Home Strange New Worlds

New Star Trek: Legends game

~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2021 in Strange New Worlds
... was announced today by Tilting Point in the following press release:

https://www.startrek.com/news/enter-the-nexus-with-star-trek-legends

EDIT: tapping the link at the end of the press release open the Apple Arcade in the App Store, where Tilting Point LLC is listed as the developer.
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I gotta say, this is not good for the future of this game . . . and the fact they are playing dumb and lying is also very disturbing. They want to make a game where all the characters from Trek are all brought together in one believable setting? What the hell is this game? Hello?

Quote from their press release:
    "But how do you gather all these individuals from different timelines, quadrants and even worlds into one setting?"

Are you kidding us Tilting Point, are you kidding?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021
    I gotta say, this is not good for the future of this game . . . and the fact they are playing dumb and lying is also very disturbing. They want to make a game where all the characters from Trek are all brought together in one believable setting? What the hell is this game? Hello?

Quote from their press release:
    "But how do you gather all these individuals from different timelines, quadrants and even worlds into one setting?"

Are you kidding us Tilting Point, are you kidding?

It could be from a different game studio, i.e. not Wicked Realm Games, that is owned by the same (holding) company, Tilting Point LLC. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is currently only available on Apple and free for the first month with 5 dollars each month after. Not exactly the same.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Tilting Point is simply making the most out of their license rights.

Apple Arcade is a very peculiar beast, for those not familiar with it. You pay $4.99 per month and get access to the entire library of games it has ( a little over 100 of them currently) and there are no ads.

My guess would be they figured they could make a little extra scratch on the side without too much effort.

Also, looks to be a very different sort of game than our beloved Timelines.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly dislike the comic artwork style of the crew, so i won t even try the new game.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I downloaded it, and got bored with it in about 5 minutes. Overly simplistic, and they copied a bunch of gameplay stuff from Timelines. Seems like the whole point of the game is beaming around and shooting other beings. Sounds great for our Timelines outdated Gauntlet, but absolutely nothing else appealing.

And yes the comic book art is probably supposed to represent a "Lower Decks" feel, but doesn't even do that justice.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple only. Just bought a new unlocked Droid, so it's not even an option for me. Besides... I'll take Q over the Nexus every time. Especially when I know JDL has worked with the WRG writer and voiced our intro. I don't think there's anything to worry about here.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Will try it if it comes out on android, but man it would take a LOT to drag me away from Timelines, so much that even if I did play something else I wouldn't stop playing Timelines anyway.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    edited June 2021
    A good article here with screenshots of gameplay

https://blog.trekcore.com/2021/04/new-star-trek-legends-game-debuts-on-apple-arcade/

It would be awesome if our gauntlet were redesigned to look like their phaser fights.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's great that they got so many original cast back to voice their characters.

I'm not generally a fan of this sort of combat, but I don't have any Apple devices so I can't try it myself.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • I think it's great that they got so many original cast back to voice their characters.

I'm not generally a fan of this sort of combat, but I don't have any Apple devices so I can't try it myself.

Same from my side I don't have any apple device so I also can't try it myself.