Home The Bridge

ISM for equipment drops - Do you like the change in campaigns?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
If you're not sure yet, please wait to vote. If you have something to add to your yes or no, please comment below - I'm curious why you may or may not like it. :)
Farewell 🖖

ISM for equipment drops - Do you like the change in campaigns? 179 votes

No
38%
AmphistaffCaptain_Who[NDQ] MALDISSR BarkleyWaldoMageXo | SilverRose (retired)Lantree dext74Commander SinclairBakkster12345678 of 123456789Jean-Luc Kenobi[S47] ELiLgregorytMarqTorias327Cpt JRDScottHewitt[RotP] AmadeusBlast Hardcheese 69 votes
Yes
61%
Warrior WilloJeanLucKirkAviTrek[KM]VidemCaptain TFSabine of AthensZombie Squirrel IkritV.{SST} Captain Magenta BorealisIvanstone[QH] OxmyxVaelerys TargaryenNS111111Jim SteeleTopicalThis Sisko1Midspeed[SSR]TrollhammerenDragen 110 votes

Comments

• Yes
    Great change! Now if they’ll add that extra cite we saw once long ago, I’ll go back to buying the premium tier.
  • edited February 2021
    Yes
    No. I'm not getting as much useful stuff as I have did, but other people are going to impacted by it.

Honestly surprised that people are impacted. I just presumed everyone got junk. I guess I should try to see it from a different perspective.

I'm not sure how the loot boxes worked. Are they supposed to drop specific items for cards that aren't FE? I never have cards that aren't FE for more than five minutes so I thought it was just random junk from those boxes. I guess if I were a newer player it would be annoying (if they are targeted at crew one does not have FE)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. I'm not getting as much useful stuff as I have did, but other people are going to impacted by it.

Honestly surprised that people are impacted. I just presumed everyone got junk. I guess I should try to see it from a different perspective.

I'm not sure how the loot boxes worked. Are they supposed to drop specific items for cards that aren't FE? I never have cards that aren't FE for more than five minutes so I thought it was just random junk from those boxes. I guess if I were a newer player it would be annoying (if they are targeted at crew I one does not have FE)

I would guess it would be the way Dabo supposedly works. If you have needed items, they should have a better chance to drop. It's mostly going to help people who are working on more Crew, or earlier n the game.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I don't care. Never got the good items anyways.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, the equipment crates were mainly miss for me. Equipment for crew I did not have, duplicate equipment I already had, sometimes multiple copies for the same crew, and no equipment for crew I was trying to level, and opening the crate when the crew was level 90/90 or 100/100.

They worked as I wanted so rarely they were not worth the effort.

642.9 ISM per track, per day, instead sounds good to me.
  • BarnBurnerBarnBurner ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Wont be spending money anyway, but in truth they should have just added the ism tiers to the track. Why did they need to “replace” anything? And if they had to replace thinfs, why not (as others have mentioned) replace the replicator rations which are basically pointless?

Its possible to finish the campaign early anyway, or they could have added the accolades to event ranks like before.

I think its lame economy tinkering and more of the same “less for more” mantra that they keep pushing.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    While definitely not a fan of the crates, I do hope they pair all this extra ISM with a way to more directly get Constellations. Scanning alone won't be enough.

Now, this is likely another test of their's to see how players respond to a change. So I would not be surprised if they change things in the campaign after this one.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently on the fence. On one hand, the items drops were very little help. On the other hand, the replicator rations are even less help now that I am not using credits on replication.

Am I mad? No. Could they have done better? Probably.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Yes
    Well. If used right, the crates provided a steady stream of items that reduced the need to target certain factions or spend chrons on farming. In return all you needed were a few crew slots.

If you didn't adjust your entire roster to take advantage of crate drops, then their rewards were mostly useless and extra work to airlock and keep the inventory below 1k items.

I voted yes, because ISM is of more immediate benefit to me than these small savings, but I imagine that for newer players there could be made a case the other way around.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm lovin' it!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to make much of a difference really.

They've swapped equipment that I'll never use for ISM that I'll never need. 18K per month (36K with the premium track) is more than anyone will ever need, unless you're spending 1000s of dilithium on extra quantum.
  • Option missing from the poll, 'don't care'. I'll buy the campaign only when I want the gold (x4), given the bottle neck is the Quantum then the ISM is neither here nor there, just another currency to collect and rarely use (once every 3 weeks), presumably it can be used for replicators?
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    At what point is Ben going to start complaining about people hoarding ISM?
  • Yes
    I don’t think I benefited much from what I got in the crates. I look forward to the extra ISM. It would be nice to get a Constellation toward the end of the Campaign with a reduction in the planned ISM though.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    I liked the idea of crates, but they always gave useless equipment, even when I had multiple crew with varying levels of equipment uncovered. It always frustrated me when I got a 5* piece of equipment for a crew I've never owned, when I had several pieces of 5* equipment missing from crew in my quarters.

