Home Ready Room

Spreadsheet for crew & ship abilities

This document was originally created by @~peregrine~ , who has graciously passed the honor of maintaining it to me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZUbbJjaIurFCzCRiU2XSIG1lG-7GLKGBsKZsiQ_0lsk/edit?usp=drivesdk

The first tab contains the ship abilities of all crew. I try to update it on Wednesdays, after the Tuesday packs and event crew for that week are announced.

The second tab contains ship stats and abilities. I try to keep these at the highest known level. It is not updated frequently, unfortunately. If you have the stats for a fully leveled ship and would like me to update the sheet, please send me a private message (PM).

There is also a tool for creating arena line-ups. This was created by ~peregrine~ and I am not sure how it works. I favor trial-and-error experimentation, and would be happy to discuss line-ups in this or any other thread. :)

I'm not as great with making filters and sorting fields work for shared spreadsheets, but there is a tab which includes my workaround. If you have a better solution and would like to teach me more about Sheets, please PM me.

Hope you find this helpful. :)
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    This document was originally created by @~peregrine~ , who has graciously passed the honor of maintaining it to me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZUbbJjaIurFCzCRiU2XSIG1lG-7GLKGBsKZsiQ_0lsk/edit?usp=drivesdk

The first tab contains the ship abilities of all crew. I try to update it on Wednesdays, after the Tuesday packs and event crew for that week are announced.

The second tab contains ship stats and abilities. I try to keep these at the highest known level. It is not updated frequently, unfortunately. If you have the stats for a fully leveled ship and would like me to update the sheet, please send me a private message (PM).

There is also a tool for creating arena line-ups. This was created by ~peregrine~ and I am not sure how it works. I favor trial-and-error experimentation, and would be happy to discuss line-ups in this or any other thread. :)

I'm not as great with making filters and sorting fields work for shared spreadsheets, but there is a tab which includes my workaround. If you have a better solution and would like to teach me more about Sheets, please PM me.

Hope you find this helpful. :)

1. You improved it.

2. For anyone who doubts that this is community, think again.

3. I want to thank @Prime Lorca [10FH] publicly for taking on this chore. And, trust me, it can get tiresome. So I salute the admiral of 10FH.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    This is a list of strong skirmish crew that I created for my fleets. They're not all my fleets, of course, but I didn't just make the list for one fleet. Anyway... Here's some of the top skirmish crew. If you're looking for a starting point for building a good skirmish team, then this can get you started. I haven't updated the list in a long while. Please let me know if anyone needst to be added.

LEGENDARY
    Killy: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Commandant (aka: RPC): 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Fury Kes: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Garth of Izar: 6s Attack Bonus + 400% instant damage
    Rura Penthe Kirk: 6s (cloak trigger) Accuracy bonus + 500% instant damage
    Polywater Yar: 2s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Locutus: 1s Attack Bonus
    Mirror Spock: 1s Accuracy bonus + passive stats
    Admiral Nechayev: 4s Attack bonus + 10k Crit Bonus
    FO Burnham: 12s Evasion + 400% instant damage
    Covert Operative Leland: 8s Attack bonus + 400% instant damage
    Sabateur Garak: 8s 400% instant damage, fits in the ENG slot
    Survivalist Kirk: 8s Accuracy bonus + 400% instant damage
    Torpedo Surgeon McCoy: 4s Accuracy bonus + 150% instant damage
    Enemy Lines Sisko: 8s Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage
    Suus Mahna Sarek: 10s Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage

SUPER RARE
    Prisoner O'Brien: 4s Attack bonus + 5k crit bonus
    Ardra: 6s Accuracy bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Undercover O'Brien: 6s Evasion bonus + 18k crit bonus
    Mirror Leeta: 4s Accuracy bonus + 1,500 crit rating
    Raffi Musiker: 8s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    S31 Georgiou: 8s Attack bonus + 200% instant damage
    Noah Hippocrates: 3s Accuracy bonus + 100% instant damage (good for auto battles)
    Duras Sisters: 12s Attack bonus
    Thot Gor: 10s Attack bonus

RARE
    Kang: Attack Bonus
    Mirror "Smiley" O'Brien Evasion, shield repair, and passive stats
    Tourist Worf: 10s (cloak trigger) Evasion bonus + 400% instant damage
    Farewell 🖖
    I just put the ship stats in my spreadsheet. Interesting facts:
    - Queen's ship is the first legendary ship to have a 4s position trigger.
    - No SR or Legendary crew with position trigger initialize before 6s.
    Farewell 🖖
    Spreadsheet up to date. My skirmish analysis is that the crew and ship are nothing special for old accounts, but newer accounts will benefit from both the new ship and crew.

