Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmbapm5wyxtc.gif
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I feel like I'm having a fistfight in a pitch black room and just hoping to connect with a punch or two. The lack of information and instruction on what we need to do is horrible.

I am in my own fleet with my 3 accounts. The first thing I did was work on combos. So in the combo views it tells you one trait and you need to figure out the second trait from the list of traits shown. Many of the traits 1+ and 2* crew will not have. There is no duplicate traits ( traits can be listed twice so then they can be in two combos) so the ones that the crew have for the combo seat will not be used by another seat. So eliminate the ones given from the list. Search for crew starting with seats trait. Easiest way is to got to crew retrieval to use polestars of the given trait. Select immortalized as your filter. Go to the bottom of immortalized crew displayed for the 1* and 2* crew. Examine those crew to see if they have other skills needed on list. This is how you will have to try to find crew for combos.

But once combos are done or if you just want to concentrate on doing damage. Try to figure which crew to use and which ship to use.

**Also the game defaults to the worst ship. You need to change ship to the Suurak or the Hirogen one before going into battle.**

On YouTube is a video of yesterdays live stream on the boss battle.
    Wicked Realm Games (is their channel)

Edit: two crew can combine for one combo, though I think if the trait is duplicated you need to have two crew with that trait, but, maybe you only need the one.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I need to 10 million damage. I will have 5 more battles per an account. Looks to be about 200k damage per.

So Doomsday machine survives , I will probably do more than 50% to it. But not much more than 50%. But all my accounts will do more than 800k damage. So I will be seeing what rewards I get and if it's worth doing more battles. Of course, this all comes down to bridge upgrade.

I was going to take a break from the game and then fleet battles made me wait on that feature. Now this feature may make forget about STT Nope my interest was peaked by the rewards. The frustration is searching and unfreezing crew
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    They said it was beta. Lets just let this play out and see what fixes they come up with.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bylo Band

The maximum valor is 4. When you purchase you get 4 valor. That is why the timer will reset. But you have to use one valor first
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Bylo Band

The maximum valor is 4. When you purchase you get 4 valor. That is why the timer will reset. But you have to use one valor first

I know. I cannot tell if you are trolling me here but trust me, I know. I had not seen that specific information written anywhere else so I was posting evidence that the Valor timer resets when you buy more, it seemed like information people might find useful. This is a feedback thread, and that is feedback that might be useful for both the developers and other players who might not have thought about it.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    lmekth13ir7q.jpg

Going to be a tough one

Also it moving around is really confusing the fleet
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    @Bylo Band

I know. I cannot tell if you are trolling me here but trust me, I know. I had not seen that specific information written anywhere else so I was posting evidence that the Valor timer resets when you buy more, it seemed like information people might find useful. This is a feedback thread, and that is feedback that might be useful for both the developers and other players who might not have thought about it.

According to the yesterday's video when you buy valor, you get 4.
    When you sit at the maximum no matter this game or any other the timer always resets. The timer only counts down to give you more when you are below the max.

So what I am telling you the timer is a countdown for the next valor. There is no more countdown when you are at max. When you go below the max the counter starts counting down , the counter for valor starts at 3 hours and counts

I guess I am reading you wrong. You are just trying to tell people if you are close wait until you get the valor before the purchase. But, you made it more complicated and lost what you meant to say.

Edit: @Bylo Band i see your point now after collecting my first rewards from Battle. He is warning us about collecting that 4 valor reward on the bridge. With good timing I probably will be able to destroy the easy difficulty with my 3 accounts. But I have to be careful and wait one 24 hr battle before collecting it. I think I will need get to attack, shields, and xtra damage to boss maxed before collecting it.
  • <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm unclear on this one, but players should get damage credit for unlocking traits. If one player spends merits to find crew that unlock traits, while another player just sits there grinding max damage, the player who did overall damage with the traits doesn't get credit while the player grinding gets all the extra rewards from ranking higher in fleet damage.

Someone in my fleet said the person who plays first after unlocking the trait combo gets the credit for the combo damage. That's really unfair and is giving credit just based on luck of who starts at the right time.
    I can confirm that the player who unlocks the final trait combo on the chain gets credit for all the bonus damage. We have 3 players in our fleet with more than a million more damage than the rest of us as a result. The bonus damage should not be credited to any one individual.

I unlocked the final trait combo for two chains, and did not receive any bonus damage. Someone who came after did.

Same here. I unlocked a node in each of the first 3 chains of the Normal boss our fleet did and I got no bonus whatsoever. I ended up in nearly last place while some who weren't unlocking any nodes had millions. I wonder if my bonus was being applied to someone else?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Where is the end the boss battle. I would like to start another easy battle since I cannot destroy it. But currently I have to wait 24 hours. My 3 accounts will not do more than 51% damage to it. And I reach that at 11 hours into the battle. All my accounts have done over 800% damage. So I will not get any more in rewards. So it would be nice to end this battle now so I could start a new one before the 24 hours is up.

qpjisy20cs72.jpeg

bldainmef2a4.jpeg

All my accounts have done 7 attacks on boss. I have unlocked all combos that seems to be where most of the damage came from. I do not see that in this damage list.

Edit: I guess the button is not needed. Because I do not have to use valor anymore. It will take 12 hrs. to get to 4 valor. I guess I am just anxious to see what happens on the bridge. Actually what I am most anxious with, may only happen with destruction of the boss. I am eyeing those rewards on the bridge.

Unless I only have to do >50% damage to boss, I am only going to be dealing with easy difficulty from here on out. I seriously doubt that the bridge upgrades will allow me to do 100% damage in easy difficulty.

Edit: with 4 valor from rewards and I did spend 150 dil. (Again from rewards) on two of my three accounts (but after the next level upgrades came up, I was doing less damage to the boss, I also had upgraded the level 1 reduction of boss times.)
    So the bug may be why I needed to use any dil. No problem though, this Beta gave me 300 dil. in rewards.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    imdwalrus wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It would be great to be able to see both traits on each node, rather than seeing one trait and a "?". That would make it easier to plan for one and potentially multiple nodes when determining what crew to thaw.

The whole point is that you're trying to work out what the second trait is. That's the challenge.

But as the difficulty level goes up and eventually includes every crew in the game that goes from "challenge" to "likely impossible".

Hopefully they don't make it too ridiculous, or set reasonable combinations. I.e. don't give us Federation and require Pandronian to combine. Each crew towards the end should have enough options to help narrow it down whilst attacking. Use crew with lots of traits!

It does, however, require a degree of communication which the chat tool will likely struggle with!
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    The need to faff about in the cryo vault for lower level crew over and over again is killing all the potential fun of this for me, to be honest. I can totally imagine that it's a blast finding the right 5* out of hundreds on the higher modes but my (casual, which is the way I like it) fleet clearly isn't going to get there within the 24 hours.

I have two different suggestions:

1) have Valor regenerate faster (maybe 1/half hour like quantum), and instead of locking the battles behind each other, have them cost 1/2/3/4/5/6 Valor depending on level. Or even 1/2/3/4/6/8 or something like that if you want to emphasise the nightmare nature of the nightmare modes.

2) extend the 24 hours or just make it so that it goes until you've got all the way to the end. Add a function for an officer (not just any old fleet member) to be able to abandon the battle if the fleet can't manage the higher levels. Maybe two officers have to agree, to be on the safe side? You could even do it like the self-destruct sequence in canon, which would fit with the idea of having come up against a huge threat.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    We have not yet defeated the easy one, but the normal one just got unlocked? How did that happen, and why is it possible? I'm confused...

tumrrx1xdnbt.jpg
  • -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    Started with 4 valor this morning, did ONE battles and valor went down to 1
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the counter showing my Valor was full when I woke up. I knew that was wrong. I hadn't slept that long! It dropped to one after I did a battle, as I probably just had two in reality.
    Using Retrieval to match traits only works if they are in the Portal. We got "politician" and Pav's not in the Portal yet. Took me a minute to figure her out.
    Could they fix the glitch in the fleet display about who's active? I've have players in chat with me showing they hadn't been active for hours and I've seen ME as last online nine hours ago, while I'm looking at it. It makes figuring out who's available to try a combo tricky, when you can't see that they are online.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    I think traits should be automatically disabled once they have been tried. For example, say I am trying to match "Gambler+?" and I try a crew with "Gambler+Federation", one of the possible mystery traits. Once this fails, I think "Federation" should no longer show up as possible for "Gambler", so that other fleetmates know not to try it. Communicating all tried traits in chat is, let's face it, quite tedious and error prone, especially given how poorly the chat works. But even aside from that, there can be multiple difficulty levels in progress (although for my two cents, I think it's a bit strange that you can have more than one ongoing), and once people read the chat messages, those messages might already be obsolete because we've moved on to a new combo chain.

Possible bug: Once when I tried to match a combo and failed, but a fleetmate succeeded at making another combo while I was fighting, after I finished, the bottom with all the traits was replaced with the text "You've joined the team" (???) or something similar. I had to reboot the app to get the traits back. I unfortunately forgot to take a screenshot.

This is something I have been thinking. But the question is how to do it, when the bottom traits could match any node.

e.g. if the top three nodes are

Human, Klingon, Vulcan.

and the bottom include Jury rigger, musician, diplomat.

Then trying a Torres Jury Rigger would tick out the Jury Rigger for the first two nodes, but not the third.

We then have the issue of matching three traits, this would really need an external spreadsheet.
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Y'know what else would be nice?
    Commas.
    It's very hard to read these numbers on a small phone screen.
    7zlykubr41da.jpeg

How about just using an abbreviated system, such as 41.46m/160m
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'know what else would be nice?
    Commas.
    It's very hard to read these numbers on a small phone screen.
    7zlykubr41da.jpeg

Yes. Reading the reward tiers. Someone we'd talking about 800k max rewards. I looked more carefully, the max is 8M. But it's labeled 8000K so it's easy to miss the extra 0 and think it's only 800k
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    This is something I have been thinking. But the question is how to do it, when the bottom traits could match any node.

e.g. if the top three nodes are

Human, Klingon, Vulcan.

and the bottom include Jury rigger, musician, diplomat.

Then trying a Torres Jury Rigger would tick out the Jury Rigger for the first two nodes, but not the third.

We then have the issue of matching three traits, this would really need an external spreadsheet.

Maybe they could change it so that clicking anywhere on the combo "box" you select that combo, and when doing so, all traits below would become gray if they have already been tried for that specific combo. To actually assign a crew, you could click the big "+".

6wsvivrx2zh2.png

Also complicating this a bit is when a trait is a known match AND a possible match (like Exobiology in the image). If you were to match the 1st combo I believe Exobiology would become grayed out on the possible list even though it might be the trait that applies for combo node 3.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    It has been referenced in a couple places but having multiple difficulty battles go at once becomes an issue. On the one hand it hurts the fleet to not have all members concentrating on one battle. On the other hand, I understand that there are some individual captains that may have a tough time meeting the minimum damage requirements for rewards at higher levels. So it hampers the fleets ability to really work together when there are competing individual objectives.

Also, big thumbs down for Magnesite and Kemocite going in the normal inventory and contributing to the 1000 cap.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.