Home Ready Room

Which Cadet Challenges after they're done?

I finished the Cadet Challenges a while back and now just warp each epic one every day without much thought. I only recently noticed that in Ex Astris (MWF), each Wednesday has a different faction-only item, so I started doing 2 of each skill level.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Do you have particular Cadet Challenges you hit every time they come around because they provide something very useful?

Comments

• By "each Wednesday" I meant the third of the 5 missions. I'm not sure why I was thinking of those in terms of days of the week. :)
  • Dangevin [CAB]Dangevin [CAB] ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I really only do Epic on MWF, the Chrons are valuable to me. Among those, I split my time between these three as I'm still leveling a ton of purples and golds that need them:
    1. Security Codes ** - You'll need these for years
    2. skip
    3. skip
    4. Covert Contacts ** - Not as highly used, but a pain esp if you keep Sec 31 shuttles tanked
    5. Encoded Communique 0 - see below

#2: I skip because the IDIC ** and Scalpel * on #2 are not as frequently used as the others. I wouldn't stockpile too many of these. If you've been doing these for a while, you can safely stop now.

#3: The Sci Exp 0 on #3 is very highly used, however I prefarm all I need from space missions each Skirmish. The Pattern Enh * that also drops here is key for Galaxy, however I already get most of what I need incidentally from other places. This mission's become irrelevant for me lately.

Note on Encoded Communique 0, this is tough for a number of reasons and it's super easy to run out and get stuck on these. Maquis faction shuttles do not drop it, only EC * and **. The only space farming location can be locked out if you didn't side with the Romulans on episode 7. The Away missions will all cost you 40 chrons per item (or worse) and many are difficult to complete for early players. The only real alternative is if you want to drop down to Elite missions MWF and farm #3 which also gives Holoprogram 0, however if you're a shuttle tanker you'll consider this extremely wasteful.

--

Edit to add: I see what you're saying now, you do 2 basic, 2 elite, and 2 epic on "Wed" #3. Sorry for misunderstanding.

What you're doing is fine for now, but please Skip the Basic. At very least, do 3/3 on Elite and Epic.

Although Identification Code * is a high-freq item, you'll never get all you need from this mission. The Medical Exp 0 is very rarely used on its own. Most commonly it's just put into Medical Lesson 0, and that's used for other things like stethoscopes for higher level Medical experiments. Anyways, the short of it is, on Thursdays run Elite #2 with all 6 tickets to get all the Medical Lessons you'll need, and you'll also get the most efficient reward of shuttle boost packs for events (10x mid-level). On the odd chance you need Med Exp 0 for something, you probably already have what you need, or you can run a few Augment shuttles.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to compete in faction events, you have to get as many 3* shuttle time reducers as you can get. That means Thursday cadet missions are key. I only do the second Elite mission, A Question of Rights. This is because I find the medical lessons to be the only Elite reward worth getting (to put it in perspective: I haven't used a medical experiment in years, which is used to build medical lessons). But if you're still leveling crew, you might have other needs. Just be sure to do the Elite missions, not the Epic.

A few more advanced tactics:

MWF, Thurs, and Sat you should be doubling every cadet mission. Chronos, shuttle booster packs, and credits are too valuable if you want to compete. Tues and Sun don't need to be doubled at all; once you play long enough, you get plenty of trainers and replicator rations from normal game play. Just look around to see if there's any gear you need in the missions.

Also, and this is particularly advanced, I buy a second set of cadet missions on Thurs. This is to load up on shuttle booster packs in order to have a supply of those so needed 3* reducers. I use the hour ad-doubler on those missions too. Thursday are a long day...

And don't forget the every-four-hour-ad cadet mission. That's four or five extra shots at stuff.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thursday always 2nd Elite for medical lessons, I'd say. MWF Elite 3rd (I believe) for holodecks and communiqués or Epic 3rd (I believe) for green security codes and basic pickle jars (sci-exp). Tuesday and Sunday I'd also go for Elites, as the 2nd (I believe) has basic pregnancy tests (med-exp).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Thursday always 2nd Elite for medical lessons, I'd say. MWF Elite 3rd (I believe) for holodecks and communiqués or Epic 3rd (I believe) for green security codes and basic pickle jars (sci-exp). Tuesday and Sunday I'd also go for Elites, as the 2nd (I believe) has basic pregnancy tests (med-exp).

You gave me a much needed chuckle with pickle jars and pregnancy tests. 😀

Come to think of it, that needs to be the title of a double album. 😝
  • Chapagne wrote: »
    I finished the Cadet Challenges a while back and now just warp each epic one every day without much thought. I only recently noticed that in Ex Astris (MWF), each Wednesday has a different faction-only item, so I started doing 2 of each skill level.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Do you have particular Cadet Challenges you hit every time they come around because they provide something very useful?

Now I play 1 of those missions all the times on Monday, then the next one on Wednesday and so on, but when I was leveling I used to only play second and third missions only because of required items on them.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Commodore Pack I'm happy you got your much needed chuckle out of my post. ^^ I used to name it like that in German all the time, so I adapted it to English eventually. They do look like pickle jars and pregnancy tests, though! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    @Commodore Pack I'm happy you got your much needed chuckle out of my post. ^^ I used to name it like that in German all the time, so I adapted it to English eventually. They do look like pickle jars and pregnancy tests, though! :)

All it needs is some ice cream! 😝