Home Past Anomalies

Locked out of HUD on Kindle 8

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in Past Anomalies
I've been splitting tasks between my old unreliable 7 with its fully functional game and the 8 that doesn't crash, but refuses to do a long list of things.
It did this after the OE started yesterday and hasn't changed back even after being reinstalled.
khvt7ap49sj1.jpg
It must be connected to my account correctly. I changed my avatar and it changed accordingly. My chroniton bar and supply kit counter work, but the others don't. The ISM hasn't worked the entire time I've had the 8. I bought the 8 specifically for STT and don't have much of anything installed on it besides FB Messenger, Color Note (which doesn't work correctly either), and Merge Magic.
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry you are experiencing this.
    It looks like something is preventing a good connection to the game, and preventing some elements to appear properly.

I've reached out to our partners who handle this specific version of the game, I hope they might have some insights into this situation.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what could be wrong with the 8. It takes forever for the game to load normally, but, when it does, what works works fantastic. No crashes.
    There is a whole list of things that work fine on my beleaguered 7 that weren't working at all on my 8 before this though. Vault (see "Should Have Been a Cowboy"), Retrieval (completely- ISM even shows as 0), Arena, and Skirmishes being the big four. The space battles play perfectly and then freeze at the end when Hailing Starfleet and I have to close and reopen the game. Waiting an hour plus gets me nothing. I left it sit while I did farm chores and it shut off the screen after a half hour of non-activity.
    I will totally work with them to fix this. Mom is getting tired of listening to me scream and curse at it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    @Shan The 8 is letting me back in. I have the same limitations as before, but I can do what I did before.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan The 8 is letting me back in. I have the same limitations as before, but I can do what I did before.

Our partners have not been able to reproduce the issue on their end, so they would like to work with you on this.

You can contact them directly via : cs@flexionmobile.com
    I can do that. I'll take what I can get.
    edited November 2021
    @Shan I just got my reply from them. This is outrageous. It was absolutely useless. It didn't mention anything about the entire reason I sent the email.
    If whoever replied to my email is a good example of their workforce over there, you need to find someone else to deal with the Kindle end. They were literally too incompetent to read an email.
    I spent half a day writing and editing an email detailing the issues with my Fire 8. I mentioned, several time, that I was resorting to using my unreliable, but mostly working Fire 7 to get what I needed to do done as best I could, when then the 8 would not work. I got a response telling me I needed a device with 2GB+ of RAM and, then, given detailed, step instructions on how to link my game to an online account so I can migrate it.
    A) I have it installed on FIVE different devices. I know how to link it between devices. The simple fact I said I was playing it on two different devices should be a clue that I know how to do that.
    B) I told them I bought a new Fire 8 (with its 2 GB of RAM), because I knew the 7 was underpowered, but had to use the 7, because the 8 doesn't work right!
    They didn't address a SINGLE ISSUE with the 8 and told only things I already know about the 7, I'm TRYING to replace. Comment moderated ~Shan I was really, really looking forward to some insight into this issue, but got this instead.
    This is the email I sent with the title "Star Trek: Timelines of the Kindle Fire 8":

I was given this address by Shan over at ST:T and told to contact you regarding a series of persistent errors when playing on my 8. I'll start at the beginning and hope I get them all.

*It takes an insane amount of time to load. From launch to dashboard, it took twelve minutes this last time. It sits at the splash most of that time with the loading bar not yet visible.

*Once the game is up, none of the cash offers show a price and are unpurchasible. Any cash purchase, I have to do from my Kindle 7. This started working after the Wal-Mart session.

*My ISM counter shows 0 at all times. The Kindle 7 displays it correctly at about 200k.

*I get no option to watch an ad for a free spin, double loot, warp a level, extra chronitons, et c. It just never appears.
    Update- The ad button sometimes appears, but they don't load correctly.

*If I scan on the 8, the counter correctly increases by 2% when I don't get a constellation. If I do get a constellation, it freezes and I have to restart.

*On my 8, I have no Polestars or Constellations in my inventory. All found Constellations must be opened on the 7. They don't appear on the 8 and I have no ISM there anyway.

*The Celestial Market freezes at "Hailing Starfleet..." and has to be restarted.

*Crew Retrieval usually does the same as the Celestial Market. A few times, after a very long wait (half hour?), it will appear with about fifteen random crew to Retrieve from and no Polestars to do it with.

*When I play Arena, the battle plays fine and, then, freezes at "Hailing Starfleet..." and has to be restarted.

*When I attempt to run Skirmish on the 8, it freezes like when playing Arena on the first battle. Skirmish must be done on my underpowered and crash laden 7, as does Arena.

*Stasis Vault sometimes will open after a very long time. It then appears as a single, empty collection called "I Should've Been a Cowboy". It can't be closed and must be restarted.
    Update- When the odd collection appears, the others appear under it, empty, but with the correct number immortal. It still crashes.

