Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• If you see it early enough, there's only a few names on the damage rankings so you can narrow it down.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    ÷ Slayer wrote: »
    true, if they attack. some just start it

If someone is starting but not attacking, that is a flaw in the UI causing them to start the battle. There is no reason someone should want to start a battle and not attack.
  • should, but there are always some out there that do what ever they feel like. by the way, how do you reply to a previous post?

• ÷ Slayer wrote: »
    should, but there are always some out there that do what ever they feel like. by the way, how do you reply to a previous post?

nm found the previous post
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's been previously announced that v9.2 will let us see who started the battle, as well as restricting it to admirals and officers. Or at least, that was the plan. It may have changed.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    I believe it's been previously announced that v9.2 will let us see who started the battle, as well as restricting it to admirals and officers. Or at least, that was the plan. It may have changed.

I seem to recall it that way as well.

Somewhere in these 39 pages.....

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If someone is starting but not attacking, that is a flaw in the UI causing them to start the battle. There is no reason someone should want to start a battle and not attack.

I myself did this the other day. I hate how they move around.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • ChaosChild wrote: »

Thank you
    I don't know whose idea it was to have an Objective Event involving FBB when there are so many problems still, but they should never be asked for ideas ever again.
    Four and a half hours in and I'm sending a CS ticket for lost Valor. I had it narrowed down to eight combinations across three nodes and could have tried three of them. Have to wait three hours now. Hopefully, the rest of the fleet can help before then.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    not if you have a few rouge officers

Well, We don't have a brig but we DO have an airlock :D

But ya could always demote them
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein

That sort of behaviour would definitely make me see red......

I think that if you dont have reliable in game comms, its not really fair to punish people in your fleet.

The big problem is that the ingame comms are practically useless. Frankly, if i was in a fleet that punished players for this deficiency, i would probably look for a fleet that was a little more reasonable.

I would rather that wrg spent the time completely revamping the ingame chat/messaging than giving tools to punish players. Or “fixing” issues that arent really issues for players, such as trait splitting. But thats just my opinion.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

🤣
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on time frame for release of 9.2 so we can lock battles?

Thanks!

Not yet!
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Any update on time frame for release of 9.2 so we can lock battles?

Thanks!

Not yet!

Ok thanks for checking :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    BE nice if there were a pop up after you use someone from the Vault to try a Node saying "Do you wish to refreeze _______________?" Took me five minutes to figure out why Tribble Spock was taking up a slot.
    BE nice if there were a pop up after you use someone from the Vault to try a Node saying "Do you wish to refreeze _______________?" Took me five minutes to figure out why Tribble Spock was taking up a slot.

Don't get to ahead of yourself. In the last couple days, we've needed the same crew in back to back chains and, luckily, the player still had them out.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    To steer the thread a bit back on track: one change I'd like to see is the ability to see what the previous chains were and what cards unlocked the nodes. I'm thinking specifically of the last node of a chain that's unlocked. I can't be alone in running four crew to unlock nodes (that is, once I've reached the top damage reward threshold). A lot of effort goes into unlocking the hardest nodes, which tends to be the last one in a chain, and it'd just be good to go back and say "Ok, it was that card."

Yes, this, I would also like to see who cleared the nodes, so I can see who is contributing in this way.
    Perhaps even a node clear count on the damage leader board.

I enjoy the node clearing, even if it costs merits, but only if I am at home, with my laptop, so that I can third party tools, and sit and think about the traits.

If I am at work, then I might have a quick look, check the chat to see if a specific crew is needed, then just hit it with my maximum damage crew.

Yesterday I cleared two combos, ten nodes, between my two accounts, using a total of four valor. It would be nice if I could check these were all me, or if another fleet mate had cleared a node.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

A player might start it to look at the node, and spend five minutes trying to decide which crew to use, and thawing crew.

In the mean time, another player could see it has been started, and attack.
  • AviTrek wrote: »

A player might start it to look at the node, and spend five minutes trying to decide which crew to use, and thawing crew.

In the mean time, another player could see it has been started, and attack.

Yes. More than twice, ive had my node clearing attack nullified by another fleetmembers duplicate effort.

Again, a problem with ingame comms.
    Apparently someone was Node hunting for the Mid-Week Event, I guess.

Why limiting who can open FBB is a good idea. This is right now in ours:

dub0jopl4f5j.jpg
    hafk1b1tv4df.jpg

I think that if you dont have reliable in game comms, its not really fair to punish people in your fleet.

The big problem is that the ingame comms are practically useless. Frankly, if i was in a fleet that punished players for this deficiency, i would probably look for a fleet that was a little more reasonable.

I would rather that wrg spent the time completely revamping the ingame chat/messaging than giving tools to punish players. Or “fixing” issues that arent really issues for players, such as trait splitting. But thats just my opinion.

It's ok, the poster after you read it properly ;)
  • Has anyone figured out an optimal ship and crew combo for the nightmare boss? I've been experimenting, the best I can do is like 25 million a round
    edited September 2022
    Has anyone figured out an optimal ship and crew combo for the nightmare boss? I've been experimenting, the best I can do is like 25 million a round

I cannot help help you, I am afraid. My Artifact/Spork/Laborer Kirk/Taco/Dereth set up varies between 5 million and 14 million. {New high last night!}

jmsphx9acst8.jpg

But I would be intrigued to receive additional information from you about your set up!

l67rrtupk1xy.gif

• AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone figured out an optimal ship and crew combo for the nightmare boss? I've been experimenting, the best I can do is like 25 million a round

A lot of it is also a function of your bridge level. And if your bridge is strong enough that you can only run 2 hull repair crew instead of 3. 25M seems pretty good to me. But boss buffs make it even harder to compare battle to battle.
  • I'm using Artifact with Vindicta, Demo Scotty, Laborer Kirk, and Reunion Spock and Kirk. I'm on level 11 bridge. If I have the right battle bonuses I can go until the battle times out
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

The lineup that worked for me, with a fully leveled Artifact, is: Dereth, Laborer Kirk, Little John Riker, and Demo Man Scotty. When they all were fully fused (and before the buffs) I would do about 15 million each go. It was very consistent and I could easily survive the entire battle.

However, the lineup I started using when I got midway through Bridge Level 12, is: Dereth, Laborer Kirk, MACO Mayweather, and Demo Man Scotty. I've only run this with the buffs, so the amount of damage fluctuates a lot, but I could get upwards of 25 million, with early battles in the 15-19 million damage range. Again, that's with all those cards FF'ed.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)