Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles Stream - Monday, July 11- around 4pm ET (20:00 UTC) - It's Live!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2022 in The Bridge
We're trying something new this Monday and we hope you will join us :)
WRG Ben will be streaming Fleet Boss Battles, with some of us playing alongside him.

This will give you another look and also the opportunity to ask questions about the feature.

This will take place on our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/WickedRealmGames

Edit: 2022-07-12:
FBB FAQ: https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7014846676887-Fleet-Boss-Battles-Captain-s-Bridge-FAQ

And if you missed the stream live, it's available on our channel :)

Feedback thread in The Bridge:
https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19486/fleet-boss-battles-feedback-thread

Strategy thread in Ready Room
https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19487/fleet-boss-battles-strategies-and-advices-thread

Issue thread in Engineering
https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19488/fleet-boss-battles-issues-thread

Comments

• ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited the hours, too many time zones in my noggin.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoot
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    Look forward to it!
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIL that WRG has a YouTube channel. (Yeah, I'm old-ish and don't instinctively check the net for every possible content source. I'm just happy I know how to use "TIL" in a sentence.)
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    TIL that WRG has a YouTube channel. (Yeah, I'm old-ish and don't instinctively check the net for every possible content source. I'm just happy I know how to use "TIL" in a sentence.)
    I'm right there with you, friend, for today I learned what "TIL" stands for thanks to you. >:)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    [DELETED oops]
  • Shan wrote: »
    WRG Ben will be streaming Fleet Boss Battles, with some of us playing alongside him.

This will give you another look and also the opportunity to ask questions about the feature.

This will take place on our Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/WickedRealmGames

Should we be worried that you started off the sentence with “We’re trying something new…”?
    I am so gonna get banned from Shan on this :p
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

Should we be worried that you started off the sentence with “We’re trying something new…”?
    I am so gonna get banned from Shan on this :p

Who knows :D <evil grin>
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Who knows :D <evil grin>

Are you Mirror Shan :o>:) ?

• Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    whtx1kood8p0.png
    xq1gdtltk7q8.png
    Related?
    This need fixed yesterday
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    whtx1kood8p0.png
    xq1gdtltk7q8.png
    Related?
    This need fixed yesterday

Not related and you've already posted in Engineering, it has nothing to do with the stream.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat needs to be top priority for improvements.

Do we need to thaw cadets?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chat needs to be top priority for improvements.

Do we need to thaw cadets?

Thawing will be required, as needed.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the number of nodes, and levels of nodes, the same for each difficulty level? Or will there be more for the higher difficulties?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone for joining in, it was a lot of fun :)
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    For 3* crew, ev suit Tuvok has a 200% instant damage.

I believe valor maxes out after 12 hours. For personal and fleet coordination it might be better to increase this to 16 or 20 hours.

Sorry I could not comment on the YouTube site.

Also thanks for the free crew slots.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I think the 12 hour cap is going to cause problems/lost valor. Especially when you factor in work and sleep. 24 hours to match the boss length is more flexible.
  • As someone in a one-man fleet, I feel like I have no hope. I was hoping to at least be able to complete the very bottom level, but I don't see how that will be possible.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Loved the stream. Please do more, even if its just 10-20 minutes periodically. Thanks for answering my questions and others, but i have two more...

1) To be clear, does the 24h timer for the boss battle start when someone first opens that battle tier? It's not on a 24h reset with the server, correct?

2) Given the location of the studios, can we change the tier names? I petition to change the tiers as follows:
    - Ultra-nightmare -> Nightmare
    - Nightmare -> Wicked Hard
    - Brutal and lower remain unchanged

If you go above 6*, you can always go the Street Fighter route and make Nightmare Alpha EX or whatever.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    1) To be clear, does the 24h timer for the boss battle start when someone first opens that battle tier? It's not on a 24h reset with the server, correct?
    In the video, the 24hr timer began when the battle started, for all 3 battles that took place. When there were two battles running simultaneously their timers were different.
  • SovinoxSovinox ✭✭✭
    Just a suggestion, but I l think it would be so much better if we could pull from all the crews in the freezer rather than just the active ones. I am always so short on crew slots that anytime a crew is immortalized, it goes straight to freezer. There are crew I barely even remember that I have! Now that we can do stuff with them in a fun way, would be great to reuse them without the merit penalty to unfreeze/ refreeze and (more importantly) the hunt for free crew slots.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    After some thought, i dont think the freeze thaw will be a tremendous issue. It will take strategy to use it efficiently, but it shouldnt kill peoples merits.