*It completely froze during the Objective Event. It would load. I would close the next event splash. The screen then appeared as open space with none of the side or bottom notices and the menu option missing from the top. None of those things visible worked. I couldn't buy dilithium or open my Captain Menu.

Bottom line, I don't think it is connecting to the server correctly. My poor old 7, that just doesn't have the power, has full access, it just crashes often, so it can't be my account or internet connection. It could be a setting problem on the 8. It's pretty well factory. I bought it just to play Timelines, irony of ironies. I installed Merge Magic, Color Note (which won't sync to the cloud for some reason either), and FB Messenger. There is plenty of free space and RAM on it.

Awaiting ideas,
    CD Wells
    Player Name: W.W. Carlisle

This is their response:

Good Morning / Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry!

A common reason for frequent crashes in the game is the low amount of memory (RAM) available.
    2GB+ RAM suggested.

Apart from crashes, it can also cause the game to run and load slower.

Our suggestion is to stop any processes running in the background while playing the game.

If you have access to a different, more powerful Android device you can migrate your profile and try to pass the parts where your game is usually crashing.

- To do this you need to link your game first on your Amazon device to Facebook.

- Download and install the Amazon Appstore on the other device and login to you Amazon account.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/amazonapp

- Download the game from the Amazon Appstore.

- After starting the game you probably need to pass through the tutorial part first to access the Options menu.

- When you have access to the Options you'll be able to connect your game to your Facebook profile. Then the game will offer to load your previous progress.

Unfortunately this doesn't necessarily means that the issue will not surface on the Amazon device later.

Re-install the game again from the store.
    But only if your progress tied to any social media account.

Please let us know if you have further questions.
    Thank you!

Kind Regards,
    Flexion Customer Care Team

Now, I'm understandably going to wait until morning when I am calmer to reply to their email, but I felt like you should be kept in the loop and I have no option to DM for some reason. I'm honestly at a loss on how to reply this email. Did they not actually read the first one? I can't even understand this reply.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry this was your experience, I will let them know - please reply to the email as well.
    As for sending me a PM you just need to click on my name and in my profile, on the right, you will see a message link that will open the PM window.

o6f1w4x67dl7.png
    I haven't been this shocked with poor service since I had a package that repeatedly showed as out for delivery and never showed. I called the seller, who called the delivery service. The next day the guy calls while trying to deliver. He says he's on my street, but doesn't see the number. I go out to see if I can see him. I hear major traffic and a couple other odd sounds. I ask him to read the whole address. He froze at the end. They were trying to deliver it in Cincinnati, Ohio. I live an hour away in Indiana. Needless to say, they expedited it to Indiana and I had it the next day. It took them three days to realize it was wrong state and I had to prod them into it.
    I define my email as being about the 8, constantly refer to various issues with the 8- while stating the 7 works fine except for the crashes for lack of power, and they try to fix the problem with the 7, by basically telling me to get an 8 and, then, walking me through something I do far too often- install or reinstall STT.
    People wonder why I'm basically a hermit.
    Thanks for the tip on the PM. I tried to go through the Inbox in my profile, but your name didn't come up as an option.
    I replied to their email. I will PM you a copy of my reply in a minute to keep you in the loop. You deserve to know what's going on. You've tried your best to help me.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you :)
    Well, I've had an interesting development. I took the 8 with me to my sister's Wednesday, since we were doing early Thanksgiving and I wanted to be ready if I got an email inquiring about settings or something. The battery on the 7 was low when I needed to grab chronitons waiting for Mom in Wal-Mart and the 8 worked completely. It worked exactly like it should. I wanted to weep. Now, I'm home and it's back to the way it was before... almost.
    *I can buy things now! I bought Van Gogh at WM yesterday to see if that worked too. I bought my campaign on the 8 this morning! All deals are showing prices.
    *The Vault does comes up with the odd "I Should Have Been A Cowboy" at the top, but the rest of the collections do show. They have nothing in them, but they show with correct number immortal and ZERO owned (lol). It sticks and I have to restart the game, if I open one.
    *The ad buttons do sometimes appear on certain things, but they don't load.
    I consider it progress, however it came. I will send them an email with all this momentarily.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Clearly suggests, that it is an connection(atur home) issue,
    since the device is working at ur sisters home(internet).
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is different between your network and your sister's?
    I have no idea what the difference is, but I'm due to switch providers this week. Cross your fingers for a change!
    After a day of fighting the painted! coaxial jack and customer service, my new WiFi is up and everything is working perfectly, so far. No idea why the old one didn't work, but it's been discontinued by the provider, so everyone else is safe.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a day of fighting the painted! coaxial jack and customer service, my new WiFi is up and everything is working perfectly, so far. No idea why the old one didn't work, but it's been discontinued by the provider, so everyone else is safe.

Woohoo, excellent news :)