Home Make It So!
Options

How about a free begold every week

BUT! you have to pay 10,000 honor to take one if the three choices.

Or you can pass, and if you pass you gett 500 honor.

AND! U only get the behold if you did dailies all week.

Im droppin the mic.

Comments

• Options
    What, exactly, would this "suggestion" do to improve the game? Or, is this just sour grapes?
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Well, since they seem to be interested in keeping consistency with people playing the game, this would reward players weekly for week long engagement.

Pretty straight forward
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an alternative, I've proposed in the past offering an existing 5* in a higher solo threshold tier in events. This would be helpful in the following ways: 1) It would create an opportunity for players to either add a star or acquire a crew member they wanted but didn't already have. 2) It would give players something to play for after the 350k threshold. 3) On WRG's end, it would lead to increased engagement.

I propose starting with 5*'s who were in the game at launch and then moving forward chronologically. Being older, weaker crew, circulating them would hardly cause any imbalance. Insofar as competition between players goes, bonus crew are really only helpful in Faction Events. There are some older crew whose proficiency stats make them useful in the Gauntlet, but 1) it's immaterial to the rest of us whether another player's crew member is 1/5 or 5/5 and 2) most of their proficiency stats have, like their base stats, become obsolete anyway. The handful who are still useful (looking at you, Sulan) being acquired by more players might even promote a modicum of variety in Gauntlet walls. (Adding more trait bonus combinations wouldn't hurt, which is already true.)

There are two variations on this idea. One would be to serialize older 5*'s of them monthly, a la the Campaign Premium track. I don't see a strong concern for this diluting player interest in the Campaign. For one thing, there are so many 5*'s in the game it would take decades to feature all of them in a Campaign anyway. There's always a decent size pool of 5*'s who are recent enough not to be in the time portal. Older players already complain when the Premium track features a particularly older crew member (see: Commander Troi, EV Suit Seven, Doctor Chaotica, etc.). Players could earn a 4/5 for free this way, but they wouldn't get the rest of the loot, which by itself justifies the $9.99 for a lot of players.

The other variation would be to offer a different 5* weekly. Either way, there will be weeks when players aren't interested in that threshold 5* and throttle back to conserve resources. Burnout is already a problem, after all.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    It would be more rewarding to include older "oldies, but goldies" as mid-voyage rewards OR just demote them to purrples eventually (so they would automatically be added to the voyage and standard BeHold pool). That would actually also balance out the purrple to gold ratio of crew AND make the actual BeGolds TRUE BeGolds with a narrower choice window (increasing the chance to get the more recent additions to the purrtal). If that happened, I would actually return to the game and play again (and spend munny again).
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    It would be more rewarding to include older "oldies, but goldies" as mid-voyage rewards OR just demote them to purrples eventually (so they would automatically be added to the voyage and standard BeHold pool). That would actually also balance out the purrple to gold ratio of crew AND make the actual BeGolds TRUE BeGolds with a narrower choice window (increasing the chance to get the more recent additions to the purrtal). If that happened, I would actually return to the game and play again (and spend munny again).

I don't even want to imagine the backlash if legacy 5*'s were "demoted" to 4*'s. There have been numerous suggestions and requests over the years to shift them to a separate pool. I'm unaware of any acknowledgment of those suggestions and requests, and certainly nothing to indicate that it's even being considered. A boy can dream, though...!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind seeing DL’s in events at a specific threshold (certainly not a new suggestion). However, a free legendary each week just for playing is unrealistic. We do get a free behold every so often for special dates and the like already.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...