Home Past Anomalies

[Resolved] Forum log in issues

SystemSystem admin
edited May 2022 in Past Anomalies
This discussion was created from comments split from: Ads Issues/concerns? Post here!.

Comments

• SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Starting from today Mobile Site is not working when I log in using my mobile phone & my username/password to forum.

iiixbbtcqael.jpg

Desktop Site is functional
    854duggfso4h.jpg

Details: Mobile Samsung/Android 12/ Google Chrome
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created a specific thread for this but also it was in a wrong discussion.

I've reached out to the forums' support for assistance as I do not know what could be causing this.

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    q8x3qlb78z67.jpeg

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    q8x3qlb78z67.jpeg

Thank you :)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our forum provider is working on it, this is an issue with the legacy theme we are using, and we are not the only ones.

It is also a reminder for me to look into updating the forum theme :)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    An hour ago this didn't work. I couldn't even get on as a guest. Now I can get on for the first time in two days, but the look is very different. I think before it was formatted for my phone, but now it looks like the computer formatting, which doesn't work quite as well. Glad to have something, at least. Using a Samsung phone with Samsung internet browser. Tried the Google browser, but that hadn't been working, either.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the issue is the mobile site as opposed to desktop site. My phone still has issues, but if I request the desktop version on the phone it works.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It seems like the issue is the mobile site as opposed to desktop site. My phone still has issues, but if I request the desktop version on the phone it works.

It varies.
    They are still working on it.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems back to normal now. Thank you.
    Huzzah!
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    I confirm. Problem solved, back to normal.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with access on mobile is resolved, but there is a lingering issue for some trying to access the forums on a computer. Our provider is looking into it.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community is awesome. Workaround provided by a player, on one of our social pages:
    On the forum page right-click on any of the "Sign In" options above, then choose: open the page in a new tab.
    Shan wrote: »
    Our forum provider is working on it, this is an issue with the legacy theme we are using, and we are not the only ones.

While you are looking into updating the forum theme, would you also consider adding a "Dark Mode" that users could toggle on & off? Pretty please? 🌓
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

While you are looking into updating the forum theme, would you also consider adding a "Dark Mode" that users could toggle on & off? Pretty please? 🌓

If that is available, sure.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    This community is awesome. Workaround provided by a player, on one of our social pages:
    On the forum page right-click on any of the "Sign In" options above, then choose: open the page in a new tab.

This! I've been unable to log on for a week via my laptop. The right-click solution worked! (Obviously)

I also had the mobile log in problem described earlier in this thread, which has since resolved, but for a while I was blocked on both and was feeling super unwanted. (Kidding, sort of.)

Now that both issues are fixed... I'm sure everyone will look forward to reading posts from me again! (Cue the Shrek "Applause" signs for the audience.)
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only took 8 days, but I can finally login to tell you I couldn't login! :D

Thank you CS & Shan!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to use the work around to get in after I was logged out yesterday. I'm on Kindle, which I guess is the mobile version, which should be fixed. On a side though possibly related note, I also couldn't access my saved password to log in to pay a utility bill either yesterday. I had to type it in manually. Could it be a glitch in a global update somewhere?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just thought the workaround doesn t work on iPad, but thankfully @Shan confirmed that it works there as well. You just have to do a long tap and hold when u klick on the Sign In button, then the option „open a new window“ appears and it works.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It all started with a "what if.. " the joy of learning something new :D

• Just had this log-in issue happen to me today. Using a bookmarked link with saved log-in info on Chrome, and until today it was an automatic log-in. When I tried this morning, it didn't work. The workaround did fix it.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has now been fixed :)