Older accounts:
    Ignore the ship. You're better off using a tried and true ship like the Krayton. For bonus crew, none initialize before 8s. That move them to the passive skill tie-breaker. Nexus Kirk wins with 965 accuracy. Boreth Pike is a not-too-distant second place.

Newer accounts:
    If you struggle to complete the epic difficulty, this may be a good week to play on elite. Once you get the schematics for the new ship, it should breeze through with Boreth Pike for Attack bonus and maybe EV Suit Spock if you need his accuracy. The U.S.S. T'Kumbra is equipped with crit rating and crit bonus, both at 6s. If you have Ardra and/or Undercover O'Brien, they will fit nicely with the crit meta. Otherwise, just try to see what other crit crew or instant damage you can throw in there.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Well done, this is interesting. Good work. B)
    Admiral 8Q wrote: »
    Well done, this is interesting. Good work. B)

Happy to help. I'll try to provide a similar assessment before skirmishes.

If you recently started an alt, this is a great skirmish. If you can get the ship and the new Pike, you'll be able to crush the elite difficulty. That'll set you up for future success. My alt had similar luck when Grebnedlog came out with a 4* ship - La Siranna, I think.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Second your comment; 'crush elite' ... my alt can; SO not touching Epic ... crash and burn half-way through cycle 1, no maxed 5* ships
    Analysis for skirmish event: Sha Ka Ree

Crew:

Sybok is my choice for deeper rosters. He initializes at 6s and can sit in a DIP, SCI, or MED seat and those are usually toward the right. His shield repair means you'll probably never need hull repair. His passive accuracy is a little above average too.

For newer rosters, it depends on your needs. Sybok is a solid choice with 6s activation and shield repair. Zarabeth is ok with her 6s evasion, but EV Spock is probably the best choice if you don't have Sybok. His accuracy boost may be useful at the 8s mark.

Ships:

If you have a level 7+ 5* ship, then you may be able to beat the epic difficulty. Talk with your fleet about crew selection if you have difficulty.

The Enterprise A is kind of week, so I don't recommend chasing schematics. It boosts attack speed at 6s and reduces cooldown at 10s. The cooldown reduction comes too late to be useful, imo.

The D'deridex Warbird is one of the top three 4* ships, so that's definitely an option for elite difficulty, if you have the ship.

The U.S.S. T'Kumbra should get you through elite just fine if you managed to pick it up two weeks ago. The crit bonus / crit rating meta should work just as well as last skirmish if you have that type of crew.
    Farewell 🖖
    Spreadsheet is updated for the skirmish. There were some noteworthy additions. I think the rockstar this week is Maquis Takeover Paris. Maybe a slower burn will be Warship Voyager. The Warship has some potential that won't be realized until it becomes more widely used, if ever.

Deeper rosters:
    Maquis Takeover Paris and Maquis Takeover Seska will be the crew to use this week. They both feature 350% damage at 10 seconds with a Position trigger. Paris wins the tiebreaker of passive abilities by a small margin. Neither will help much on deeper rosters with that Position trigger. It's just a matter of whether you want accuracy or attack bonus in case the battle goes to 8s or 10s. And don't even think of using Lorca, unless you're a fan like me and you just want him there for looks. His 13s boarding damage and paltry passive abilities will not win the battle, sadly.

Newer players:
    For newer rosters, if you have the Borg Sphere or recently acquired La Sirena for those elite level battles, then Maquis Takeover Paris will knock it out of the park for you. You can also use the USS Defiant for its Position trigger.