Crew space/slots is another issue, which ill just say for the most part is a player created problem. If you have 90 purple crew at various citation levels that you are hanging onto just on the outside chance that you get a matching portal behold, i mean maybe eliminate some of that from your roster.

You dont owe any crew you get from a behold anyhhing, so if its not a huge issue to just airlock for the honor and space, especially provided that you get your fair share of packs, you xan always start a new one when you have the time and resources.

And as far as acquiring really bad stat / no collection value gold crew, yeah i dont even bother with that. I airlock immediately. Id rather get the 550 honor and move on with my life.

But i understand this is a collecting game and people want to pokemon it. Im just saying you dont have to catch em all at once.
  • JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    In the video, the 24hr timer began when the battle started, for all 3 battles that took place. When there were two battles running simultaneously their timers were different.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't see the stream well while asking questions in chat. Thanks.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    After some thought, i dont think the freeze thaw will be a tremendous issue. It will take strategy to use it efficiently, but it shouldnt kill peoples merits.

Crew space/slots is another issue, which ill just say for the most part is a player created problem. If you have 90 purple crew at various citation levels that you are hanging onto just on the outside chance that you get a matching portal behold, i mean maybe eliminate some of that from your roster.

You dont owe any crew you get from a behold anyhhing, so if its not a huge issue to just airlock for the honor and space, especially provided that you get your fair share of packs, you xan always start a new one when you have the time and resources.

And as far as acquiring really bad stat / no collection value gold crew, yeah i dont even bother with that. I airlock immediately. Id rather get the 550 honor and move on with my life.

But i understand this is a collecting game and people want to pokemon it. Im just saying you dont have to catch em all at once.

With the potential for needing random trait matches for boss battles, I wouldn't advocate eliminating any crew right now. You don't know who will have that random trait pair you need that you airlocked 3 months earlier.

Hopefully getting free slots tomorrow will be enough flex space to help unlock the lower levels once. And then once it's unlocked we'll only play the higher levels anyway.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since both Arena battles and Skirmish event battles both count toward our 20 daily space battles, is it safe to assume that all of our Boss Battle fights will also count toward our daily ship battle totals?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Since both Arena battles and Skirmish event battles both count toward our 20 daily space battles, is it safe to assume that all of our Boss Battle fights will also count toward our daily ship battle totals?

Ben specifically said no to that one.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Need merits so I can unfreeze crew in all three of my accounts I am below 10k merits.

Thanks, to the midweek event and 40 gauntlet wins, I have done lots of refreshes. Also I took out all my crew (event bonus crew) for the last faction event.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Also, fro this particular boss, the doomsday machine, there is no evasion.
    The doomsday machine will always hit. So all those crew with negative evasion are good to go.

Edit: also the doomsday machine will see though cloaking. So if you use cloak you are using it for a trigger for crew abilities.

My suggestion , do not pick evasion crew, accept when trying to determine a nodes traits.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is some pre-release feedback Shan/Ben.

The Boss Battles were announced around the same time that the IKS Bortas was added to the Honor Hall. I cannot speak for everyone who has invested in the IKS Bortas but one reason I did it was because I assumed based on the timing of both announcements that the IKS Bortas was specifically designed with Boss Battles in mind, especially due to its beefy cloak, given the ship is otherwise rather lacking in the shields/hull department. This is why I asked during the livestream Q & A if cloaking would work to avoid the Boss' big attack, and the fact that it does not help at all is kind of unfortunate. I do not have buyer's remorse as I still like the ship but my feedback would be to be mindful of such things in the future.