Home Ready Room

Am I allowed to post this?

Someone in UC (I won't say who) was talking about knife crime in the UK. They are badly misinformed, so i was going to post a properly sourced, polite reply. However after including links to official UK government sources, quotes, and comments the reply is very long and almost impossible to post in UC. I was thinking of posting my reply in the Holodeck forum instead.

I've read the Community Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service and this seems to be allowed.

Am I allowed to post my reply or have i missed something?

Many thanks

Comments

• UC can tend to get quite vile - don't get drawn in....just ignore and override
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    UC is an unmoderated wasteland, it needs to be maintained or shut down. There is a ton of racial, derogatory and other such bad behavoir on there.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Zork wrote: »
    Someone in UC (I won't say who) was talking about knife crime in the UK. They are badly misinformed, so i was going to post a properly sourced, polite reply. However after including links to official UK government sources, quotes, and comments the reply is very long and almost impossible to post in UC. I was thinking of posting my reply in the Holodeck forum instead.

I've read the Community Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service and this seems to be allowed.

Am I allowed to post my reply or have i missed something?

Many thanks

This is the kind of question you can ask me, via PM :)
    As a general rule please keep your conversations in game and on these forums as neutral as possible and mostly game or Star Trek related.

What you are proposing to post in Holodeck does not really have its place on our forums.

Regarding UC everyone can take part in making it a better place, by not engaging trolls, redirecting the discussions when possible, or simply bringing bad behaviors to our attention by submitting a ticket with screenshots.
  • Shan, Another game I play added chat including UC, they set some players who were helping to run their Discord as moderators to deal with what is going on in the UC here. If there are some players TP trust to make those decisions, maybe set it up that they can moderate, warn and even delete posts.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Shan, Another game I play added chat including UC, they set some players who were helping to run their Discord as moderators to deal with what is going on in the UC here. If there are some players TP trust to make those decisions, maybe set it up that they can moderate, warn and even delete posts.

That is unfortunately not possible with our set up.

I cannot stress enough what a positive difference each player can make in UC.
    But oftentimes when we do get reports we sadly notice that the person reporting was just as bad as the person they reported.

But genuine reports, with some supporting screenshots, do make a difference and allow us to take action/tweak our moderation tools.
  • ZorkZork ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    What you are proposing to post in Holodeck does not really have its place on our forums.

Ok. I'll find somewhere else on the interwebs to post it. There's probably space to squeeze it in somewhere. :)

Just so i know in the future, what stuff are you allowed / not allowed to post in Holodeck?

Thanks!
  • Hello, I have a question about posting comments and questions. How do I create a new topic or new post?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, I have a question about posting comments and questions. How do I create a new topic or new post?
    I think you need to have a certain number of "awesomes" to your posts, and/or change your username from "guest_146833642290176" to something else, but I am not sure about either of those.

You could also ask Shan to enable it for you. I think there's a thread in the Engineering Room where she often addresses this issue. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust