Home The Bridge

Shinzon....is he really that useless?

i don't think so and the attached screenshot should show his uses although limited are there atleast

Comments

• ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    i don't think so and the attached screenshot should show his uses although limited are there atleast
    Excellent! Every card has its use(s), along the way.

I still want to immortalize my Shinzon.
    ducks
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jumped in here to make a snarky comment about his value for the next Reman mega event, but... I'll concede your point! For voyages, those stats are quite usable (depending on your roster, of course).

Back in the early days, I wanted to get Shinzon for the art, but I didn't have the game ability yet so the opportunity passed me by. Peregrine, as much as I have knocked Dr. Soong on the forums over the years, I'm still hoping to stumble into a way to immortalize mine, so I can't criticize your goal! (I bet most of us have a card buried in a dark corner of our roster that we'd like to finish for reasons that make no game sense at all.)
  • he is on a voyage that Datacore bot currently estimates could go on for 10 hours
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I jumped in here to make a snarky comment about his value for the next Reman mega event, but... I'll concede your point! For voyages, those stats are quite usable (depending on your roster, of course).

Back in the early days, I wanted to get Shinzon for the art, but I didn't have the game ability yet so the opportunity passed me by. Peregrine, as much as I have knocked Dr. Soong on the forums over the years, I'm still hoping to stumble into a way to immortalize mine, so I can't criticize your goal! (I bet most of us have a card buried in a dark corner of our roster that we'd like to finish for reasons that make no game sense at all.)
    ❤️ > 🧠
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, the best thing about him is his art...can't say no to Tom Hardy in my crew.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every 3-skill crew is potentially useful for voyages once they're immortalised. It depends on skillset and traits. But some are definitely more useful than others, and Shinzon really is at the bottom of the pile.

That said, if you don't have many immortalised legendaries then yes, an immortalised Shinzon is far from useless. But his usefulness is in inverse proportion to the number of other options you have available. Or to put it more simply, once you have a decent selection of crew you won't use him anywhere near as much.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    My High Roller Sisko sits at 2018/1485/840. Having the correct trait and the extra tertiary DIP won't cancel at out Sisko's tertiary SEC advantage. Sisko's extra CMD then crushes Shinzon.

And High Roller Sisko isn't even a top 100 Voyager.

Shinzon has a small advantage in that the Villain and Romulan crew pools aren't very big and he'll get a bit of extra longevity that way.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Weyoun, I have a counterpoint for you to consider, the baseball stat WAR (wins above replacement). So far, you have shown us that it is better to throw the stadium janitor in left field rather than forfeit the game but let me ask you this, if Shinzon is NOT the most useless 3-skill legend, who is?

Shinzon has the third worst voyage score of any 3-skill card I found on a quick cursory visual scan (I could be wrong). The only two I found with worse voyage scores are Sulan (very useful in Gauntlet) and Mirror Spock (very useful ship ability). And among ANY combination of 3-skill cards with COM/DIP/SEC (easily the most common group) with regard to voyages Shinzon is literally THE worst. On a voyage he is like starting the stadium janitor in left field, his only value is being the 12th body so the voyage is legal to send.

Shinzon has no use in Gauntlet, his ship ability is terrible, his base scores are also so low he is bad for shuttles, and he is only in one collection. The ONE thing he has going for him is the artwork which is in my estimation, quite good. His sassy pose has plenty of utility for folks who like to do vanity bridge crew.

So he is a sexy stadium janitor, that is his usefulness. Literally EVERY 3-skill card has more utility than Shinzon.
  • remember how i said i had sent out an estimated 10 hour voyage with Shinzon on it, it made the full 10 hours and then some
  • lbke0p1nzvl3.png
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Shinzon has the third worst voyage score of any 3-skill card I found on a quick cursory visual scan (I could be wrong).

There quite a lot of crew that are worse than Shinzon. Bigbook puts him at rank 450 though.

I’ll also have to put in my own art critique. It’s a well done job of a well liked and talented actor wearing a really stupid looking costume.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭

Still totally useless for me and others. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    remember how i said i had sent out an estimated 10 hour voyage with Shinzon on it, it made the full 10 hours and then some

Shinzon only has five traits. Two (Reman and Clone) don't come up at all. Human is ubiquitous. That leaves Romulan and Villain. Even if 25 of your remaining 246 Antimatter came from a trait bonus, you'd have to fail at least 45 hazards (221 Antimatter / 5 per failed hazard) to fall short. I can't fathom a roster strong enough to hit the 10 hour mark but also so weak that Shinzon makes the difference between passing or failing 45 hazards.
    My alt account regularly sends natural 10 hour voyages with super rare crew assigned to them, I'm not sure using the 10 hour voyage as a metric of usefulness has much usefulness.
  • 24 hours now with only 7 revives and i could push that to 26 without another if i wanted but i digress hate him or like him he atleast looks nice
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Conclusion: Shinzon is good for young players but not for the elderly.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    Conclusion: Shinzon is good for young players but not for the elderly.

Conclusion: A strong enough roster can make ten hours with 11 crew and anyone dumped in the final slot.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    My conclusion: Tom Hardy should never shave his head

Also, did we just see the birth of new end game challenges: a Shinzon challenge and a Badgey challenge?
    edited May 2022
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    My conclusion: Tom Hardy should never shave his head

Also, did we just see the birth of new end game challenges: a Shinzon challenge and a Badgey challenge?

I had the EXACT same thought, I went to sleep this morning with the beginnings of a 1/2/3/4* crew handicapping system dancing in my head. It could be a fun side quest on those days we are cursed with Malon/Hirogen ship traits.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Never let it be said that this game does not have a sense of humor!

iq5mkswtx694.jpg

More so if you win him first shot.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Puppet Shinzon says if you had spent eighteen hours every day under the lash of a Romulan guard, you would understand how to use him!

yebsrbjcz1yr.jpg

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grumpy and mean to his subordinates. Are we sure Shinzon was not really the clone of Jellico?
    Let’s fly!
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    He's great compared compared to Scotty
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    He's great compared compared to Scotty

Are you sure about that? My many, many, many Arena victims might not agree with you.

1a0e23vqffbf.jpg
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Why is not on your honour ship?