Home Engineering Room

Cannot sign-in to forums with Facebook?

I finally got things to work on my computer, but if I try to sign-in to the forums on mobile, when I choose "log in with Facebook" it tells me the app hasn't been set up and to switch to an authorized test user?

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    I finally got things to work on my computer, but if I try to sign-in to the forums on mobile, when I choose "log in with Facebook" it tells me the app hasn't been set up and to switch to an authorized test user?

Hmm you are the second person reporting this.
    I will see what I can find out.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And to be clear, I got the same error when I tried to log in via Facebook on my computer, I just had better luck getting logged in sans-Facebook (translation: remembering passwords) than I did from my phone.

But it's been the better part of a week now probably.
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan thought I would bump this that the sign in with Facebook button is still not working for the forums.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    <growls>

OK - thank you for letting me know!
  • This is W.W. Carlisle. I can't log in with FB and both my email addresses come up as guests.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • This is also me. See above/\.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is W.W. Carlisle. I can't log in with FB and both my email addresses come up as guests.

I do not have an update, by login in with various emails you created multiple accounts for yourself.
    Please submit a ticket so I can follow up on this with you and detangle it all by adding an email address to your forum account allowing you to sign in without FB :)
  • You mean use the support link below. I can do that.
    I must have created the two alternative accounts when I was trying to get the STT account I had before my main game account to sync. It never did and I created the game I play now.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean use the support link below. I can do that.
    I must have created the two alternative accounts when I was trying to get the STT account I had before my main game account to sync. It never did and I created the game I play now.

From here or from your game. Refer to this thread and give me the ticket number once it is created :)

Thank you!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Just in case this is relevant, I experienced this issue way back in November 11th 2021. I tried the login, had the app error, but I finally could login with user and pass (I normally use the facebook button, I didn't even remember I had the other credentials)

PS: I remember that date 'cause I was a chatting about it, I had other issues with the game, and I made a comment that, on top of that, I wasn't able to login due to this.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apollo mentioned he's been having this problem also.
  • Ticket number is #600055. Had a busy weekend and caught a mild stomach bug from my friend's kids. (Always do, but it's worth it to see them.)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ticket number is #600055. Had a busy weekend and caught a mild stomach bug from my friend's kids. (Always do, but it's worth it to see them.)

I see it, I might not get around it today but I will look into it tomorrow :)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm in! Thanks, Shan!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm in! Thanks, Shan!

You are very welcome :)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally was able to log in once I found my email password but still can’t login with Facebook, it just says this when I try: “ Facebook Login is currently unavailable for this app, since we are updating additional details for this app. Please try again later.”
    Let’s fly!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally was able to log in once I found my email password but still can’t login with Facebook, it just says this when I try: “ Facebook Login is currently unavailable for this app, since we are updating additional details for this app. Please try again later.”

Glad that you were able to find your email etc :)
    I do not have an update for the FB issue yet :/
  • dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still broken, fwiw
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    This is still broken, fwiw

I know - this requires a provider intervention unfortunately.
    I do not have an ETA on a resolution.
  • edited May 2022
    I took a couple of years break from the game and now have come back and tried to log in to the forums to find out that the Facebook login option is not working for me. My email is not attached to my actual account so I am unable to log in with it. Any help to fix this issue would be very much welcomed.

Edit: I cleared my cookies and cache and it then gave me the option to enter my Facebook information but then went right back to inform me that the system isn't working.

Edit#2: Ticket #608638
  • Please ignore the guest account above as the issue has been fixed. Thank you!!
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please ignore the guest account above as the issue has been fixed. Thank you!!

Welcome back :)