Home Strange New Worlds

Star Trek Discovery Season 4 - The Season I will not see

HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2021 in Strange New Worlds
The fourth season of Star Trek: Discovery debuts on Thursday in the USA and Canada. But unlike the previous seasons, it will not also be launching on Netflix outside North America.

So for all of us outside of US we will not be able to watch it. I am not going to pay yet another streaming service for just one show.

https://trekmovie.com/2021/11/16/star-trek-discovery-leaving-netflix-for-paramount-internationally-season-4-to-launch-globally-in-2022/
PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
  • Amanda Rogers - got her
  • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
  • Agmar - not in the game yet
  • M'yra - not in the game yet

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I missed Season 2. CBS has nothing else I want and it is not on Netflix. I saw season 1 and 2 by doing free promotions, but that gets tiresome. If it were on Netflix or Amazon I would watch it.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    Season 1-3 has also immediately been removed from Netflix. Expect all other star trek to follow.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I really hate this. I see a lot of star trek on Netflix.
  • edited November 2021
    Paramount plus is not available in my country, the UK. They've removed it from Netflix and are not giving me the choice to watch on another streaming service?

They don't want anyone out of the States to have the choice to watch legally?

Bizarre.
  • DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    Disney+ did something similar with The Mandalorian. Shortly after it topped the ranks for illegal downloads. Not condoning anything, but it is hard to see how that makes business sense.
  • This is why I missed Season 2. CBS has nothing else I want and it is not on Netflix. I saw season 1 and 2 by doing free promotions, but that gets tiresome. If it were on Netflix or Amazon I would watch it.

Yeah, there's just not much on CBS/Paramount I'm interested in.

While I don't normally like to binge TV, I'd probably just subscribe for one month after each season ends to run through it. However, I enjoy the "water cooler" discussion at work, and that's worth a few month's subscription for me. (Although now I need to binge Lower Decks S2.)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

That still does not help us fans in my country. Paramount+ and Pluto is not even available here and they are not planning to be.

That is bad decision because when Netflix became available, many many people took it because of Star Trek. And now there is no Star Trek there....
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »

That still does not help us fans in my country. Paramount+ and Pluto is not even available here and they are not planning to be.

That is bad decision because when Netflix became available, many many people took it because of Star Trek. And now there is no Star Trek there....

What country are you in?
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    4o6xyh2r7ic4.png
    It’s possible that you can purchase the episodes in your country on Friday. It’s worth a shot, if you’re so inclined.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    4o6xyh2r7ic4.png
    It’s possible that you can purchase the episodes in your country on Friday. It’s worth a shot, if you’re so inclined.

I am in Croatia

"We’re sorry, but Pluto TV is currently unavailable in your location. We’re working hard to bring Pluto TV to this area, so stay tuned to find out when."
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    HaBlack wrote: »
    4o6xyh2r7ic4.png

I am in Croatia

"We’re sorry, but Pluto TV is currently unavailable in your location. We’re working hard to bring Pluto TV to this area, so stay tuned to find out when."

Maybe it is on itunes? Yeah, it‘s not free, but better than nothing.
    I paid 20€ for Season4 on itunes and find it’s a reasonable price.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•