While there is other junk included in the campaign reward structure that I would have cut before the equipment crates, I don't think this is a bad thing... just meh.
  • Yes
    I have been able to use one or 2 items a campaign out of the premium track, and nothing out of the standard pack. This will help with scans and opening constellations.
  • Yes
    ChaosChild wrote: »

They've swapped equipment that I'll never use for ISM that I'll never need. 18K per month (36K with the premium track) is more than anyone will ever need, unless you're spending 1000s of dilithium on extra quantum.
    EnderW wrote: »
    While definitely not a fan of the crates, I do hope they pair all this extra ISM with a way to more directly get Constellations. Scanning alone won't be enough.

Now, this is likely another test of their's to see how players respond to a change. So I would not be surprised if they change things in the campaign after this one.

Interesting difference of opinion. One of you seems to be saying that constellations drop too frequently given recharge rates on quantum, the other that they don’t do frequently enough. I don’t have a great feel for it yet, but it does seem to me that to get what you want, you’ll need to get a lot of polestars, most of which will go unused. And that seems fine.
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I liked getting the equipment crates because most of the items were useful for me, especially the 4* and 5* equipment that dropped in the upper tiers. They saved me chronitons, replications, and credits and let me level up low-priority crew gradually. I don't care about ISM as I don't expect to retrieve much crew. I would have preferred at least a mix of crates and ISM.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    No
    I am always leveling crew I have a lot I put off because they have not been entered in wiki at higher fuse levels. I also have the problem of all my shuttles under 30 minute for return, which means the 2* faction items hardly ever drop. So I like to keep multiple people needing science experiments 2* and higher.

I am glad this week augments are one of the factions.

This is true for my my main and second account. For my, about 3 month old, account, all the above except that I am not putting any leveling off because of wiki needing info.

I also agree with @DScottHewitt post above.
  • Yes
    I voted yes, because I think this is a way for me to get constellations faster. I didn't buy the campaigns to get crates primarily, although they were helpful.

German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how the loot boxes worked. Are they supposed to drop specific items for cards that aren't FE? I never have cards that aren't FE for more than five minutes so I thought it was just random junk from those boxes. I guess if I were a newer player it would be annoying (if they are targeted at crew one does not have FE)

You have your answer. If you are always working on someone, then you are going to get something somewhat useful. You may have to build on it, but it will provide something. I'm used to getting between one and five IMMEDIATELY useable items per crate, not campaign, per CRATE. Between this and the BMV, I could happily set someone on fire right now.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ChaosChild wrote: »

EnderW wrote: »

Interesting difference of opinion. One of you seems to be saying that constellations drop too frequently given recharge rates on quantum, the other that they don’t do frequently enough. I don’t have a great feel for it yet, but it does seem to me that to get what you want, you’ll need to get a lot of polestars, most of which will go unused. And that seems fine.

I guess roughly 50% of polestars will be useless. I already have multiple Federation, Starfleet and Human polestars, which hardly narrow down the crew. If all three are selected then I get 293 crew.

8 Scans a day will give a constellation every two days, a useful polestar every four days, and a set of four useful ones every 16 days, nearly the time it takes for Quantum to recharge.

8 Scans a day I believe will cost 1200 ISM with adverts, so the Quantum/ISM seems about right. (Another 1000 ISM every other day to open the constellation).
  • No
    No

Being a newish (1yr) player I have and will have many crew needing items and I find the crates much more useful and interesting than the requisition shuttle tokens, replicator rations, 4* crew trainers, or credits in the Standard track. In the Premium track, the crates are better (to me anyway) and I would much rather lose the requisition shuttle tokens or the shuttle Reward Multipliers which I basically never use. But it's the crew that sways my decision to buy Premium.

ISM is basically useless to me unless there is a reasonable way to earn Quantum and the credit requirement is reduced to a reasonable amount (I'm thinking 1 million for a legendary would be reasonable to me). Otherwise it's basically a once a month treat and I already have about 6 months of possible retrievals lined up. Having said that, I think I'd prefer ISM to requisition shuttle tokens or the shuttle Reward Multipliers.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started leaving crew partially equipped in order to get useful drops. I was getting about 2/3 loot boxes giving something useful. So the boxes were good to have. On the other hand, this means that there is no reason to buy the campaign early. (Previously, buying the campaign at the end risked getting multiple 5* items for one specific crew who will never use all the items.) Now there is no possibility of negatives buying the pack at the end. ISM is useful enough, I suppose, but constellations are needed, too.