Home The Bridge

Event Discussion: Faction Event - Never Meet your Heroes - 2022-09-22

Comments

• WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, it seems like poor planning to have a repeat 4* crew recycled in an event while they are the quarterly featured 4* crew in the daily rewards. He makes perfect sense for the theme of this event, but the overlap just seems lazy.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I love the two fanboy purples though. :) I'm glad to get Azetbur too. I just mentioned her absence to my mom a couple days ago. She's the last missing Chancellor. We have the two Kais. How about Nagus Gint from the Orb vision? I'd like to see Senator Pardek for our Romulans.
    Edited- @Shan Are we going to have Chancellor added later to Azetbur, like with K'Mpec, or not?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed that Boimler doesn't have the Kazon trait, an important plot point from the episode.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Will Boimler ever get a legendary variant? 4th SR variant. Poor guy….😆
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    robownage wrote: »
    Disappointed that Boimler doesn't have the Kazon trait, an important plot point from the episode.

That's a good point.
    That's just Boimler's luck, @Zombie Squirrel and I find it hilarious. I hope when we get out first gold it's actually his transporter clone!
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022

The legendary should be his transporter twin.
    Could even put the twin in the honor hall

Just like Rikers is a 2 star.
    Thomas Riker is a 1*! That would be a kick to Boimler. I love it.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Could even put the twin in the honor hall

Just like Rikers is a 2 star.

What if we could merge the two like the Duras sisters?
  • I love the two fanboy purples though. :) I'm glad to get Azetbur too. I just mentioned her absence to my mom a couple days ago. She's the last missing Chancellor. We have the two Kais. How about Nagus Gint from the Orb vision? I'd like to see Senator Parcel for our Romulans.
    Edited- @Shan Are we going to have Chancellor added later to Azetbur, like with K'Mpec, or not?

That art for Azetbur is simply outstanding - amazing attention to detail!
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Nice to see a non-SNW and non-LD crew for once, it's refreshing for the "old-school" Trekkies like me. Azzie looks meowtstanding, if not purrfect, and her voyage stats (thanks to the MED kicker) are good enough to stay for a year or purrhaps longer! :)

Can't really get warm with Fanboimler, as I'm not following Lower Decks, but I'll gladly pick him up for my Animated collection. :)

Also, thankies for giving us a full Faction event again, it's been sum time! <3
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhamel wrote: »
    Nice to see a non-SNW and non-LD crew for once, it's refreshing for the "old-school" Trekkies like me. Azzie looks meowtstanding, if not purrfect, and her voyage stats (thanks to the MED kicker) are good enough to stay for a year or purrhaps longer! :)

Can't really get warm with Fanboimler, as I'm not following Lower Decks, but I'll gladly pick him up for my Animated collection. :)

Also, thankies for giving us a full Faction event again, it's been sum time! <3

Agreed, kinda been cartoon overkill here recently...
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Faction winner bonus?
  • I note that the event announcement said there is no faction winner bonus for the event and none is showing in the event hub either. Is this an oversight, one off or to be the norm from now on? Obviously this will have major strategy implications especially with consecutive OE that do not reward chrons (one costing a lot if you wished to participate).
    No Faction winner bonus?

There never is for hybrid events (I think)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Faction winner bonus?

This is a full faction, with three factions. Never happened without one before.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gaining chronitons from shuttle-tanking is tedious anyway, maybe the "old" OE comes back after the boss OE is over, and that one gives 800 chronitons and 2000 Honor for the two harder tasks.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the request to add "Chancellor" to Azetbur's name.
    There is indeed no faction winner for this event, I do not know at this time if this will be the case as well for the future.
  • Jhamel wrote: »
    Gaining chronitons from shuttle-tanking is tedious anyway, maybe the "old" OE comes back after the boss OE is over, and that one gives 800 chronitons and 2000 Honor for the two harder tasks.

I don't know if it is any more tedious than any other aspect of the game. A lot of people have spent a long time working on having various factions ready for something that has been part of faction events for years. And basically the chronitons to be had are only limited by time and your willingness to spend merits on transmissions. So this is not a change that should be dismissed so quickly.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
    No Faction winner bonus?

This is a full faction, with three factions. Never happened without one before.

Oh sorry, thought you meant the event that started today. :)
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    There is indeed no faction winner for this event, I do not know at this time if this will be the case as well for the future.

Please pass on that this change is very not a good thing. it might just be a few Chronitons per Shuttle, but each Event should have something Rewardy. Galaxy has Community Rewards. Skirmish has post Battle Rewards. Factions did have Winning Faction.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote:
    [Tanked shuttles are] not a bug, and not considered as cheating.

The gang removes the Faction winner's bonus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9RAZxNdCk8
  • NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    They’ve effectively done just that after coming out and stating tanking shuttles is legitimate gameplay. Sneaky or just lazy. Either way, it’s annoying.
  • Dax sheppardDax sheppard ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Shan wrote: »

• Shocking decision to arbitrarily remove a significant part of an event with no formal notification.

Is WRG motto just “greed is good” or is the game on its last legs?

Either way it looks like it’s time to remove the card details from the account and revert to non-spending model
  • What I find most confusing here is that, even assuming that avoiding giving out a faction winner bonus is the primary goal here, there is a time-honoured way of doing so that has never been met by much more than a shrug from the player base when used: running a single faction event.
    What I find most confusing here is that, even assuming that avoiding giving out a faction winner bonus is the primary goal here, there is a time-honoured way of doing so that has never been met by much more than a shrug from the player base when used: running a single faction event.

Or, maybe not drop the Event Rewards. If this is a "audience reaction" test, then they need to know the "audience" is unhappy with the idea. Not sure why we had to notice the issue and bring it up for the company to even acknowledge the change, though.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find most confusing here is that, even assuming that avoiding giving out a faction winner bonus is the primary goal here, there is a time-honoured way of doing so that has never been met by much more than a shrug from the player base when used: running a single faction event.

Plenty of people hate single faction events. They reduce the total shuttles, make a kickstart less effective, and increase the merit cost if you normally only run one or two factions.

If they want to reduce chron growth, I'd much rather they eliminate the faction winner than eliminate three faction events.

But if they really want to reduce chron growth, I'd much rather they give us something new to do with our chrons instead of reducing the chrons we earn.
    AviTrek wrote: »

Plenty of people hate single faction events. They reduce the total shuttles, make a kickstart less effective, and increase the merit cost if you normally only run one or two factions.

If they want to reduce chron growth, I'd much rather they eliminate the faction winner than eliminate three faction events.

But if they really want to reduce chron growth, I'd much rather they give us something new to do with our chrons instead of reducing the chrons we earn.

Reducing Chroniton sources right after an Event that required ten thousand Chronitons to do is an interesting choice.
  • That's just Boimler's luck, @Zombie Squirrel and I find it hilarious. I hope when we get out first gold it's actually his transporter clone!
    That would be magnificent!

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport