Home The Bridge

2022 Timelines Resolutions

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in The Bridge
I can post again and it's January, so here we go again. I think I benefited from having things where I could see them and, by trying to succeed in meeting them, I helped myself in other ways. I cleared spots in my quarters. I could see where my roster was weakest and could focus on certain areas. It seemed like it was a good idea, so I'm doing it again.

Two-thirds of the crew immortal.
I'm sitting at 668/1158 at this very minute. I have 1 already done this month and having been gaining about one percent a month. My pace slowed as I am running out of purples. Anything lower is done. I did manage to immortalize a pretty good number during the last Skirmish and hope to do the same on the next one. I have 4 FF 4* and several FF golds I could make a dent in then.
January- 5* x8 & 4* x11 for 651/1147 (56.76%)
February- 5* x7 & 4* x9 for 667/1158 (57.6%)

Ten crew for each skill over 1400 base.
Dip and Com are already 1500+ here. The rest are my projects and I will get there.

Have an immortal gold of each series regular.
I got my mains, now I want to round out the main cast. In some cases it's a short list, like Reed for Enterprise. For Picard and Disco, it would be easier to list who I have done. I'm down to just a FF Georgiou that I could finish. Campaign crew, Megas, good luck in packs, and strategic Retrieval are my best bets
January- Added a Reno and a Pulaski (Plus variants of Spock, Saru, Uhura, Picard, Archer, and Burnham)
February- I finished a Dahj, Paris, and Owo, plus another Archer and Seven.
March- Captain Killy gives me a Tilly.

Get another crew from Gauntlet.
I seem to have one a year drop, so I'm due again. I've really been working on my proficiencies, so maybe I'll even get two this year.

January 14, 2022- LOL! I said I was due. Look what dropped from my reward boxes when it ended. I wonder if I'll get lucky again this year.
su4sz0vxui18.png

Regularly place in the Top 1500 and get my Top 250 achievement.
Crosses fingers and grind away.
January- Top 1500 in 3/5 events (Best: 311 Right on Q 2)
February- 2/4 events and a 260th finish for Chaos and Confusion

Get all the Voyage combos over ten hours.
I think 22 of the thirty have made it, so if I can just get lucky with the holdouts...
Up to 25/30 on March 1. 10 months to get those last five.
May 3, 2022- I was worried the entire time this one was out. I had doubts it would make it to eight hours, but it bettered its previous by 45 minutes!!!
q4y4soxiq2dw.jpg

Okay, who's in this year?
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a resolution partway through last year of not purchasing the campaign premium track until and unless I hit tier 100, and I'm continuing that practice. Otherwise, the only thing I actively want to do this year is complete the three DS9-specific collections ("Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang", "Our Man Bashir", and "Play Ball!"). I presently have everyone (save Scapegoat O'Brien) in those collections and just need to finish fusing them.

There are plenty remaining crew to add to those collections, though, so I don't trust that any of them are static. There are still six Niners yet to be added, after all (Bashir; Jake; Kas; Leeta; O'Brien; and Quark). Plus guest characters like Caprice and Mona Luvsitt (OMB), and Mr. Zeemo and Frankie Eyes (BB,BB), additional variants of existing crew (Vic in his bathrobe, the crew hanging out in Vic's hotel room; the Niners in their practice unis). There are also possibilities for some Timelines Originals in each that could be neat. Jake wasn't in "Badda-Bing" or "Our Man Bashir". "Our Man" predated Ezri so she could get a suitable new persona to fit into that holoprogram. Likewise, I wouldn't say no to Niners Jadzia or a "Badda-Bing" Jadzia.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    500 Crew immortal (I'm at 312)
    11 hour voyage (best is 10:38)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Travis S McClain
    I always finish the Campaign. (OCD can be useful when harnessed.), but I've been holding off on the buy until I can get a few copies together to use for the MOEs (Mini Objective Events).

They are SEVEN missing Niners. You forgot Nog. His battle skill would totally be Accuracy boost with an Evasion penalty. "What do I do?"

Oohh...I like the idea of the TOs for Dax. Since Jadzia was the scientist and Kira the femme fatale, maybe Ezri as the secretary in the vein of Miss Moneypenny.

Worf isn't in BB,BB either. Him and Jadzia as a couple (dual crew or an eventual fusion) acting as lookouts or a second diversion would work. (I can see Worf threatening a guy for looking at his wife.) Jake could be a courier and trigger commotion in the doorway.

@Peets That immortal total goes faster than you think. I finished ~293 last year alone, if I did the math right.
    I'm just ahead of you for Voyages. My best is 10:48 Eng/Com.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • I managed to finish last years resolution of completing the Bride of Chaotica collection.

This year I have two lofty goals. Hit a 12 hour voyage naturally and manage to get top 15 of an event.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I only have a few goals left. Some I will never do (too time consuming or too expensive or both):

Win an event - too time consuming and too expensive.

First to FF a card - too expensive.

Get the Caretaker - Technically achievable but why it hasn't %#$^& happened yet is beyond me. I just assume the game has been coded to deny me this.

12hr voyage without a refuel - Achievable! Any day now...
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • I can think of only 4 goals I want to accomplish this year:

1 – complete 1,000 immortals (currently at 886)
    2 – get a First To Max
    3 – 12 hour Voyage (current best 11:38)
    4 – Win a Faction Event
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    @Peets That immortal total goes faster than you think. I finished ~293 last year alone, if I did the math right.
    I'm just ahead of you for Voyages. My best is 10:48 Eng/Com.

I hope so. In 66 weeks I managed 312 which includes all rare - uncommon and common.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short list for me.

1) Get Balok.
    ehnlb54z1i34.png
    That really bugs me more than it should.

1a) Get whatever gauntlet crew that invariably releases later this year when i *still* don't have Balok.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Short list for me.

1) Get Balok.
    ehnlb54z1i34.png
    That really bugs me more than it should.

1a) Get whatever gauntlet crew that invariably releases later this year when i *still* don't have Balok.

Play Gauntlet religiously (if you aren't already) and Balok is bound to fall. I have the same missing characters except I have Balok who I got 2 or 3 times.
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Last year I splurged on a few packs, so I had at one point about 60 FF'ed purples, which I have worked down to about 20. My goal is to immortalize and freeze the rest of those purples for this year, then I can work on my legendaries. I have not retrieved any crew in order to save credits to replicate items for these purples, but once they're done, I'll retrieve more often.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
    @Travis S McClain
    I always finish the Campaign. (OCD can be useful when harnessed.), but I've been holding off on the buy until I can get a few copies together to use for the MOEs (Mini Objective Events).

I didn't finish the one with Doctor Chaotica because I lost too much interest in the game to bother playing much that month. I've completed all the subsequent ones, but there were a couple where I cut it close enough I stopped taking for granted upfront that I'll continue caring enough about the game altogether to reach tier 100.
    They are SEVEN missing Niners. You forgot Nog. His battle skill would totally be Accuracy boost with an Evasion penalty. "What do I do?"

Oohh...I like the idea of the TOs for Dax. Since Jadzia was the scientist and Kira the femme fatale, maybe Ezri as the secretary in the vein of Miss Moneypenny.

Worf isn't in BB,BB either. Him and Jadzia as a couple (dual crew or an eventual fusion) acting as lookouts or a second diversion would work. (I can see Worf threatening a guy for looking at his wife.) Jake could be a courier and trigger commotion in the doorway.

Good catches! I wouldn't characterize Honey Bare as a femme fatale; that was more Anastasia Komananov (I still can't believe they slipped that name through). I can dig Ezri as Not-Moneypenny. I was thinking more along the lines of a countess, but I'd be content with just about anything so long as it was respectful of Ezri and in the right Bond vain.

Speaking of Worf, we also still don't have his "Far Beyond the Stars" alter ego, along with several others. Because, y'know, three incomplete DS9-specific collections aren't enough for me apparently.
    I was only worried about the Campaign when I had WiFi trouble. I finished it a couple days early. Normally, I finish it the weekend before.

I'll admit I have a soft spot for "OMB". It was the first DS9 episode I got to see. It just wasn't on any of the channels we could easily pick up. Fox19 out of Indy was the only one that showed it...at 11:30pm on Saturday. I just happened to get it to pick up one night and that was what they were showing. I only got to see a handful of DS9 eps first run, as opposed to Voyager where I saw all of them on TV.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finish more collections and get 12 hr voyages regularly.
    Let’s fly!
    If you are roster building and Voyage chasing, collections are the way to go and I welcome every new one. The last copy of Returning Saru will immortalized mine, which nets me the next Exobiology milestone and a Med buff. Since Med is the weak spot for me at the moment, it's very fortuitous.
    I'm also on the cusp of immortalizing Dr. Pulaski. I pulled her last star Saturday and just need to build her tricorder. After that, I'm going hard on Pollard, building and Retrieving.
    2022 is my year of strategic Retrievals. Pulaski, 4 Pollards, and, then, I reevaluate. Maybe an EMA in there, depending on where Pollard's at stat wise.

I'm also chasing the Goat. He's the last citation only crew I don't have. The next Campaign will finish my Odo and I can pull the last couple stars on Yates.

I have NINE SRs in the Portal to finish. Three need stars: Martinez and Laneth each need one and BG Robinson needs two. She did need three, but I hit one from "Blood Red Tide" on my Voyage yesterday. I'm holding it to fuse until the MOE. Her, Pulaski, and an Earhart are in holding until then.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    2022 Timelines Resolutions

1 - Get Balok
    2 - Have a 12-Hour Voyage
    3 - Top 500 in an Event
    4 - Get Steeler Nation Fleet Starbase to Level 100 (active donors welcome!)
    5 - Finish Greens and Blues on Nightmare Alt
    6 - Balance game screen time with physical activity.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Have 12 hour voyage in at least 5 skill combos
    2. Get Red Angel and any other gauntlet creww that will be added during 2022
    3. Concentrate on improving MED/SCI voyage characters - somehow those are my weakest voyages, barely 11h
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
    I don't think I had a MED/Sci voyage at all last year. I don't have a time recorded for one and the reverse is over ten hrs. It must be back luck for me.
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Ours is at that level, but now that you mention it, I would like to get us back up to 50 players. We've been down to around 30 for nearly two years now.
    6 - Balance game screen time with physical activity.

Excellent! The game is a small part of my screen time, but I really ought to make more of a point of this overall. Maybe I'll get back to taking walks around the neighborhood. I mean, not, like, right now; it's so cold as to constitute rudeness at the moment. But later, during that brief period when it's warm but not so hot that it hurts to breathe outside.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies to those of you that recently read this in the 2021 thread. No goal changes, just re-posting for easier future review. (minor progress updates at end)

2022 Goals
    1. Hit 11hr voyages with all 30 skill combos. Have already done 17 combos (wow!) but undoubtedly ENG/MED will prove difficult again.

2. Hit a 12hr voyage with each primary skill. Sounds ambitious at first, but considering the rate at which I'm collecting 11hr voyages now, this seems achievable. My current longest voyage is 11hrs 33min.

3. FF all TOS main cast 5* cards. This is more aspirational than achievable - I currently need 53 stars to complete all the existing cards - but it gives me something to focus on.
    Kirk - 50 stars, need 4
    Spock - 70 stars, need 9 (sorry, avatar-of-Ishmael)
    McCoy - 25 stars, need 5
    Scotty - 20 stars, need 4 (all for Captain Scott)
    Uhura - 30 stars, need 7
    Sulu - 20 stars, need 9
    Chekov - 20 stars, need 15 (sorry, Pavel!)

Updates since prior posting:
    19 combos have reached 11hrs (+2 combos!).
    Longest voyage now 11hrs 35min (+2 min!).
    McCoy - need 4 stars (-1 star!).
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

Ours is at that level, but now that you mention it, I would like to get us back up to 50 players. We've been down to around 30 for nearly two years now.
    I feel that pain. We JUST got our fleet back up to level 50, thanks to a number of kind folks who parked their alts with us. It's been much easier to slowly fill up with more active captains, as I believe 49/50 fleets seem more attractive to newly eligible captains - the system may even present those fleets first in the sort order, I'm not sure.

Problem started years ago when I took over as Admiral; an overzealous lieutenant dismissed a bunch of inactive captains all at once and left us at a massive 20/50 or so deficit that made it extremely difficult to recruit. No matter how many fleet memes I created...!

TL/DR fleet tip: Only dismiss inactive captains ONE AT A TIME!

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
    I have a 180 day with no contact policy for dismissal. If you are away six months and none of us know why, I'm dismissing. If I ask "has anyone heard from x" and someone says "they said" y- accident, illness, injury, I will let it slide. We're 38/50. It isn't like they are clogging slots.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    My resolutions for 2021 were obtaining Arachnia and sending out a 10-hour all-Janeway voyage. I was able to do both things (the second one happened today).

So my resolutions for 2022 are:

- Reach lv 99
    - Get at least one voyage to 12 hours
    - Send out a 10-hour voyage with all of Voyager's main characters (and no one else)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I had to search for the 'What is on your STT Bucket List?' thread to find my 2021 and outstanding pre-2021 resolutions...

#1) Finish top-5 in an event --> I won an event last July, which achieved that goal & cleared my list of in-game achievements

#2 & #3) Immortalize all 4* crew available in the portal & complete all collections --> with all the new crew and collections being added (or expanded upon) regularly, I doubt these goals will ever be (or stay) achieved

#4) Finish building all ships --> per above, I feel this one will also always be a moving target

BONUS --> I unexpectedly got my first First-to-Max last year, after a new crew member appeared on my Dabo wheel

---

2022 Resolutions:
    - achieve a 12-hour voyage
    - retire?
    That's exactly what this is here for. We make are goals clear for ourselves and get encouragement and, occasionally, advice on achieving them.
    I'm a three year player and I'm just starting to make more 10 hrs than not, so you are doing great there.
    I topped 650 unique this weekend. Tarah, I think. We average about ten new crew a month, so aim for more than that immortalized monthly and you can only gain. I finished 19 in January- 8 5* and 11 4*.
    Who are your hold outs among the 'Cadets', as the 1-3* crew are sometimes collectively called? Some of those are tricky for lower rarity crew. You need a lot of faction items on a couple of them. Two have to be bought with honor and two are citation only.
    Good luck!
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I’m determined to get the Mobile Doctor so that I can create Cheesecake Seven.

Four crew retrieval pulls, two Virtuoso Doctors, one Doctor Van Gogh and one Crell Moset. It might take all year, but I’ll get there eventually…
  • Citation Priority

For each of the 15 skill pairs, I want four FF legendaries with some variety in tertiary skills. I've achieved this for 4 pairings, and I think I can manage another 4 this year!

ENG/SEC Full Suite

Five more citations, and I'll have a FF Legendary for every ENG/SEC/X and SEC/ENG/X trio.

I'd love to accomplish the same for MED/SCI this year, but there is no SCI/MED/SEC legendary. Maybe next year!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • That's exactly what this is here for. We make are goals clear for ourselves and get encouragement and, occasionally, advice on achieving them.
    I'm a three year player and I'm just starting to make more 10 hrs than not, so you are doing great there.
    I topped 650 unique this weekend. Tarah, I think. We average about ten new crew a month, so aim for more than that immortalized monthly and you can only gain. I finished 19 in January- 8 5* and 11 4*.
    Who are your hold outs among the 'Cadets', as the 1-3* crew are sometimes collectively called? Some of those are tricky for lower rarity crew. You need a lot of faction items on a couple of them. Two have to be bought with honor and two are citation only.
    Good luck!

How lucky can you be, during my last voyage suddenly my last 1* fell into my lap.
    2* i still need boomer mayweather and ensign sato. Also need the EMH MK1, but i can get him through the honor hall.

The hard part for now is, to get the crew i need, but also in having enough crew slots te keep them (210 i have right now), so i can work on them :smiley:
    Im full now with 5 and 4 star characters with only 1 or 2 stars full. So i need to find a way there to balance some things out. or there has to be a crew slot sale anytime soon, that wll give me some space again :smiley: