Home The Bridge

Event discussion: Skirmish - Bitter Bytes ME#2 - 2022-08-11

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    y176man6w7i6.png

Corrupted Badgey is thrilled that Mariner is going to corrupt the President of Earth with her illegal Romulan Whiskey. That is if Vindicta doesn’t get it first.
    Let’s fly!
    So far we have had.

Baylith Mariner.
    Coffee Mariner.
    Patterned Shirt Mariner.
    Uniform Mariner.

Is Mariner the new Janeway?

Here’s hoping.
    Let’s fly!
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    8wjvq8v3in64.jpg
  • So far we have had.

Baylith Mariner.
    Coffee Mariner.
    Stripy leggings Mariner.
    Uniform Mariner.

That's not coffee in her flask but I agree with you, lots of Mariner's I'm betting they stop or at least slow down after this LOW mega.

Wouldn't Michael be a better comparison?
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve Levy wrote: »
    So far we have had.

Baylith Mariner.
    Coffee Mariner.
    Stripy leggings Mariner.
    Uniform Mariner.

That's not coffee in her flask but I agree with you, lots of Mariner's I'm betting they stop or at least slow down after this LOW mega.

Wouldn't Michael be a better comparison?

The Joke was Janeway before Michael came along. I thought it funny the way these mirror Janeway, e.g. Coffee Janeway, Rifle Janeway etc.

Joking aside, I am thinking about levelling two copies of Stripy leggings Mariner, her 400% hammer looks good for boss battles, and does not have a trigger. Only one copy needs to be FF, that other can sit at 1/4.

She would also be good at the higher difficulties, for those that don't have a MACO Mayweather.
  • Is Mariner the new Janeway?

giphy.gif

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Morner is really good as it seems! The new version will be a game-changer for Hard+ (even Nightmare+). She's unlimited uses 400% boom, not too bad cooldown times either. Purrfect addition to Tacoweather or Batleth Morner and two high-heals (25%) for tanking on any difficulty (except Ultra maybe unless you're Bridge Level 12+). :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm realizing that the event SRs and Legendaries, as released so far, don't have the featured "crafty" trait, which will make them useless for the two faction parts of the Mega that are coming up. I know this is a recurring issue that the players have brought up but I wanted to suggest a way to potentially solve the issue: give all Mega cards the featured trait temporarily. It can then be removed once the event is over. Obviously there can be collection reward issues should any of the cards be immortalized (and be in a collection) but I feel like that's a small issue; not all featured traits for a Mega have a collection and it's not common to immortalize such new crew (thinking the 5* ones here; SRs different story).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected that all "Animated" crew would be bonus, so I unfroze crew like "Em 3 Green" and "Alek-Ohm". Once I realized that it's gunna be "Crafty", I froze all animated purrples that were not Lower Dax. At least I had about a dozen frozen legendaries with the bonus treat that I unfroze in the process.

I agree that it's disappointing to see that the mega crew mainly doesn't have Crafty in their treat recipe. At least some of them can still have a bonus because they are variants of crew that will be featured in the upcoming two or three events.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Because I have been waiting for the Cerritos to appear in the game for a while now, I think I am going to try this one with All the Big Bonus Crew on the Event Ship. I feel like with two 400% booms in Badgey and Vindicta, the Cerritos' built in hammer, President being an (admittedly pale) Ardra imitator, and Insubordinate Mariner for general attack boost, it might be possible. The big problem will be whether the Cerritos' hull makes it at Level 1; I might have to *shudder* open ship packs.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because I have been waiting for the Cerritos to appear in the game for a while now, I think I am going to try this one with All the Big Bonus Crew on the Event Ship. I feel like with two 400% booms in Badgey and Vindicta, the Cerritos' built in hammer, President being an (admittedly pale) Ardra imitator, and Insubordinate Mariner for general attack boost, it might be possible. The big problem will be whether the Cerritos' hull makes it at Level 1; I might have to *shudder* open ship packs.
    Wow, doing science and taking one for the team, simultaneously! I look forward to the results of your experiment, which I hope you will share here with us. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    The story dialogue has been great this mega!
    Let’s fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, is this meant to be "Pakled"?
    bpojseib8v0t.jpg

