Home The Bridge

Shan's informal brainstorming/teasing corner

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
Trying something new ^^

I am lucky to work closely with our writer, we bounce ideas of each other on a regular basis.
And I thought I could include you in this to some degree :)

Disclaimer: unless specifically stated everything would informal and not guaranteed to happen.

Would some of you be interested in taking part in what are sometimes mad ramblings? :D

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    gladly
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the offer to include players in brainstorming, whether or not anything comes of it. I'd be willing to take part and/or see some of my peers take part. Some of us have good ideas, and some of us have ideas!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well sign me up! I think we all know that anything in production can change, that's fine by us! Love to have the engagement!
  • Yes please!

giphy.gif
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to these mad ramblings etc. :) .
    For an Archer Mega I would think the wish would be for Archer to be the recurrent crew?
    But looking at the versions we already have, and the limited variations in clothing during the series, what version of him could we do that would fit/be interesting to you?

I think players like to see main cast crew as the recurring legendary, yes. I can speak for myself when I say that. They get more long term use as future event crew.

Since Archer is well-known as the first captain of the first ever Enterprise, a good recurring bonus trait could be Explorer, or Pilot (I realize this would be a repeat trait but we have had other repeat traits before).

Variants we could use could include:
    • "Carpenter Street" Archer when he and T'Pol travelled back to modern-day Detroit
    • Loque'eque Archer (another Primal crew!)
    • Another Test Pilot Archer (in the same EV Suit that A.G. Robinson is in)
    • Water Polo Archer (Archer in casual dress in his quarters)
    • Akaali Archer (from ENT: "Civilization")
    • Klingon Hybrid Archer (when he was injected with the Klingon Augment virus)
    • Mirror Archer (in Terran Empire Starfleet Uniform as opposed to the Prime Universe Command Wrap uniform) - we have two Mirror Mayweather, why not two Mirror Archer?
    • Rura Penthe Archer
    And speaking of recurrent mega-event crew, what makes them meaningful to you in general, outside of stats that is (yes, traits also, I know!).

Speaking for myself, fantastic art, ideally from a memorable episode or scene. They should have appropriate traits (yes) and ideally somewhat of an uncommon skill set. Something that gives them staying power. Maybe gauntlet use, arena/ship ability, something like that.
    What other characters would you like to see as recurrent crew, and why?

I would love to see Admiral Vance from Discovery, perhaps another variant of Nhan (also Discovery).

I'll come up with more, surely.
    edited February 2022
    =j= Cold wrote: »
    One choice that comes to mind could be to couple the Klingon trait with Klingon Archer from the episode “Divergence” as the recurring.’

Seems we were thinking along the same lines!

• Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    =j= Cold wrote: »
    One choice that comes to mind could be to couple the Klingon trait with Klingon Archer from the episode “Divergence” as the recurring.

That would allow for ENT Klingons like Duras, Prosecutor Orak, Klaang, etc. to be event cards.

And sure throw in a Klingon collection expansion! 😃

Qapla’

Oh yeh this sounds awesome, and ENT Klingon special!

• Seems we were thinking along the same lines!

Great minds!
  • Shan wrote: »

I second Jenos on having Vance as a recurring in a mega. That character is too good for a regular event!

Some other worthy ideas could be:
    - Prophet Sisko (“What we leave behind”)
    - Lt. Picard (“Tapestry)
    - Thomas Riker (“Defiant”)
    - Badmiral Pressman (“The Pegasus”)

• Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Okay, my first instinct was something from “A Night In Sickbay” simply because I have never ever gotten tears in my eyes while watching that episode, at all.
    I swear.

But then I thought about it and realized that it has been totally covered, along with most variants of Captain Archer one could think of.

So how about…
    “Ambassador Pointy Ears” Jonathan?

lixtsgsnxpne.jpeg

hdjdlzell7fu.jpeg
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    This is more of an STT Original idea, but what about a Water Polo Archer in a sports/athlete themed Mega? Like a grand tourney of the Galaxy that Q puts everyone through. The Archer card would be an original idea, as we never saw him in the show, just saw him say it was his favorite sport. I could see the faction event as the Dominion vs the Hirogen vs the Ferengi/Kazons (ie: all the extreme fighter species go at it...though I'm sure the Klingons would want a piece of that action).

A bunch of us kicked around some ideas for sports themed crew a year or so ago; many are original ideas too but it could work. Some other, non-original crew that might work: orbital skydiver Torres, arena fighter Owosekun (most recent DISCO episode; no spoilers), bat'leth champion Worf, and equestrian Picard. There are also all those Niners baseball characters left to make. I'm sure there are more low-hanging fruit ideas that I'm not thinking of. Would be a good excuse to create an athlete collection too.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    And speaking of recurrent mega-event crew, what makes them meaningful to you in general, outside of stats that is (yes, traits also, I know!).

In game usefulness. Not just absolute stats, but the combinations. To quote Mickey Mouse, "I have com/dip/sec crew coming out of my ear holes."

If we get a com/sec/sci crew on mega, then the next mega it should be eng/med/dip, then after sci/med/com.

You suggest an Archer, so command and engineering, with a third stat.

Use in ship battles would be good, a huge crit, as a 5* replacement for Ardra.

Also equally important, memorable characters and scenes in Star Trek.

We had a thread about this a while back.

One suggestion was an Odo, where he joins the great link at the end of DS9. I do think Odo needs some in game love.

Spocks, there are two specific ones I would like.

Torpedo Surgeon Spock, Eng/Sec/Med, with either a 400% damage bonus, or the huge crit above.

Dying Spock from TWoK, Eng/Sec/Dip, hull repair.
    This is one of the most iconic scenes from the films, and we could do with Kirk as well.
    Perhaps Give the Kirk away in an Objective event running concurrently, with a trait that makes him bonus crew.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/248930#Comment_248930
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    I'm partial to an Archer-Xindi mega, so we get more use out of the Xindi/Delphic Expanse crew, as well as the limited Xindi ships. Maybe a chance to expand on the Xindi ship types, too. In which case I'd vote for Imprinted Archer as the recurring award.

Not to shoot down your idea in its entirety, but they won’t be using an existing (and very old and anemic) crew as the recurring legendary.

I like the idea of a mega themed around the Delphic Expanse though.
  • AviTrek wrote: »
    What about straight up Captain Archer? We don't have a vanilla Archer in his uniform. In terms of moments, how about the end of Broken Bow when Archer tells the crew they're ready and are continuing on their mission. Ok terms of mega theme, it could be Explorer and have other explorer crew.

Seconded!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • I rather enjoyed the whole temporal cold war arc of ENT and one variant that has not been mentioned here (though I think it might be elsewhere) is The Archer variant that Daniels brought onboard the Enterprise J at the 25th century Battle of Procyon V.
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Shan wrote: »
    Alright then :)

The current subject on our minds is: Mega-Events.
    We know you like them and often have feedback about them regarding the narrative, or choice of recurrent crew, etc

For a mega arc the inspiration/starting point is often the crew that would be recurrent, and/or a specific Star Trek moment/episode, or well, tribbles ^^

We're toying with the idea of an Archer Mega-Event, I know there is a request for it :)
    (one of our designers has requested it as well ;) )

For an Archer Mega I would think the wish would be for Archer to be the recurrent crew?
    But looking at the versions we already have, and the limited variations in clothing during the series, what version of him could we do that would fit/be interesting to you?

As a big ENT fan, I'll never turn down an Archer mega!
    To echo what others have said, I think a Explorer mega would be a lot of fun (and as since he was the first notable Starfleet Captain, as well as his longing to see the stars was a big part of his character in the early seasons of Enterprise) it could also open the door for variants of other ENT characters we haven't had yet (a proper Captain Archer variant, Tactical Officer Reed, Timelines Original Starfleet Shran etc)

In terms of general Mega-crew, what makes them meaningful often varies. Sometimes it can just be a variant of one of my favourite characters or a favourite/memorable scene or moment, and other times it can be a main cast variant which would hopefully guarantee future event use down the line.

My "Characters I'd like as recurring crew" could be anyone I would like to see in game, but some potential recurring (and related megas) could be:

- Admiral Vance (again like many have said!) could be part of an Admiral mega
    - Bryce or Nilsson from Star Trek Discovery, as part of a bridge crew mega (all the Captains have gone missing and it's the job of their crews to find them)
    - Captain Rios as part of a Rios hologram mega
    - any Jadzia Dax as part of a Trill/Dax hosts mega
    - Strange New Worlds Pike, as part of a Captain's of the Enterprise mega (or even a general Captains mega)
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Archer Mega would be a major win for me. Some that I haven't seen mentioned:

Archer from the end of the Xindi arc (running from the explosions ). (inspiring or tactician mega)
    Twilight Archer (already have T'Pol and this is one of the best episodes of the show)
    Archer with his rock climbing gear from "Home". (athlete mega)
    "Awakening" Archer (desert archer minus the jacket but with the torch... maybe with the vulcan trait as he's got Syrann/Surak in his brain at that point)
    Archer to go along with the Trip from "Desert Crossing"

Other suggestions I've seen here that I like:
    The Terran Empire uniform for Mirror Archer (for a mirror mega)
    Just a standard "Captain Archer". Maybe in the chair?
    Archer in the old school Ev suit from First Flight or the starfleet issue workout outfit from the same episode. (great for an explorer mega)
    Archer from Civilization (maybe not a great mega crew but a fun one for the future)
    Carpenter Street Archer could also be fun

Top of my head... Other characters for this MEGA from Enterprise that I would love:
    An updated Shran maybe raising the Andorian ale like in Proving Ground? (or love the idea of a timelines Original "starfleet Shran")
    Movie night Phlox? (admittedly most of the best Phloxes have been made again except maybe Phlox from Twilight)
    EV suit Reed
    Captain Tucker (also from Twilight)
    Mestral from Carbon Creek?
    T'Pol from Carpenter Street
  • Got so excited about an Archer mega I forgot to answer the "other recurrent crew" question. I prefer main cast because I love having great main cast cards on voyages. Some options:

Dress uniform Kirk (original series). Could build a mega around dress uniforms which are somewhat underrepresented in the game
    Generations Picard in the DS9-era duds
    Any Enterprise crew you guys are willing to do including the ones listed above
    Purple outfit Mirror Intendant Kira (because most of the Kiras are already made)
    Lt. Thomas Riker (either in a cleaned up uniform or after he takes off the sideburns on Ds9) could be part of an undercover operative event? or a Maquis mega?

• As far as what new versions could be made, it should definitely be an Archer based around an event in the show, like the attack on the Xindi weapon in "Zero Hour". Or it could be an original version that deals with the converging timelines (which could allow for non-canon clothing).

A Shran or Xindi recurring character could be interesting. One half of the mega-event could be revealed around gathering allies (Shran, Vulcans, early Starfleet members) and the other half could be about defeating the villains (Xindi, Borg, orion)
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Shan wrote: »

I like recurring crew who remind me of good Trek moments/episodes: Bell Riots Bashir, Q as "God," Determined Janeway, Barry Waddle.

I'm quite fond of recurring characters, especially villains: Barry again, Borg Queen, Humanoid Figure.

Some thoughts on potential recurring characters:

Romulan featuring Admiral Valdore from the Romulan Interference arc. Great villain, and it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him in Season 5. Romulans don't have a huge presence in STT, although PIC has helped a lot, and there are plenty left to add!

Cardassian Gul Dukat. Plenty of good options to choose from, although my preference would be maximum smarm from Civil Defense. It's a fun episode, and a good example of Dukat doing the mustache-twirling as an "ally."

Ferengi with Strategic Operations Officer Nog, and the rest of the Magnificent Ferengi. I so want to choose Leck here, as I think a legendary Ferengi who is a SEC beast with some MED to represent his anatomical knowledge would be great. But really, I think it has to be Nog. Plus, maybe a 2* Animated Keevan?

Investigator featuring Dr. Crusher from Suspicions, which is one of my favorite TNG episodes. The trait has fun potential for a story, and while there aren't a lot of crew with this trait, they're found in nearly every series.

Crafty featuring Andorian Mining Consortium Shran from Proving Ground. I love Shran, and this was a wonderful moment for him. Crafty may already have substantial STT representation, but it has tremendous story potential

Explorer featuring the Xindi-Primate Councilor, an adversary turned ally played by the wonderful Tucker Smallwood. I actually brainstormed this full mega last year, although it was more a thought-experiment to help me consider how megas are constructed. I think I only scratched the surface of these considerations, but I'm still happy with the effort.

Marksman featuring Major Hayes, who certainly has many supporters on this forum. Like Investigator, there aren't a ton of crew with this trait yet, but they're well spread out. Lots of fun potential for more, like Guinan, Chu'lak, and Omet'iklan (who has recurring potential himself).

Brutal featuring Captain Ransom, with Burke, Gilmore, Lessing, and the Corrupted EMH as event legendaries. Phenomenal episode, which does a great job of exploring Federation ethics. Plus, it would be a Brutal mega staring John Savage.

Villain featuring Arctus Baran, and including the few rare pirates in Star Trek, like Nausicaans, Lurin, and General Valen.

Maverick featuring Garak in Improbable Cause. Everyone loves Garak, and Garak loves everyone, it's the perfect match!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport