Home Engineering Room

Chat & messages not working

Fleet, Officer, Squadron and UC channels are either not displayed or recycling earlier messages:

fvql7r5ue4a7.png
Please, devote some resources to fix your in-game messaging system, preferably before the new boss battle mechanism goes live. Not every player wants to use a third-party communication system, nor should they need to IMO, in order to coordinate group activities. 🖖
"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust

Comments

• DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Sorry @~peregrine~ , being a bit late to support your topic. 🖖🏻
    100% agreed and reported, screenshots sent multiple times for “tech dept review” investigation as we have been asked to do.

The chat function has always been an issue but recently 2 months or so is drastically worse. I have already sent a bunch of screenshots with the same above request you stated.
    How are we supposed to communicate and participate in a group activity if we cant use chat?
    In the beginning they didn't want us to use outside sources for group messaging. They very specifically discouraged anything.
    Now that some do, it has become a “standard” in some fleets and the fixes for the feature seem pushed aside since they know most active fleets and players use outside sources.
    Even if some fleets communicate outside many players who use their phones get crashed out of game when switching apps, and formats for game/chat. Going back and forth causes game to close. Now you have to restart. This is not efficient.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    So, my fleetmates & I were discussing in fleet chat which crew we had used to try unlocking nodes in the combo chains for the boss battles. I exited the app & reopened it, only to see the following:

3x3iqigt93pi.png
    You have known about this issue for years, plural.

You have failed to address this issue. Why?

Your performance in this regard has been disappointing, to put it mildly.

I don't know why I expected you to Do Better, but you can be damn sure that I won't make that mistake again.

Fix the chat, please.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust