Home Strange New Worlds

Star Trek Prodigy *may contain spoilers*

What does everyone think of it? I liked it. But i swear if it didn't say "Star Trek" in the beginning or have Janeway in it I would think I was watching a Star Wars animated series. The main antagonist is eerily similar to General Grievous.
Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!

Comments

• I haven't seen it yet but I'm really looking forward to it, my little one already loves Janeway (whether that's organic or forced, who's to say...)
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved it, really really loved it.
    I would not judge too quickly as whether it has enough Star Trek vibe or not, especially with the situation of the characters as they were introduced.

Murf, squeee
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    What does everyone think of it? I liked it. But i swear if it didn't say "Star Trek" in the beginning or have Janeway in it I would think I was watching a Star Wars animated series. The main antagonist is eerily similar to General Grievous.

It was pretty good but Holy Star Wars Theme Music There Batman.

Having Darth Diviner, his apprentice Darth Progeny and, yes, General Effin' Grievous isn't helping dispel any Star Wars connections.

PS WRG is rilly lagging behind on adding modern Trek animation to the game.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Well, the 2nd episode was certainly more Trekkie and much less Star Wars-y. And even as a hologram Janeway still enjoys her coffee.

On a different note, I read an article stating Robert Beltran will be reprising his role soon as Chakotay.
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprises B & C, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I've enjoyed it. Wasn't sure with it being a Nick series but they surprised me.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    It was pretty good but Holy Star Wars Theme Music There Batman.

For info, the theme music is by Michael Giacchino who did the Rogue One Star Wars movie. He also did all the Abrams Star Trek movies as well… and the upcoming Batman movie! Pretty high caliber for a Nickelodeon show.
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    r1k3crerzrr8.jpg

Now without Nickelodeon's involvement, maybe we will soon see the inclusion of Prodigy into Timelines?
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the fact it's a show specifically aimed at kids, with a cast of kids, makes this unlikely.

But, I'm happy to be proven wrong.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport