Home Ready Room

The Big Book of Behold Advice v2.0

Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in Ready Room
The Big Book of Behold Advice v2.0

Video breakdown here

The Big Book 2.0 has only been made possible due to the awesome work of @NoNameNamer . BB2 is bigger and bookier thanks to his efforts. Huge thank you to him and to all the friends who have helped out along the way.

Please note that this is not a finished product. There will be adjustments to the existing systems and grades and we have many more ideas and features yet to implement such as cadets, behold comparisons, tier presets, event helper, and more.

You can reach us with questions, comments, and suggestions in the Big Book channel of the Timelines Talks Discord Server. You'll find bot support there for new crew, updates to The Book, and a friendly community of Timelines players. Thanks to everyone who's reached out in the past with kind words. ❤

Comments

• Wow. This is seriously awesome.
    First look at it and I just know I'll use this all the time.
    Guys, this is absolutely huge! You should have called it Biggest Book of Behold Advice, my only complaint ;) !
  • I am absolutely thrilled. Thank you very much, just awesome B)
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    This is fantastic! Great work everyone <3
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    The gauntlet info is great!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    nrpn2dwg2ule.png

Honestly this is my favourite part, custom tiering o:)
  • nrpn2dwg2ule.png

Honestly this is my favourite part, custom tiering o:)

It’s becoming my fav part too.

Awesome work guys! Huge contribution to the community
  • Gandozer {SoS}Gandozer {SoS} ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I love what you have done here, it’s brilliant, but do you have a way to compare 3 crew like on the old big book where you can enter 3 crew that you have on a behold to compare them side to side?
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love what you have done here, it’s brilliant, but do you have a way to compare 3 crew like on the old big book where you can enter 3 crew that you have on a behold to compare them side to side?
    Please note that this is not a finished product. There will be adjustments to the existing systems and grades and we have many more ideas and features yet to implement such as cadets, behold comparisons
    Various updates and bugfixes in week 1 (while Namer was ranking top ten in the event :D )

- Skill search change: cmd|dip|sec is now equivalent to searching cmd dip sec, i.e. a skill set/triplet
    - Voyage data on crew pages now contains additional links to search queries that filter on that particular skill set or skill order, and voyage trait where applicable.
    - The voyage trait link now also filters on skill set
    - Fixed Janeway variants getting credit for the entire Survivalist mega when only Determined Janeway had a bonus
    - Fixed gauntlet evaluation for 1-skill crew (Scott, Tribble, Bones and Chapel)
    - Fixed display issue in Safari on Mac (awaiting verification)

Changes to captain rankings:
    - Added additional brackets to facilitate differentiation and better marry current reward structure with past ones
    - Added per year rankings in addition to the all-time ranking
    - The all-time and current year rankings are the only ones that show rank changes based on last event results

You can follow updates in real-time in the Big Book channel over on the Timelines Talks Discord server linked in the OP.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious if this fantastic new resource is intended to replace the other fantastic resource, Datacore, or if you're all working in conjunction rather than in competition.
    I'm curious if this fantastic new resource is intended to replace the other fantastic resource, Datacore, or if you're all working in conjunction rather than in competition.

We're not affiliated with DataCore, but they do borrow some of our work such as tier, crew note, event count, etc. I'd say we have a friendly relationship with their admins and we both want to provide useful resources for the players.
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Because new crew will be introduced monthly part of the ultimate campaign track, "campaign" is now a search keyword in the BB.
    unknown.png

For regular BB updates, tier changelogs, stat changes, event leaderboard updates, help with BB's powerful search capabilities or for any question you might have, please join us on Discord.
    edited March 2022
    Change to captain rankings:
    Account event history merging is now allowed for abandoned and rerolled accounts but not alts played simultaneously. Automatic checks are in place to ensure there is no event history overlap between the merged accounts, both in the past and going forward. Account merge requests can be made on Discord.

This means that if you have ever stopped playing an account that ranked in top 100 at any point in time and you have moved on to a brand-new account, we can merge the two account's event histories to better reflect your event ranking performance. There is currently no limit to how many accounts can be merged this way. Alt accounts, by definition, are played at the same time with a main account and thus cannot be merged out of fairness to others.

You can make account merge requests on Discord.
    Note that if a supposedly abandoned account starts ranking in top 100 again, the system will automatically undo the merge as the account is effectively considered an alt.
    edited March 2022
    • Crew that are not in the portal are now called out on their respective pages as "Not in the Portal" immediately after their intro date.
    • portal is now a search keyword. As with any keyword, it can be negated.
    • A new page called Search help is linked from the site's footer section which contains search tips and lists of search keywords.

unknown.png

unknown.png
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Never mind; wrong thread.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to see the history of a specific crew? There are projections for the future, but are there historic records to show how much someone has fallen? Even old Big Book write-ups on how a crew was viewed at different points in time?

While I'm here, the forum link at the bottom of the BigBook website still points to the old forums.
    I have the historic data, yes. I’ll look into surfacing some of it on the site, at least the intro vrank.

And thanks for the link pointer.
  • BanjoBanjo
    edited June 2022
    Very useful
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    Thank you. That was a request I was really hoping would be fulfilled!
  • I understand cycle, but what is uptime measuring?
  • (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand cycle, but what is uptime measuring?

Percent of the cycle time that the ability is active. Probably not as important a measure for Instant Damage/Repair abilities, but very useful to know for stat boosts.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
    Collection update:

- New hybrid collections were overrated. These are stat boosting collections with the last milestones not rewarding any buff (Wunderkind, Animated and A New Challenger Approaches) or the first milestone not rewarding a stat boost (Wunderkind). These were treated as full stat boosting collections with a buff rewarded at every milestone. Additionally, Wunderkind is also the first collection to reward two separate buffs per milestone (i.e. 2 core buffs - a min&max prof buff being defined as 1 buff) which is added value. Further shenanigans such as new expansions adding stat boosting milestones on top of these hybrid collections, or new milestones rewarding just a min prof buff without max and vice-versa, needed to be considered. The new BB update provides a solution to all of these issues. Consequently, the Wunderkind and Animated collection values have dropped significantly in the overall ranking while A New Challenger Approaches remains the most valuable collection despite the nerf, but only just.

- Collections rewarding crew also needed attention as their value was mostly dictated by a baseline value for this type of collections and a difficulty modifier. The Pet People collection was significantly overrated on account of it being one of the most difficult collections to complete (needing all the crew in a very large pool). To better quantify the value of this type of collections, BB now additionally looks at the number of cards rewarded in relation to the total number of necessary milestones, and at the actual card quality given by its tier number. This does introduce an interesting feedback loop (tier depends on collection rating which depends on tier). The consequence is that when one of these collection reward cards has its tier changed, that is only reflected in the collection value with the subsequent BB update (there are typicaly 2-3 updates a week) but it will not happen often and the impact on collection ratings will be less significant than the introduction of almost any new card.

Holodeck Enthusiasts rewards 5 copies of Lucille Davenport, Tier 8, milestones needed: 12, pool: 14 (#3 by difficulty)
    Badda-Bing rewards 1 copy of Scapegoat O'Brien, Tier 2, milestones needed: 8, pool: 8 (#2 by difficulty)
    Pet People rewards 1 copy of Data and Spot, Tier 5, milestones needed: 17, pool: 17 (#1 by diffculty)
    From a 5* card perspective, BB now values Badda-Bing > Holodeck > Pet People.
    From a 4* card perspective, Holodeck > Badda-Bing > Pet People (only 1 gold immortal needed to get the first copy of Davenport).

Note that wherever collections are listed on bigbook.app, they are always listed the most valuable to the least valuable. The same goes for the list of potential collections.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand cycle, but what is uptime measuring?

Not much what's Uptime with you....

...sorry
  • Shouldn't Kirk outrank Sisko, or am I missing something? 🤔

qoig7krhuu2j.png