldn’t be nearly as old as McCoy in the 2360s (to the point where a current photo of Walter Koenig would work) and could look pretty darn good in a TNG S1/S2 admiral’s uniform.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psi-Cop Chekov has been suggested. I would absolutely go all out for Evil Chekhov. That would be great.
  • All in the tradition of Prince Bashir and Chaplin Odo...

Officer Kirk - Shatner during his TJ Hooker years

Professor Picard - Professor X

Quantum Archer - Archer as a temporal agent (kinda already exists with Humanoid Figure)

Undead Burnham - Burnham as a zombie

Psi-Cop Chekov - A telepathic version of Chekov

Principal Quark - Quark as a school administrator rather than a bartender

Bartender Jadzia

Sisko “for hire”

Oh my! Psy-Cop Chekov. Please and thank you!

In that vein, would it be too much to ask for Star Trek meets Gargoyles cards?
    Xanatos Riker
    Demona Troi
    Coldstone Worf
    Data Puck

:smiley:
  • We already have a STT Originals Quark, but what about a Quark in a Starfleet uniform?
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in the tradition of Prince Bashir and Chaplin Odo...

Officer Kirk - Shatner during his TJ Hooker years - Investigator, Constable, Human, Starfleet, Federation, Hunter(??)

Professor Picard - Professor X - Empath, Telepath, Human, Caregiver, Cultural Figure, Civilian, Diplomat, Hero

Quantum Archer - Archer as a temporal agent (kinda already exists with Humanoid Figure) - Exoarchaeology, Temporal Agent, Starfleet, Federation, Human, Innovator, Desperate, Changeling, Undercover Opperative

Undead Burnham - Burnham as a zombie - Human, Zombie, Desperate, Civilian

Psi-Cop Chekov - A telepathic version of Chekov - Starfleet, Federation, Section 31, Telepath, Investigator, Constable, Interrogator, Human, Villain, Brutal

Principal Quark - Quark as a school administrator rather than a bartender - Ferenghi, Caregiver, Section 31(it was hinted at that he knew about the hellmouth), Civilian

Bartender Jadzia - Civilian, Bartender, Romantic, Human

Sisko “for hire” - Human, Investigator, Civilian

Just extending my thoughts with some potential traits...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    To quote myself...
    I really want to see Prime Timeline Lorca. But... I'll either have to wait to see if they put him in an episode or the show goes off the air without him making an appearance.

<A year and a half later...>

Ben mentioned they haven't made a Timelines Original in a while. I happened to remember a certain one that I would like to see. For the record, I don't care if he looks like some Russian general or has long blonde hair with a thin wooden stick for no apparent reason or whatever else he might look like. :)

In addition to Prime Lorca...

Prisoner Janeway, from Orange is the New Black

Librarian Odo, from The Librarians

Guardian Number One, from The Librarians

Barrister Scotty, from Loaded Weapon 1

Crime Boss Kirk, also from Loaded Weapon 1

Informant Guinan, also from Loaded Weapon 1

Young Amanda Grayson, from Not Another Teen Movie

Reading Advocate Geordie, from Reading Rainbow

Temporal Agent Kurros, from Seinfeld (ok, this is a HUGE stretch)

Investigator Archer, from NCIS New Orleans

Alien Controlled Noonien Soong, Brent Spiner from Independence Day

Board Game Enthusiast Wesley Crusher, from TableTop

Marine Biologist Seven of Nine, from Psych

Security Guard O'Brien, from a different episode of Psych

Early 21st Century Humanity Observer Q2, from almost every episode of Psych (there's got to be a way to shorten that name)

King Picard, from Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    Farewell 🖖

^^^ This one :smiley:

I was surprised when I noticed it wasn't already mentioned. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • calsnowskiercalsnowskier ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Great one!

Prisoner, Chef, Caregiver, Human

CMD / DIP / MED
  • Being fond of Blunt talk I recommend:
    Major Walter ("Meth or no Meth you still gotta floss") Picard
    and Pianist Data
  • MuadDave wrote: »

Reading Rainbow La Forge is brilliant.

That and unlike most things on this list (which I am 100% on board for all of them) WRG would most likely not need to worry about getting reading rainbow rights.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pitch would be for NASA Janeway, with the card art in the style of the 1980s blue astronaut uniforms. I imagine the NASA name and logo would be impossible to get the rights to use for a game like this, but a girl can dream...!

220px-ChristaMcAuliffe.jpg

Perhaps any NASA logos could be artfully covered with tools, scientific apparatus, or the like?

I see your Reading Rainbow Geordi and raise you a Reading Rambo Geordi. :)

Other ideas inspired by non-Trek roles:

Resistance Leader T’Pol (Stargate SG-1)

Detective O’Brien (Law Abiding Citizen)

Lounge Singer Kirk (pick any 1970s talk/variety show)

WWII Pilot Scotty (real life)

Dr. Quark (Invisible Man)

Diner Owner Jadzia (Becker)

Desert Comber Tuvok (Spaceballs)

Hacker Tuvok (SeaQuest DSV)

Prisoner Neelix (Bad Santa)

Lawyers Kirk and Odo (Boston Legal)

Vampire Tucker (inspired by Stargate Atlantis)

Therapist Worf (Castle)

Mercenary Barclay (The A-Team)

Teacher Seven (Boston Commons)

Folk Singer Spock (The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins)
    My pitch would be for NASA Janeway, with the card art in the style of the 1980s blue astronaut uniforms. I imagine the NASA name and logo would be impossible to get the rights to use for a game like this, but a girl can dream...!

