Home The Bridge

Duplicate crew

I finally reached the Locutus achievement and having already FF him and deciding to keep the copy, I got to wondering about how other players decide about duplicates. This is my first duplicate I’ve kept of any crew. Just today I airlocked my first gold duplicate ( a very old weak crew), from a random pull.

What crew do players view deserve two or more copies?
Is saving more than one copy due to how good the crew is in the various aspects of the daily game ( gauntlet, voyages) and or just events?

I realize this may have asked previously but with the constant churn of new crew and new additions to the gauntlet and honor hall I wanted to revisit it.

Thanks!
Fleet= Quarks Holosuite

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    amj0orc039j7.jpg
    jyej1czvoig7.jpg
    s2i8qtrucm3c.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple 1/5 duplicate gold crew due to pulls, and whom I don't want to airlock just because I hate the idea of airlocking gold crew. But the only ones I have intentionally sought and got are gauntlet crew. I have used double gauntlet crew quite a few times.

Also, I recently got a second Maco Mayweather and plan on a second Dereth in a week when retrieval comes up. Those are purely due to Boss Battles.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only dupe I have is Red Angel. After FF the first one, I got 3 in a week a half and decided to FF a second one who lives in Cryostasis.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the gauntlet exclusives duped except for TKK (for now). Of these, I've frozen one dupe of Armus and Guinan. I also have a dupe of Gunshow Picard.

Beyond that, I have about 40-ish 4* dupes, most of which were made before my active roster became 95% legendary crew. Some of them are still useful for faction events, but mostly I don't need them anymore.

My general philosophy is that most legendary dupes aren't worth the honor/citation investment (if I'm building it from 1/5). My exceptions are the gauntlet crew ('cause I can keep getting them for "free") and if the game hands me a 3/5 or 4/5 copy (perhaps from event rank or a campaign). Just my take on it.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only dupe I have is Red Angel. After FF the first one, I got 3 in a week a half and decided to FF a second one who lives in Cryostasis.

Similar thing happened with me and Armus and Locutus.
    I have 2 FF Armus, and my second Locutus is at 2/5.
    Since they're both gauntlet beasts and good voyagers, I kept them. But they are my only two.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only d00p is the Vedala Elder and it was out of pure luck, since I got so many copies of him from the 13 event packs (yes, shame on me, I bought the large offer with 3 stars for him since I didn't get him in the event before) that I decided to double him up once and cite him once more for 2 fully fledged immortals.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    edited September 2022
    Jhamel wrote: »
    My only d00p is the Vedala Elder and it was out of pure luck, since I got so many copies of him from the 13 event packs (yes, shame on me, I bought the large offer with 3 stars for him since I didn't get him in the event before) that I decided to double him up once and cite him once more for 2 fully fledged immortals.

Elder is a good one to have extras, IIRC. I ended up with a 6th Star for that Saru I duped and he was a great boost at the time for my Med struggle. Med was the main thing I was low on for Voyages. Two of him on a Voyage helped me start getting more eight hour Voyages. I think it was months after Immo that the Immo copy got chilly.

Aldude wrote: »

Similar thing happened with me and Armus and Locutus.
    I have 2 FF Armus, and my second Locutus is at 2/5.
    Since they're both gauntlet beasts and good voyagers, I kept them. But they are my only two.

I think this is the first gauntlet in a long time that does not have at least one of my Red Angels in it. I usually use at least one. Both if they have the Crit Bonus. This Gauntlet Kahless is 65% and there were others that covered needed Skills that were 25%/45%. Actually used my brand new TKK at 25%

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever else is answered in this thread, it is the sensible and best answer compared to mine. I live across the street in the crazy house, the one people avoid even when trick-or-treating. Out of the roughly top 75 voyagers, there are 2 that I don't have at least a dupe, trip or quad of - Scapegoat O'Brien and Commander Demos.

I think i have around 150 duplicate immortal 5*s. Zero 4* 3* or 2* dupes, and only 1* Stargazer Picard as the outlier.