Captains Division of Arena:
    After this week, Maquis Paris is likely to be on every Borg Sphere bridge in Captains Division of the arena. His damage is just too good with that position trigger. He's pretty much the new must-have for the Captains Division.

Ships to use this week:
    As far as ships go, use your tried and true favorite. If you're new and working on elite, then La Sirena and Borg Sphere will get you through. If you have 5* options, then the Krayton, Valdore, Borg Cube, Discovery, etc. will work like they do in every previous skirmish.

Warship Voyager future potential:
    The new Warship Voyager has some arena potential. I don't think it will be a good skirmish ship, but 4s hull damage reduction of 35% may help it survive Krayton volleys when the Warship eventually gets maxed out. And the Boarding damage at 6s may help it win a battle or two, if it survives. DON'T go buying schematics for this reason though. It's all just possibility and conjecture at this point. But if you're the biggest Warship Voyager fan in the world and feel like you must buy these schematics, then let me know how it goes. It looks like a fun ship. I'll be patient and wait for it, though.
    Farewell 🖖
    @starfox , might I trouble you to post the stats here for Warship Voyager? The screen from the arena ship selection has all the stats I need in one tidy place, if you wouldn't mind posting that one.
    Farewell 🖖
    I have decided to change the voyage stats to base stats. When crew are sorted in the ship menus, it is done by the base stats. There was also a change to data from Paladin's spreadsheet to @[10F] Captain Idol 's backend data spreadsheet. Hopefully I have everything sorted correctly. If you see errors (especially the wrong skills), please let me know.

This week, Courier Burnham is the golden girl for the skirmish phase. I will be putting her in the far right seat, though. Her evasion help at 6s is best if it doesn't get in the way of better crew triggering sooner.

Reinforcements Stamets, Booker and Grudge, and Linus all trigger later than 8s, so the matches should be over before they trigger. If it's not, then you may want Booker and Grudge to hold the seat with 400% damage at 14s as an insurance policy to ensure the battle ends.

As far as ships, use whatever you normally use. The Orion ship isn't particularly strong. Its quickest ability triggers at 8s and it's just shield repair. The Krayton, Valdore, or Discovery will probably serve you better.
    Farewell 🖖
    After falling behind due to a recent move to a new house, the spreadsheet is up to date. All crew and the ship for the upcoming skirmish are added.

Caldos IV Crusher will be my choice for the event crew. Her accuracy at 6s will be the most useful of the bunch. Lothario Q will be the next best for those who do not get Crusher. His accuracy kicks in at 8s. Kim and Rand both have evasion at 8s. They won't be terribly useful, I'm afraid.

The U.S.S. Prometheus is a promising ship. It features that 2s cooldown reduction at 4s that makes the Krayton so good, along with a Position trigger at 6s which will actually activate right after the 4s cooldown reduction. The Prometheus also has a 350% damage ability at 8s (which will actually trigger at 6s). That's a little too late for most arena battles, but works as a nice insurance policy during a skirmish, especially since it fires after Killy's attack bonus is applied, unlike the Krayton. As usual, I don't think this ship will break the arena, so I do not advocate buying schematics unless you are a real U.S.S. Prometheus enthusiast and have the dilithium to burn. I look forward to these schematics becoming more widely available, though I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    Farewell 🖖
    Spreadsheet is mostly up to date. Please post here or tag me in a relevant thread if you are able to help me fill in the missing passive ability scores.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited February 2021
    Spreadsheet is mostly up to date. Please post here or tag me in a relevant thread if you are able to help me fill in the missing passive ability scores.

I used to get on the STT Discord and beg for screenshots of those, LOL. I also relied heavily on the STT Wiki to fill in the blanks sometimes.

It’s too bad that the new CR ship ability tab cuts off the passives, for no apparent reason.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

I used to get on the STT Discord and beg for screenshots of those, LOL. I also relied heavily on the STT Wiki to fill in the blanks sometimes.

It’s too bad that the new CR ship ability tab cuts off the passives, for no apparent reason.

