Home Strange New Worlds

ST:Picard S2. ***Spoilers***

I will chime in later about some of the great things about season 2 already, but the best easter egg so far was Kirk R. Thatcher, who played the "Punk Rocker" in ST:IV Voyage Home, was on ST:Picard Ep 04 - as the SAME CHARACTER!

Well done guys!

Okay - one major plot downfall. I didn't like the fact the a younger Guinan didn't recognize Picard in 2024, when she had met him in the late 1800's. She even comments that she "has been on this planet for a very long time."

I am frustrated that such a major detail was overlooked in the script writing of this episode, unless they plan to explain it later, except that it seems like Guinan's character is no longer needed for the rest of the story.
I want to become a Dilionaire...

Comments

• JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay - one major plot downfall. I didn't like the fact the a younger Guinan didn't recognize Picard in 2024, when she had met him in the late 1800's. She even comments that she "has been on this planet for a very long time."

I am frustrated that such a major detail was overlooked in the script writing of this episode.

They already gave a explanation for that:

“Guinan does not recognize Picard in 2024. Fans might be briefly confused by this because she did meet him on Earth in 1893 in ‘The Next Generation.’ The reason that she doesn’t recognize Picard is that he’s traveled from a future in which Starfleet doesn’t exist, and therefore the whole thing with Data’s head in ‘Time’s Arrow’ never happened.”

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    When dealing with "time travel" it's always best to remember it's all just....

229xv26zqoj4.jpg

:);)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Four problems with S2 Picard.
    1 - Don’t set stories in modern times. That’s just lazy.
    2 - No Q Stories. Yes, John de Lancie is a lot of fun to watch. It’s still a crutch.
    3 - No Borg stories. Yes, they’re a Bigley Enemy. Yeah, they’re overused.
    4 - No Evil Dopplegangers. Yes, it’s fun watching our favourite actors ham it up. Again it’s overused.

Despite all that it’s a pretty good season. It’s always nice to see compassion and empathy win over genocide.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mixing the Borg and Q was a mistake.

Granted, the Borg are introduced through Q (and Guinan), so there's a symmetry to this. But they're both too big to share the story like this. I actually think they managed it the first few episodes: Q was used sparingly, and "the Borg" was reduced to the individual Queen. It was also all part of one story.

But in the end . . . a muddled mess.

I think both seasons of Picard started strong, but both quickly lost focus, introduced way too many threads, and didn't know what to do with them.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport