Home Make It So!
Options

Make the Universal Chat Nicer.

I am so tired of seeing people coming into the UC and pretending to be someone that they aren't and then say abusive things live in chat. The UC could really use a live moderator. But if you really aren't willing to consider that you might think to add a report button along with the mute or block that will flag the chat for review and have it moved to the top of supports job pile. I would like to point out however a moderator could easily revoke UC chatting privileges possibly first offence warning second 3 day ban and third offence permanently banned from UC. However that does not protect fleet chat either. So a report button would probably be more effective if you could have it reviewed within a decent amount of time so the actions can be stopped easily and quickly. I know chat is not something you really want to prioritize. But honestly Recruiting for fleets or just waiting for timers to reset people will wander in to see what is being said if not to chat or ask questions about the game. I am sure you don't want players abusing other players. I believe personally a live moderator could handle reports and moderating the UC to be a nicer place for every player to use when and if they choose.

k9lh6ijleg22.png

Please consider this, and much thanks...

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had live mods in Talk City 20 years ago. Worked great, you signed in as a moderator and cooperated with other mods (such as when one left another would take over). When it got abusive you could boot a user from chat and they were gone for 24hrs. Should not be hard to do technically, just need someone with the will to make it happen. Of course, no money in it so "it's something we are looking into", but not really... :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Hi :) I certainly hope I have never offended anyone, I am Michelle... I try to get people to be nice and make it fun. I would be willing go do it but I already have two fleets and a discord and school and autism so I couldn't do it unless I got paid but it would be great because I struggle working in person environments and I play a lot but I could only do it sometimes like pop in and check and then like leave but um I like kinda already do I just don't have any authority to like say much except please be nice but it had been working really well because a lot of people are being nicer and enjoying the U.C. More and to be fair U.C. Has always been this way and it's the reason we have discords as well and personal fleet channels but I agree that everyone in UC needs to follow wheatons law while at the same time people still need freedom of speech so I would say like I have seen you in chat and I'm discord and I think you are great but I would say that you could probably try what I do and just tell your crew in your fleets do follow wheatons law I'm chat. I also appointed an officer as ambassador to let us know if somebody is breaking that when I am not online but that is about all that can be done right now without help from the devs sadly. Sorry if that was a ramble I am just speaking truth.
  • Options
    Also I am a terrible speller and multi lingual so it makes it kinda um... Not so good but you get what I am saying yes?
  • Options
    Greetings Captains, we will investigate with the team the possibility to add something in order to improve the current situation. Thank you for reporting, LLAP