Home The Bridge

What excites you more as a STT fan - Honor Sale or Portal Update?

Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
I look forward to the portal update more as there is less of a chance of getting nothing out out beholds and begolds except for honor.

Comments

• (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portal update for me. But it used to be honor sales. Definitely dependent on the state of your crew.

Speaking of... is it time for a portal update yet? :smiley:
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Portal Update for me too. I'm going to hold off on Honour sales until the next update.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor sales. I would rather add stars to cards I have using a smaller pool from which to draw.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're both pretty exciting. I'm more likely to get something of immediate use out of a discounted citation, but I generally save up portal pulls for an update, so there's usually some surprises with those as well.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're both pretty exciting. I'm more likely to get something of immediate use out of a discounted citation, but I generally save up portal pulls for an update, so there's usually some surprises with those as well.

I save my portals for honor sales too. That way I earn the extra honor for another cite.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor Sales
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honor sales
    Let’s fly!
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Honor sale. Getting cites at a discount with a portal pull that **may** give me a choice that has a card that I already have and can add to is better IMO than drawing from an increasingly more diluted pool of cards.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this referring to last week's honor sale, this week's honor sale or next week's honor sale? :D
  • is this referring to last week's honor sale, this week's honor sale or next week's honor sale? :D

There is no honor in partaking of honor sales each week; one must limit oneself to only buy honor sales when there is honor involved.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to honor sales.

I dread the update of the pool with crew retrieval.
    It will get harder to get the crew you want with every portal update.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Honor sale.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    I like both. But i am a little worried that this honor sale which sort of just sprang out of nowhere seems like they are trying to scare up some money real quick. The extra campaign track also gave me the same feeling.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both. But i am a little worried that this honor sale which sort of just sprang out of nowhere seems like they are trying to scare up some money real quick. The extra campaign track also gave me the same feeling.

I think they realized that players waiting 6m to spend honor isn't good. But players aren't going to start spending outside of a sale. So now they're offering the sale more often.

If they start offering a sale every 3m instead of every 6m it doesn't change what you can buy, it just means that you buy half as much twice as often and get to use half the cites 3m sooner.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but the lto’s for purchasing honor plus cites are only available during honor sales. Thats what im referring to.

Ppl dumped honor on the cite sale a few weeks ago, now they can re-up honor and get more cotes. Just seemz like a cash grab to me.
  • Honour sale, in particular the 40k cite and random crew.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portal Update here. This last honor sale that ended today netted me 7 new golds (forced since the other 2 choices were FF for all 7,( and only 3 *s to fuse, and 550 honor traded for the 10K spent with an all frozen begold (all 3 choices were terrible - not even a decent dupe choice). Sure that gets me closer to completing the full roster, but also leaves me with 7 more useless 1/5 taking up slots.
    FYI - I am down to <25 golds left to acquire.

It would be really nice to have a portal update RIGHT BEFORE an honor sale... Just sayin'
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trait audit, collection milestones update, new collections large enough so that they aren't completed upon login.

Nothing else really feels special anymore. Honor hall crew are statistically indistinguishable from crew you can win each week in events. New gauntlet exclusives and their half dozen 65% crit sets are made to be oppressive and the overall gauntlet experience is worse for it.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    Before crew retrieval, it was definitely honor sales. I used to dread portal updates as they would further dilute the pool which already had my white whales in it.

After crew retrieval, definitely the portal updates as they bring new crew that can be retrieved (especially ones who debuted in packs...).