Home The Bridge

Shan: Fleet Boss Battles Season 2 New Bridge question

Does this mean that everything we have built up on the Bridge we currently have been will be lost and that we will have to start over building the new Bridge from scratch or will we be keeping all that we have already?

If we are starting from scratch, than what's the use of building up the current bridge that we have invested time, resources, and dilithium (which we use actual money to get) on.

Comments

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben has said this bridge is not going away. We keep all the buffs. And if you're not done you can keep working on it if you want.

But there will also be a new boss with a new bridge and you can decide if you want to battle that new boss and build the new bridge or stick with finishing the existing bridge.
  • NasHamNasHam ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    thx 4 the info guys. Guess we will need more info on how these bridges will work to make a proper decision. Sounds like everytime they introduce a new Boss, they will introduce a new Bridge. Hopefully all the bonuses will stack between all the bridges cause otherwise imho, this is basically crap
  • Carini [ST]Carini [ST] ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    No one forces you to play any part of this game...... And all your questions have actually been answered In the past.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first I've heard about multiple bridges as well.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Ben did some Q&A sessions on both the Timelines Discord and the Timelines Talks Discord, he mentioned that yes, we were getting multiple seasons of Captain's Bridges and that the resources needed would not be shared between the two.
    So Kemocite/Bilitrium will not be used on the new bridge when it's launched. I believe he also said it would be arriving before the end of the year but don't quote me on that.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Ben did some Q&A sessions on both the Timelines Discord and the Timelines Talks Discord, he mentioned that yes, we were getting multiple seasons of Captain's Bridges and that the resources needed would not be shared between the two.
    So Kemocite/Bilitrium will not be used on the new bridge when it's launched. I believe he also said it would be arriving before the end of the year but don't quote me on that.

So, planning to make it even more complicated and ridiculous before they even get finished with the beta test?

Sounds about par for the course.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

And another thing. What happens to the FBBs and the Captain's Bridge we are currently working on? If we do not finish this one before the new one, are we just unable to ever finish the first one? Since the next one is going to use new, different materials?

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

And another thing. What happens to the FBBs and the Captain's Bridge we are currently working on? If we do not finish this one before the new one, are we just unable to ever finish the first one? Since the next one is going to use new, different materials?

The old bridge will remain open, it's up to you and your fleet where you pool your resources. But I can see people being left in the dust on their old bridge unless the fleet is feeling generous.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    As more bridges are opened up, the number of boss fights and levels will increase.

Fleet coordination is difficult enough as it is. With more boss fights, the valor will be split between them, making it harder for fleets to beat individual bosses.

This is why limiting who can start boss fights is critical, and will be even more so in the future.

Unless we get a new resource besides valor. Which would let us target two bosses at once without one hurting the other.
  • Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll rotate the bosses, sort of like arena?
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    As more bridges are opened up, the number of boss fights and levels will increase.

Fleet coordination is difficult enough as it is. With more boss fights, the valor will be split between them, making it harder for fleets to beat individual bosses.

This is why limiting who can start boss fights is critical, and will be even more so in the future.

Unless we get a new resource besides valor. Which would let us target two bosses at once without one hurting the other.

I would assume (hope?) they will add a similar resource to valor. Otherwise there is no way to bring newer players into fleets. It is going to get very difficult very quickly even with one boss to keep fleets together if the gap levels/needs gets too wide.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    My concern with this new bridge and moving on to a new boss is that, if I'm not mistaken, at some point the bridge will require items earned from the full destruction of the Ultra Nightmare Boss (Bilitrium III) which was dubbed as "impossible for most fleets"
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Increase valor generation and max by a factor of four. Make it so the new boss needs four valor per fight, and the old bosses one valor.

That would solve several problems.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alternately, add a large damage buff when tackling old bosses.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could have the resources that are currently in the higher levels in the current boss/bridge be in the lower levels of future bridges. That could give different levels of players more opportunities to work on the bridges of their choice.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the game really need another resource? It was getting silly when crew retrieval came in as it was.

I just started Star Trek Legends and had to shake my head at how many resources there were in such a shallow game. Goodness knows what someone new to Timelines would think.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

Does the game really need another resource? It was getting silly when crew retrieval came in as it was.

I just started Star Trek Legends and had to shake my head at how many resources there were in such a shallow game. Goodness knows what someone new to Timelines would think.

I thought it was silly when they added multiple resources for retrieval. Adding another 5 for this first boss battle is insane. But since Ben has said they're going to add even more for the next bridge, might as add one more to mirror valor too.
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »

I thought it was silly when they added multiple resources for retrieval. Adding another 5 for this first boss battle is insane. But since Ben has said they're going to add even more for the next bridge, might as add one more to mirror valor too.

Mirror Valor. That's what they should call it!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

So, planning to make it even more complicated and ridiculous before they even get finished with the beta test?

Sounds about par for the course.

Also different resources , for different bridges.
    Maybe it is time to increase the item limit to 1024.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Some in my fleet are at the bridge level 7 bottleneck. Needing 100% destruction on brutal to get any bilitrium and upgrade the bridge any further is harsh for many players. The timer and amount of damage necessary per player make it very difficult to progress. I like the idea of different bridges; however, unless that particular issue is modified, it’ll just be more of the same. I do like a new challenge (like how once upon a time it took coordinated and sustained effort to build up our Starbases). I do hope an adjustment can be made to this one regarding bilitrium acquisition.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...