Yes they are great when events roll around, yes they've helped for stupid amounts of powerful voyages. But with a literal new top 10 voyager weekly, it's not practical or sustainable anymore.

TLDR dupes are just fine, but don't build a clone army of them.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Whatever else is answered in this thread, it is the sensible and best answer compared to mine. I live across the street in the crazy house, the one people avoid even when trick-or-treating. Out of the roughly top 75 voyagers, there are 2 that I don't have at least a dupe, trip or quad of - Scapegoat O'Brien and Commander Demos.

I think i have around 150 duplicate immortal 5*s. Zero 4* 3* or 2* dupes, and only 1* Stargazer Picard as the outlier.

Yes they are great when events roll around, yes they've helped for stupid amounts of powerful voyages. But with a literal new top 10 voyager weekly, it's not practical or sustainable anymore.

TLDR dupes are just fine, but don't build a clone army of them.

I'm a little surprised you didn't DYC Scapegoat to dupe him too.
  • There used to be a lot of reason to dupe the best crew if you were able. Not so much anymore. Other than Voyage crew, there's little to no reason to dupe crew. And even for Voyages, it's still not that necessary. You may get lucky if your dupe crew are event crew in some rerun event. Beyond that, there's not a lot of reason to do it anymore. Maybe if you want to be a big donger and use the $25 double option on crew that can only be obtained once and never again, then maybe. Sure. I guess.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    There used to be a lot of reason to dupe the best crew if you were able. Not so much anymore. Other than Voyage crew, there's little to no reason to dupe crew. And even for Voyages, it's still not that necessary. You may get lucky if your dupe crew are event crew in some rerun event. Beyond that, there's not a lot of reason to do it anymore. Maybe if you want to be a big donger and use the $25 double option on crew that can only be obtained once and never again, then maybe. Sure. I guess.

If you want the best FBB scores I'm sure Frank has some combinations with dupe Maco Mayweather, Demo Scotty, or other crew. Dupes on voyages probably buys you a couple minutes too. Whether that difference is valuable enough depends on your priorities and how much you want to spend in general.
    edited September 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »
    There used to be a lot of reason to dupe the best crew if you were able. Not so much anymore. Other than Voyage crew, there's little to no reason to dupe crew. And even for Voyages, it's still not that necessary. You may get lucky if your dupe crew are event crew in some rerun event. Beyond that, there's not a lot of reason to do it anymore. Maybe if you want to be a big donger and use the $25 double option on crew that can only be obtained once and never again, then maybe. Sure. I guess.

If you want the best FBB scores I'm sure Frank has some combinations with dupe Maco Mayweather, Demo Scotty, or other crew. Dupes on voyages probably buys you a couple minutes too. Whether that difference is valuable enough depends on your priorities and how much you want to spend in general.

I seem to recall mention of Double Tacos with two Healers on The Artifact. Even with one and three Healers people report 12 million+ on Auto. Auto is my friend. Those manually triggered set ups I am terrible at.

I think my Artifact is Level Eight. When it is fully Leveled I have some of the recommended for the 3 Healer/Taco set up. Might try it. Dorka with four six to eight second Initialize Sledgehammers, or three and a good Engineer gives me less than half 12 Million.

========================================

I did not burn Merits to check, but I THINK I have two frozen Reverend Phloxi. Was very useful for me when introduced, but outdated now.

I probably have more Empress Satos than I have room to unfreeze. Also have more than one Section 31 Emperor Lippy.

Probably a few frozen 1*/2* Crew that I got extras working on the Achievement.

I used to be able to see how many total Immortalized I had, versus the count of Unique Immortalized in the Vault. Because I could how many "extra" showed up on the Achievement. But, that ended at 600 and I have 622 Uniques now.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to all for the info and advice!
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I just immortalized my first duplicate on accident😚 Finished an Indignant Seven while trying to equip her to fuse with Doc for Cheesecake. Hit the trainer button too many times, because it drags it out forever. I could do with less animations. All that work for nothing.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @W.W. Carlisle In this case, just send a support ticket to have one of the support team reset your Indy Seven to Level 99 and keep her items equipped. Then you can fuse her with Meowbile Doctor and get your Cheesy Seven! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    @W.W. Carlisle In this case, just send a support ticket to have one of the support team reset your Indy Seven to Level 99 and keep her items equipped. Then you can fuse her with Meowbile Doctor and get your Cheesy Seven! :)

Oh, thank God! I'll have to thaw her, but I can do that!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome! Purrhaps you can let me know here if it worked. I'm purrious about it. :):)
  • I have several duplicate crews. When Flashbacks/Reruns first came out I would usually IMM the 2nd copy of the Purple crew. I stopped doing that when better options came out. However, now I duplicate 5* if they are the Middle crew on the Campaign since you get 4/5 of them. Other then that, I have only ever duplicated Captain Tribble and the New Demo Scotty. The reason behind those is I like dedicated shuttle crew.
  • As a rule, I don't have dupes.

The sole exception is Stranded Quark, as I got three additional copies in relatively quick succession after FFing my first one. The second copy has proven useful on a number of events.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
    As a rule, I don't have dupes.

The sole exception is Stranded Quark, as I got three additional copies in relatively quick succession after FFing my first one. The second copy has proven useful on a number of events.

He was a strong workhorse when he came out. And is still useful after being "saddle-broken" by newer Crew. Good choice to do an extra when those extras dropped.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Plus at least one frozen.

I am proud of this, because of the effort needed to get the dupes, but I have stopped now because of FBB, and needed more slots.

oz4kt35v7v17.jpg
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Lots of frozen Off-Duty Tillys, and I have recently air-locked about six for FBB slots.
    One Detective Dixon Hill frozen.

I like Tommy Gun Dixon, that was a brilliant scene in the film.

I also have two Killy Tillys (5/5 & 4/5), Two Science Officer Spocks (Immortal), and a few Data at 5/5 with a dupe at 1/5.

I have a lot of dupes of Super-rares, one immortal the other 4/4 at level one, from events, which I have kept to level for future events, but may airlock instead.

2v9qy6zu019p.jpg
    gyycm2lmegap.jpg
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came close to duplicating a card once, using the threshold rewards to make & level up a FE 3/4* Detective Dixon Hill for a requisitioned shuttle in a Faction event. I guess I really wanted the ranked 5* that weekend, but I forget which card (and event) it was. At any rate, I airlocked the almost-dupe after the event ended. YMMV 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dupe Gauntlet crew and, prior to Boss Battles, I would keep any fully fused dupes I received from Events and gradually immortalize them when I had spare resources according to their Faction Event usefulness.

Now with Boss Battle Nodes, however, space is at a premium, so I've been airlocking super-rare dupes, with the exception of Vindicta Mariner.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Actually, I suppose I only have one legendary dupe, I do collect Thot Gors, although I have no clue how many I have frozen. Seven or eight, probably.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Before my crew was strong I collected duplicate 4*, mainly starting when events changed to include an existing 4* in the rewards. Despite the waste of honor (roughly 6 beGold/cite packs) and resources, I have continued this quest as a personal challenge, to eventually try and have all 4* crew doubled. I currently have nearly 300 duplicate 4* crew immortalized. The only 5* crew I have duplicated are gauntlet crew (all but Balok) and Mirror Picard (gun-show-gate).
  • I do dupes if they're easy to collect (say a returning event giving me 3 or 4 of them) AND they're like in the top 1% of Super Rare or Legendary. (Or they're Gauntlet crew, as I will keep every one of those separate after I've gotten them immortal.) For a while, when i was growing and not near max Captain Level, if I had some space, I would frequently immortalize some dupe Commons and Uncommons to increase my "Immortalize [X] Crew Members" achievement faster. Now that I have the max achievement, I don't do that anymore.
    Event finished and #2 Immortalized

4wtm6ybtkrgq.jpg