W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Because I have been waiting for the Cerritos to appear in the game for a while now, I think I am going to try this one with All the Big Bonus Crew on the Event Ship. I feel like with two 400% booms in Badgey and Vindicta, the Cerritos' built in hammer, President being an (admittedly pale) Ardra imitator, and Insubordinate Mariner for general attack boost, it might be possible. The big problem will be whether the Cerritos' hull makes it at Level 1; I might have to *shudder* open ship packs.
    Wow, doing science and taking one for the team, simultaneously! I look forward to the results of your experiment, which I hope you will share here with us. 🖖

So far I've got to Level 4 on the Cerritos and it's still being blown to smithereens on the first battle. (All crew are FE and 1 star at this point, the exceptions being that Vindicta hasn't got her gold outfit yet - none of the previous rarities seemed to affect ship stats, though - and President is already immortalised.)

About to sink way more dilithium than I should into ship packs ...
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Level 5 Cerritos made it to the fourth battle (just, I was choosing hull repair each time) before dying but only if I did it on manual to make sure Doc had triggered before the booms [strike](Vindicta can get a quick one in early and come around again when Doc is still active)[/strike]. ETA: whoops, no, I was mixing up my Mariners despite the heavy metal make up.

The Cerritos has a lovely warp away effect, by the way; kudos to whoever was responsible for that.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Level 6 Cerritos got incredibly close to winning the final battle against itself, but also still lost the very first battle sometimes.

The good news is I'm now managing it reliably with Level 7 (and Vindicta up to 2/4*, not sure how much difference that makes), and sometimes I can even take the bonus reward rather than the repair!
    abkewge7wp9g.png

Here's my setup if anyone wants to see it:
    k9l4enzakfb6.png

(The Actually Useful Schematics:Packs Pulled ratio is horrible, but I think we all knew that already.)

ETA: New favourite thing to do with the ship - go into Toggle UI mode and spin round and round to recreate the OTT movie bit in Crisis Point.
  • Last one of these! Apologies for all the spam. I've now got a Level 8 Cerritos, Vindicta immortalised* and Insubordinate Mariner at 2/5 and it's suddenly switched over from "touch and go, have to run it on manual and use the hull repair between rounds more often than not" to "blast through on Auto same as a normal skirmish".

*who I had not spotted is a Holodeck Enthusiast. Getting the second star on Lucille from a super rare was a very pleasant surprise ...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my usual sledgehammer approach, most of my battles are over well before the 10 second Evil Badgey activation. However, I absolutely *love* the look of it when Evil Badgey pops up the one or two times a set he activates and causes the final blow to the enemy. He is just so excited.
    9bfq328u8lcb.jpg
    Not the best shot, but it isn't easy to grab.

This is just hilarious :D
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this will be nuff for Top 750 this week. It's a lovely event, because this is the furst time I was able to just farm databases, sensors, furs, stembolts, fluxcouplers and other handy items without leveling a single crew. Luv ya all. <3

odhg8bfjldiy.png
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my usual sledgehammer approach, most of my battles are over well before the 10 second Evil Badgey activation. However, I absolutely *love* the look of it when Evil Badgey pops up the one or two times a set he activates and causes the final blow to the enemy. He is just so excited.
    9bfq328u8lcb.jpg
    Not the best shot, but it isn't easy to grab.
    Best post of the event.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    I hope this will be nuff for Top 750 this week. It's a lovely event, because this is the furst time I was able to just farm databases, sensors, furs, stembolts, fluxcouplers and other handy items without leveling a single crew. Luv ya all. <3

odhg8bfjldiy.png

Easily, i don t think Top750 cut off will be more than max 1,8m VP.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pushed and ran out of time. 1700 and change. :-( no Tendi for me.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I pushed and ran out of time. 1700 and change. :-( no Tendi for me.

@cmdrworf, next time it will be better. You can get Tendi & Dog when she gets in portal a bit later.

Thank you, @Jhamel & congrats 🥳🥳🥳
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nowhere near as impressive as @Sonja or @Jhamel (congrats to both of you, btw!), but I'm perfectly content with my 84th ranking. I can't even remember the last time I bothered going beyond thresholds, let alone actively chasing a higher rank. Tendi + Skirmish is the only combination in this mega-event that would have gotten me to do that.

dw0tzs9i4e7o.jpg