Home The Bridge

Midweek Event Unleashed - feedback thread

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
New in the event hub: Midweek Event Unleashed!

You might need to restart if you are not seeing it.

Provide your feedback in this thread, thank you :)

Comments

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's important to know when will it end, if the event will span 2 (most likely) or 3 days (being 2 and a half days for example)

50 wins in gauntlet is nothing to sneeze at neither
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The length will be the same, 2 days.
    From Tuesday to Thursday, daily reset 5:00 UTC.
  • Really appreciate something geared for long-time players!
    Having a 100% win rate over two days in Admiral division definitely seems the hardest of the four objectives, not sure how people will manage with that one (especially with RNG being RNG)
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is 100% spend to make it through. No way you're going to go 20/20. I can barely count the times I've gone 5/5 in Admiral short of when I've dropped out of rankings by not doing it for 2 weeks.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • If I had the opportunity to whisper sweet words of feedback into the developers' ears, it would be to let the player choose the difficulty of objective events.

Just imagine an in-game setting that determines the difficulty of any (future) objective events, or provide a pop-up with a few buttons to do the same separately for each event.

Regarding the requirements of this specific event, I don't have a problem with objectives that require experience, planning and time to complete. 50 gauntlet wins in 48 hours aren't easy - it'll definitely require setting alarms and spending merits - but it's doable as a stretch goal. That said, I feel skeptical about a 100% win record over two days in the arena. Getting to #1 in the arena is easy, but a win streak like that? I'd call it beyond challenging.

But first, lets see how this one goes.

WRG, I would love to hear some numbers after this event about how many players (% of all participants) who managed to complete the objective event at all and how many needed to spend dilithium to do so.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I really like it, rewards(especially the 4* citation) are well worth the harder objectives. Well done. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I think you would almost have to buy tickets. Even if you avoid Ardra's crazy critical, any battle can have crits and you're done in Admiral arena. The odds of that not happening in 20 tries is tiny.

So then you'd have to decide (assuming you completed the gauntlet or can/will) if 150 dil is worth a premium portal pull and a purple citation. And the answer is probably?

I kind of agree with this. Considering the Arena section contributes to unlocking both a premium pack and the cite, dropping 150 crystals for some extra tickets looks like reasonable value to me.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the plus side... it's a week that doesn't require holding off on fusing/immortalizing crew after the weekend event!

My first thought had been that "spend 400 chronitons" was a tall ask, but for a 10x portal and a 4* citation - fair enough. Then I re-read the "win" part of the arena/gauntlet tasks and realized I'd be thrilled to ever have the chance to spend 400 chrons in this event. I can "do" the 20/50 battles, but to "win" that many in 2 days seems... improbable.

Maybe the scanning loot table should start dropping the occasional arena ticket?
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Pass. I would rather sleep than have to deal with the gauntlet requirements.

20 gauntlet wins is a really easy requirement if you don t go for the big points.
    Requires maybe 2 min of total play time and 2 log ins a day(maybe some merits as well). 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks like a tricky, but I like a challenge.
    I'm not worried about shuttles. I don't tank shuttles for the MOE. It says "complete" them. I launch successive waves on Monday after the event ends. After they get back, I send out the next wave without claiming them. It ties up a lot of crew, but, at midnight, I've got 20 shuttles to claim right off.
    Gauntlet will be tough, especially if I get a weaker skill. I'll still try.
    Arena is tricky. If I play at off hours and pull some crew, I should drop a bit. Fight back up for two days. Don't press it. Schematics don't matter this month.
    I'll give it a go, but this will be rough on new players.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • [LF] flash wrote: »

WRG, I would love to hear some numbers after this event about how many players (% of all participants) who managed to complete the objective event at all and how many needed to spend dilithium to do so.

The problem with this is that players and WRG are on opposite sides of the fence here. Spending is a win for WRG and loss for the players.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Another issue with both this and previous objective events is they encourage tanking/delayed play just for the event.

I never bothered to tank shuttles, then objective events showed up and suddenly it became much easier to finish them with tanked shuttles, so I tanked a couple factions.

I always used to immortalize crew as soon as I got the last star. Now I wait to fuse, or keep crew sitting at level 99 for weeks just so I have a crew to immortalize on Tue-Wed.

The minute I saw this objective I removed all my crew and switched to a weaker ship in arena. Hopefully I drop levels so it'll be easier to win battles during the event.

The event should be encouraging me to play arena and think about crew combinations to win battles, instead I'm intentionally tanking arena and tanking shuttles so I can do better in the event.

Yes, this.

I picked up star 4 for EV Suit Chekov last week. I would normally have finished him there and then, but now he is sitting in a queue behind two 5* crew who I want to finish.

I also have at least six other merges waiting in my crew quarters, including 4 copies of 1/4 reunion raffi, 3 copies of 1/4 Ardra, and some 1/2 Tillys. It's at odds with the game whose main purpose is to collect and level cards.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to believe the "wins" aspect will be dropped based on feedback. WRG seems to be listening more to feedback the last month or so.