Home Ready Room

Datacore update : the Updatening

D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
edited February 2021 in Ready Room
It's been a few months since the last update ! so..

First we want to welcome INEFFYBLE, USS JOHN JAY, AND FLASH to the DataCore team
They're responsible for many of the changes and additions you'll see below.

Since our transition to the community build and rehosting we've seen a five fold increase in traffic, up to 27,000 unique visitors a month, in addition to the new features.

Finance:
Due to the phenomenal community response to funding, and our move to a more cost effective hosting, we have enough to support the site and bot for some time. Thank you all for this support.
Consequently we are moving to a "Per Creation" Patreon, this means we will only take funds when we :

​1. Run out of money (unlikely in the next 18 months)
​2. See a massive increase in bandwidth or hosting costs
​3. Create a new feature which needs extra funding

Functionality:
  • Performance improvements - the site is snappier than ever before
  • Vanity URLs for DataCore profile links - use your Discord username in place of DBID
  • Better farming information from the Discord bot
  • Improved matching of crew variants
  • Better sorting and filtering when viewing your crew in player tools - now you can sort your crew by tier or level, and highlight duplicate crew
  • Extend player tools "Unneeded items" to show all schematics for max-level ships
  • New bot command to summarise portal pack offers
  • Better crew searching - use OR logic and negative matches to find the crew that matter to you
  • Crew retrieval support! - view optimised polestar combos for a specific crew, or use player tools to find out which crew you can retrieve
  • Mobile support for player tools (BETA) - added an option to upload saved player JSON to get around copy-paste issues on phones
  • Experimental fleet event leaderboard - see how fleets scored in past events
  • Daily activity to Discord bot fleet profile

Where to find us :
If you have coding experience, check out https://github.com/orgs/stt-datacore/

To Chat, Ask questions, offer ideas, You can find us on discord
​https://discord.gg/qWMGW5Qyfn

And of Course ! https://datacore.app/

Comments

• How do you post a new topic? We are looking to recruit to our fleet and I can't see how I do that.
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job. Three cheers!
  • Thanks for the great job!
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • thank you
  • @Sooz click on Fleet Central then click on new discussion
  • D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    We've released further improvements to the DataCore web app, including:

Crew Retrieval helper in player tools, incorporating several requests by community members:
    *: Better handle cases where someone tries to use the helper with an old player data file
    *: Add more filtering options for ownership - you can now filter for unowned crew only, owned crew only, and owned crew not FF only
    *: The stars shown for crew will now reflect the highest rarity version of that crew you own (if any)
    *: Filtering by collection
    *: Sorting crew by rarity in the Crew Retrieval helper will additionally sort by owned rarity

Other Improvements
    *: Improved display of constellations on crew pages
    *: Improved polestar combo information and layout on crew pages
    *: More powerful search options in the main crew list
    *: Various bug fixes

Thanks to:
    Ineffyble
    flash
    USS John Jay
    joshurtree and
    ChukwuOsiris for all their work on Datacore!
  • ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the work. I'm new to DataCore, has anyone mentioned that some items in the unneeded items list are needed? Pike's Enterprise shows up down in unneeded equipment, as has random things like Mirror Leeta's Dress, and Salia's True Form. Both of whom I have but have not leveled at all. Wouldn't that mean those items are needed, eventually?
  • Thanks for the work. I'm new to DataCore, has anyone mentioned that some items in the unneeded items list are needed? Pike's Enterprise shows up down in unneeded equipment, as has random things like Mirror Leeta's Dress, and Salia's True Form. Both of whom I have but have not leveled at all. Wouldn't that mean those items are needed, eventually?

Hey, yeah, take that section with a grain of salt for now (although the ship schematics section above should be 100% accurate).

We'll hopefully have the logic improved soon.
  • THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THESE UPDATES ....

This new crew retrieval option will help me alot in grabbing missing crew ... when the quantum finally replenishes itself i will be a very happy user of it..
  • Is some part of datacore down? Cant access info about crew and what poles to guarentee that crew
  • Loving the latest updates from this weekend!