I've seen the passive abilities on at least one crew. I won't be bothered if they don't go back and add them, but it sure would be nice to see them on future crew.
    Farewell 🖖
    I made a new tab for crew that are missing passive stats. I'll get Worf soon, but if anyone wants to help with any other, I would certainly appreciate it. I also made a couple other tabs. Hopefully they're useful.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited March 2021

I've seen the passive abilities on at least one crew. I won't be bothered if they don't go back and add them, but it sure would be nice to see them on future crew.

Per some nice people on the STT Discord server, I found this one for the new tab:

igvl9gy1lrw0.jpeg

I also learned that DataCore has the passive stats for future crew that you are looking for, e.g.:

https://datacore.app/crew/spock_reunion_crew/

https://datacore.app/crew/scott_mirror_crew/
    🖖
    edited March 2021
    I made a new tab for crew that are missing passive stats. I'll get Worf soon, but if anyone wants to help with any other, I would certainly appreciate it. I also made a couple other tabs. Hopefully they're useful.

The new tabs are very useful, indeed. Could you also make one for the Boarding trigger, to go along with Cloak & Position? Boarding would be applicable for the ISS Enterprise in the coming bloodbath, er, skirmish event. Thanks!
    Thank you, @~peregrine~ . I found what I needed. And thank you to all the Datacore folks.
    Farewell 🖖

The new tabs are very useful, indeed. Could you also make one for the Boarding trigger, to go along with Cloak & Position? Boarding would be applicable for the ISS Enterprise in the coming bloodbath, er, skirmish event. Thanks!

I thought about it, then said to myself, "Who uses that?! I'll do it if anyone asks." Welp, I'll do it after this event, sometime before the skirmish. :)
    Farewell 🖖
    New crew, Platonian Chekov, added. Placeholder added for fusion Kirk. Tab added for Boarding Damage ships and crew. Event crew for skirmish highlighted in yellow.

New 4* ship also added, but skills for battle stations are unknown. It looks fun. It may be a contender in Captain's division, but it may need a lot of hull and shields and/or manual operation if the evasion penalty on the Boarding ability leaves it too vulnerable.
    Farewell 🖖
    New crew, Platonian Chekov, added. Placeholder added for fusion Kirk. Tab added for Boarding Damage ships and crew. Event crew for skirmish highlighted in yellow.

New 4* ship also added, but skills for battle stations are unknown. It looks fun. It may be a contender in Captain's division, but it may need a lot of hull and shields and/or manual operation if the evasion penalty on the Boarding ability leaves it too vulnerable.

Thank you. 🖖
    Thanks to the Datacore folks, I was able to add info to the Crew and Ship Abilities spreadsheet. I didn't realize that the amount of boosted Boarding Damage was a known (and so widely varying) percentage.

It adds a potential value for Orion Vina when Warship Voyager becomes more widely available. She provides the highest amount of bonus Boarding Damage (50%) at the earliest time (4s) and with the Boarding trigger, she won't activate until the ship's boarding damage ability at 6s. Warship Voyager has been reported to withstand a Krayton/Killy barrage, so the Voyager/Vina setup may become viable in the future.
    Farewell 🖖
    Thanks to the Datacore folks, I was able to add info to the Crew and Ship Abilities spreadsheet. I didn't realize that the amount of boosted Boarding Damage was a known (and so widely varying) percentage.

It adds a potential value for Orion Vina when Warship Voyager becomes more widely available. She provides the highest amount of bonus Boarding Damage (50%) at the earliest time (4s) and with the Boarding trigger, she won't activate until the ship's boarding damage ability at 6s. Warship Voyager has been reported to withstand a Krayton/Killy barrage, so the Voyager/Vina setup may become viable in the future.

My question to the devs is this: Why can’t we see those Boarding Damage percentages in the game? This is Orion Vina’s card:

vk7580kxxrp1.jpeg
    I know that @-ing them supposedly doesn’t get their attention, but maybe @WRG Ben will see this one and respond. 🤞
    Spreadsheet is updated for the skirmish.

Ship
    The Excelsior
    I don't see anything special here. There's a position trigger at 6s, but the NX-01 has position at 3s. There's a shield disruptor at 8s, but I can't remember the last time I saw a 5* ship battle go that long.

I recommend using a tried and true ship that you've used before.