220px-ChristaMcAuliffe.jpg

Perhaps any NASA logos could be artfully covered with tools, scientific apparatus, or the like?

I see your Reading Rainbow Geordi and raise you a Reading Rambo Geordi. :)

Other ideas inspired by non-Trek roles:

Resistance Leader T’Pol (Stargate SG-1)

Detective O’Brien (Law Abiding Citizen)

Lounge Singer Kirk (pick any 1970s talk/variety show)

WWII Pilot Scotty (real life)

Dr. Quark (Invisible Man)

Diner Owner Jadzia (Becker)

Desert Comber Tuvok (Spaceballs)

Hacker Tuvok (SeaQuest DSV)

Prisoner Neelix (Bad Santa)

Lawyers Kirk and Odo (Boston Legal)

Vampire Tucker (inspired by Stargate Atlantis)

Therapist Worf (Castle)

Mercenary Barclay (The A-Team)

Teacher Seven (Boston Commons)

Folk Singer Spock (The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins)

I can't believe I forgot Mercenary Barclay!

I had no idea that was Tim Russ in Spaceballs. I would absolutely LOVE to see one of those uniforms is the game as some devious human civilization.

I forgot Terri Hatcher was in Becker. Put the Trill spots on her and that would be brilliant. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Journalist Wesley, with glasses and a beard from The Ready Room.

Gene Roddenberry as Captain Robert April.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Plenty of actual Canon Crew that will never get made. The 3 Timelines Talks hosts all want non-canon crew. I know it's hard to believe, but MANY other players don't want any non-canon crew. Just sayin'

txxq6zrchcks.jpg

127a2kfs4uln.jpg

yqeozntuzcce.jpg

8d54ovtjy6le.jpg

ofa6km67jk7l.jpg

fnus1heiyxtb.jpg

sbdm589dcjt0.jpg

b16jy4rrbrz8.jpg

f6184k1bq7ju.jpg

zpehphvhp85t.jpg

bcy55f7c5hd5.jpg

7nu9zu5ovfp3.jpg

08hp2g0xfx9b.jpg

zxfakgwhom1p.jpg
    ÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • ÷ Dr. Claire Finn÷ Dr. Claire Finn ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Many players didn't want Discovery or TAS, either. Lots of players do what crew for whom devs could not obtain the rights. That's just the way things go. There hasn't been a non-canon crew in a long while. It was brought up. Some folks want another non-canon crew. We may and may not get it. But this is where we can pitch ideas and dream. :)

Love TAS / Disco and I'd love if WRG invested in Lower Decks for the future too (rather WRG make that occur). If it appeared on-screen in Trek I'm all about it.

You guys can also pitch ideas for made-up ships too :)

iql3dxorj5cf.jpg

÷Dr. Claire Finn - Admiral of the Battleship Yamato & Founder of both the Battleship Yamato & ISS Yamato
  • As much as I would *love* to see a WWII biplane kicking the snot out of a Klingon warbird in arena, I think one reason some people want more STT originals is that, recently, it feels like WRG is scrapping the bottom of the barrel, character wise. Yes, there are a lot of cannon cards we'd all like to see, but there are also a lot of reasons they may never be seen. An original card, on the other hand, probably does not face as much restrictions to exist. And, thus, can give us interesting, colorful characters we would not see otherwise.

As much as I would very much like a 'Charlie X' card, I'd settle for a 'Charles X' (professor x) card if it was at all possible. :blush:
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • It's always interesting when an actor appears on star trek as several characters. We get one crew in the game and not the others.

5gjhghzqt4ab.jpg

g2rdnckj1otw.jpg

t77klwg3fjz5.jpg

bqbjasvoyymk.jpg

14zpgchox5uz.jpg
  • How about Patrick Stewart and Mark Hamil from the Uber Eats commercials I always see on my TV, phone, radio in the car etc.... :wink:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
    How about Patrick Stewart and Mark Hamil from the Uber Eats commercials I always see on my TV, phone, radio in the car etc.... :wink:

Cricket Picard? I'm in!
    Many players didn't want Discovery or TAS, either. Lots of players do what crew for whom devs could not obtain the rights. That's just the way things go. There hasn't been a non-canon crew in a long while. It was brought up. Some folks want another non-canon crew. We may and may not get it. But this is where we can pitch ideas and dream. :)

Love TAS / Disco and I'd love if WRG invested in Lower Decks for the future too (rather WRG make that occur). If it appeared on-screen in Trek I'm all about it.

You guys can also pitch ideas for made-up ships too :)

iql3dxorj5cf.jpg

That's pretty awesome. I would love to see something that came from a player make it into the game. I mean, if they could make a card from one of those pictures you've posted with Trek actors and keep you in as "background art" I would be all for it. Hell... I'd probably risk Tuesday packs for the first player to make it into the game. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Being fond of Blunt talk I recommend:
    Major Walter ("Meth or no Meth you still gotta floss") Picard
    and Pianist Data

Speaking of Blunt Talk, what about this one?

xjkpuigjyk17.jpeg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Cricketeer Picard would be fun (athlete!).
    Academy Instructor Uhura (her future posting before ST6 intervened) could be interesting too.