Thank you to the whole team for their efforts
  • @D@MN is tha site down? having issues uploading crew stats
    - Import button not responsive
    - Upload button not showing file selector pop-up
    - Upload button on Mobile device not showing file selector
    - Mobile device shows the page "twice" - i.e. displays as expected and then scrolls and displaystext and input boxes again
  • D@MND@MN ✭✭✭
    @D@MN is tha site down? having issues uploading crew stats
    - Import button not responsive
    - Upload button not showing file selector pop-up
    - Upload button on Mobile device not showing file selector
    - Mobile device shows the page "twice" - i.e. displays as expected and then scrolls and displaystext and input boxes again

I know these can happen on the browser if you leave it open for a long period, but we'll look into it and let you know.
  • Crew Retrieval does not recognize the skill “Medicine”
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used the Datacore to help fill in missing passive stats and recently Boarding Damage boost percentages on the Crew and Ship Abilities spreadsheet. I've thanked the team elsewhere and also want to thank them here for making that information available. Thanks, Team Datacore!
    Farewell 🖖

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what this means.
  • JiveDutchJiveDutch ✭✭✭
    Currently any beholds with 23rd century Martok are failing (due to the art-update)
    Datacore website also displays the old artwork.
    jb60l4w9ab6k.png
    meheby9jaxc3.png

Can the images recognition be updated plz.
  • Loving the April fools joke!
  • JiveDutch wrote: »
    Currently any beholds with 23rd century Martok are failing (due to the art-update)
    Datacore website also displays the old artwork.

Can the images recognition be updated plz.

Yep, sorted.

ydp1dmgdsk1g.png
  • event crew with the "upside down" trait? :D

6aq44p7j1rw4.png

• ACEACE ✭✭✭
    Is this a good place to report that while Jett Reno's listed as Tier 1, she shows up in the Tier 2 picture group? Also, what do the tiers represent?
    Thanks
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Is this a good place to report that while Jett Reno's listed as Tier 1, she shows up in the Tier 2 picture group? Also, what do the tiers represent?
    Thanks

If not in this thread, then maybe report that in the BBoB thread itself:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/13544/the-big-book-of-behold-advice/p1

As to what the tiers represent, this is what one of the authors wrote:

What this is:
    • A completely subjective grouping that's meant to give a general sense of value only.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Please elaborate. I'm not sure what this means.

In said on Facebook that this tool https://stt.virtualist.eu/retrieve/ was "brought to us by the Datacore people". Sorry if that was not correct. If it is, when you enter all the Polestars it does not recognize "Medicine". It is as if you never entered it. It just ignores Medicine when showing you possible crew combos

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I've been using Datacore for voyage help for quite some time (awesome tool; thanks!), I've just recently discovered the item equipment tool under "Charts & Stats." I'm finding it incredibly useful for focusing my Skirmish event farming. But I was wondering if, in a future update, it might be possible to have a separate section that just shows common Galaxy event items and where my inventory stands with those? My thinking is that equiping needs are one thing but prep for Galaxy events is something else (for example, it currently says I just need one more hyperspanner to meet my equipment needs, but I know that'll get blown out of the water during the next Galaxy event). I'm thinking that putting it all in one place and visualizing it would be helpful.

Just a friendly idea; feel free to ignore. Thanks for all the hard work putting these tools together; they're all really great. :)
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Faction tab, I have been curious to know how many shuttles I would need to tank. Can you add a tab to show what map locations have been visited and which haven't?
  • Apo6kdhh85z9jv.png
    perently there has to be some kind of glitch.
    I can understand that is sayt i need another 5 super rares(That are not yet in the portal). All others are immortilized so where does the 90k honor come from in the cost to finish them? or the difference from Captain Idols legendary honor debt compared to Datacores. Its a difference of 60+ stars
  • Fantastic tool, I use it every day!

If you are taking any requests from us greedy STT addicts, I'm trying to figure out a good way to use your app to optimize the crew that I keep unfrozen for Voyages. It would be great to be able to select which skills to calculate for so I could see what the suggested list is for each pair. Taking it a leap further, if a toggle system could be used for crew similar to what is used for Polestars, it would allow for fine tuning and seeing which crew actually make a difference to keep out and useful.

Thanks for listening and for all the incredible work you've done already!
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone already noticed but the cost to calculate the honor debt is incorrect.

Rare = 500 instead of 4,5k
    SR = 4,5k instead of 18k
    Legendary = 18k instead of 50k
  • Datacore folks: thank you for what you do to help us play the game better.

Suggestion: On the player tools page, provide a refresh that allows the player to do a new pull without closing the entire web page and restarting. I often pull data, plug it into a spreadsheet, make decisions and then want to see how I've ended up. I end up having to close the page and re-open to get a new pull.