Crew
    I think new and old rosters will like Barry Waddle this week. For newer rosters, you'll get a bump to accuracy and crit rating at 10s. For older rosters, Barry won't get in the way of your normal skirmish team. A case could be made for Trill Burnham, who can add some evasion at 5s. Evasion could save you a repair here and there, but it's usually more beneficial to add crew who can boost your damage output.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited April 2021
    snip
    There is also a tool for creating arena line-ups. This was created by ~peregrine~ and I am not sure how it works.
    snip
    What I envisioned for that tab was something that, in hindsight, might better suited to a database than a spreadsheet. This was my thinking, FWIW:

1. Player chooses venue (Arena or Skirmish)
    2. Player chooses method (fast attack, defensive mode, other?)
    3. Tool analyzes crew & ship rosters
    4. Tool presents best combination

As this requires user input, I was unsure how to convert the spreadsheet data to be interactive without using filters/formulas. Then again, all of the individualized data for each player is in their .json file, so maybe the nice folks at DataCore could help us out again, with some ideas for retooling that tab. Any ideas, @D@MN , @Ineffyble , et al.?

Thank you again for keeping this going, @Prime Lorca [10FH] . It still helps me.
    ~peregrine~
    The spreadsheet is up to date for the skirmish next week.

Crew may be good for newer players. Antedian Assassin (AA) can be useful to captains flying a Bounty in the skirmish. If you cloak at 6s, then you can trigger Antedian Assassin at 8s and come out guns a-blazin'. The likes of Ba'ku Worf and Captain Kurn would be good sitting to the right of AA in such a line-up.

For seasoned players and new players who don't cloak, your choices are Xindi-Aquatic Councilor (XAC) for accuracy at 8s or Xindi 'Prisoner' Archer (XPA) for accuracy and attack speed at 10s. If you have a choice, then you probably also have a good skirmish team and XAC makes sense. If you only have XPA, then that's who you're going to use. And if you're still building your Captain Division arena team, then Archer's Attack Speed might be a good addition until someone better comes along.

The Xindi-Aquatic Cruiser might be interesting. It all hinges on hull and shields. It has a Shield Disruptor at 4s. If you can level it up to the point that it can withstand some punishment, then you might be able to get some 6s hammers (like Killy and Garth of Izar) to blow up enemy ships in the skirmish. As seasoned players know, it is a very expensive proposition to level up a new ship. If you're new and you're considering this, talk to your fleet or message me before actually trying it. You don't want to buy one piece of the puzzle without having the crew you need to make this work.

The Xindi-Aquatic Cruiser might also shake up the Arena one day, but again, it depends on whether or not the hull and shields can take some punishment. And it also depends on it beating the odds and becoming widely available someday. Anyway... Maybe after the Shield Disruptor, you could fire Torpedo McCoy and three T'Mir's all at 4s and beat a Krayton. Or maybe Torpedo McCoy, T'Mir, Laborer Spock (or Minuet or The Clown) for Shield Repair, then maybe you can survive to 6s and fire Killy.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited May 2021
    The spreadsheet is up to date for the skirmish next week.
    *snip*.
    And it also depends on it beating the odds and becoming widely available someday.
    *snip*
    Please listen to us. Update the ship tables everywhere.

EDIT: Please show a crew’s passive ship abilities on their card everywhere, regardless of status. Make it easier, not harder, to see if a crew with this & that fits that ship or this.
    edited June 2021
    “ - Showing more details about the passive ship ability of each crew: this is something that would require consulting with our engineering and user interface departments, we’ll make a note of it.”

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18271/players-choice-month-and-timelines-talks

At least they responded, but …
    <heavy sigh>
    I finally got the sheet back up to date. Changes at work have been prohibitive to me maintaining the resource. I'll be looking for someone to take over. If anyone is interested, please post here or message me.

I'll be looking for someone who has played for a while (probably at least 6 months), knows a bit about spreadsheets, and can reliably update the sheet every week or two. I can teach a bit about spreadsheets. I just need someone who at least knows how to put numbers in cells. I can teach the rest, if needed. :)
    Farewell 🖖