Home Ready Room

Best Battle Stations Combo for Jem’Hadar Fighter?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
I just finished getting my Jem’Hadar Fighter up to Level 7, and further to the conversation in this thread, I would like to explore whether I can effectively use it in the Commander Division of the Arena. My goal would be to be able to win (at least) close to 50% of battles versus Kang/Bird of Prey opponents. I am looking to the community to advise regarding what would be the best 2 crew to use in the Jem’Hadar Fighter’s Battle Stations.

Related to this, I have a few specific questions regarding the Boarding status this ship can deploy:

- If for example I was to have Commander Kruge in one the Battle Stations slots, how significant is his Boarding Damage bonus ability in a ship battle? That is, does it make a meaningful difference, or is this bonus relatively minor?

- When I would be defending against someone who chose me as their opponent for an Arena battle, the ship’s “Execute Boarding Plan” ability has a 6s Initialize timer, which coincides with the Initialize timer for Commander Kruge (i.e., also 6s). Does anyone know whether when the automatic deployment of these two abilities would occur by the game for my defense at the same time after 6 seconds, if Commander Kruge’s Boarding Damage bonus ability would activate?

Thank you to all for your feedback/help!

Comments

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experiments with the Jem'Hadar fighter:

The Kruge attack bonus was too low to deal significant damange compared to a K'vort w/Kang, even with the bonus to boarding damange. The bonus from Rescuer Tucker likewise wasn't enough. While the boarding is capabile of damaging while the K'vort is cloaked, it's too slow to be a the primary source of damage and you need to punch through the shields anyway. Only Kang and Investigator Odo were able to do it from the ones I tried, and Kang is still outgunned by Kang w/cloaking. Mirror Smiley gave me the best chance of surviving a Kang onsalught. Odo/O'Brien in Jem'Hadar was able to beat Odo/O'Brien in K'vort about 60% of the time and Kang/O'Brien about 25% of the time. Even with O'brien, it's just a matter of luck to avoid the Kang burst long enough to get your own damage in.
  • I have kept my Jem'Hadar Fighter in the top 1% for the past year and can get it to #1 with the daily tickets if need be. Recently dropped out to get some dogfights with ValJeans, which is more fun. This is an attack fighter, so needs to be manoeuvrable and to do damage - perfect for going against a hit and run ship made of paper, except you start with lower base stats.
    The ship needs the slots filled with characters that have high passive bonuses - a few of the boarding ones and the highest evade characters are quite high.
    Best against Kang: Money+Mora (8dmg,5acc,11ev/3,6,4)
    You can mash this combo and regen hull when needed, or use boarding after money has finished. Due to the 2000 bonus with accuracy, you generally win most fights. I have never lost to odo/smiley with this - use mora when odo starts and use money when smiley is done.
    Other fun combos:
    Third Ramata Klan+D.Troi/Keevan (not as effective now with Kang. Troi better).
    TRK+Dathon - die too quickly now against Kang
    Hugh+Smiley - dogfight with Val Jeans
    Money+Smiley - again, always win against odo/smiley but not enough evasion for Kang
    Idrin is a better Kruge, Culluh needs more accuracy or something, same with Dathon, Tucker doesn't evade anything, but all are pretty useless except TRK.

The ship doesn't seem to defend well (maybe everyone just wants to fight something that isn't a BoP), but the new Spock may help a bit with that because his damage is less likely to be cloaked and he will get the accuracy bonus after Mora.

Hope this helps.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still the only standard ship I haven't maxed. :'(
  • Cpt Chaos, I built most of mine from replaying ep4, mission6: He means well. There's a space battle that drops them, but that one above seemed to be the most reliable. Faction centres only gave 5 schematics per purchase back then, so it is doable to farm.
  • Me too Vorta, that mission is very reliable
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see a fellow Vorta in here. I love the Jham'Hadar bugship, I use it for normal flying around. :) For Arena though, I have to admit, I switched to the Kang-Smiley cumbo on the K'Vort(a). :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Would Ensign Pazlar be viable? She's got +attack from charge phase and +attack from boarding. Unclear if they stack or what.
  • I have tried every combo I could think of and nothing is viable. Maybe in very low ranks but definitely not top 50 percent. Maybe it's just me but I feel like the ship is extremely underpowered. I have gotten first place with the bird of prey the Borg ship and chakotays ship, but running to a brick wall with that. Maybe just bad luck
  • edited December 2017
    43ml4c3nk9a1.png
    04enc9qb1l3i.png
    no50o3wnkohq.png
    8bg0xo2q0i0l.png
    vpdoc0m9qold.png

Some proof too, if it worked.

Palzar takes too long to be useful from my trials.

You can win with as much ease in the JH Fighter as you can with the BoP, just differently, which is why you can.

For the person that commented above, the top 50 does require luck vs the RNG in any ship... no more or less than in this ship and it can be taken to #1 with the free daily tickets no problem as shown.

• Until DB allow for attack and defence replays, we can never give advice about what really works. Because everybody uses the same ship and combo in commander division, it is relatively easy to work out a counter to that - best to do it with something they don’t plan for