Home The Bridge

Exclusive boimler for $50 usd

Or 200 to fully fuse. I think this might be the most offensive offer ive ever seen.

And it stays in the store until added to portal? Let me know how the people that bite for this exclusive crew react to it being made “non” exclusive down the road.

Comments

• *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    That HAS to be a typo...really stretching here to give the benefit of the doubt, but that must be a typo... :/
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got to be kidding me. I go after all the new crew, but $50 for 1 copy, I will not bite on this greedy, cash grab. It amazes me how much WRG finds new ways to alienate its customer base.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I was excited when I saw the message of an exclusive crew, expecting 9.99$ for 1 copy. saw 49.99 and I laughed and said never.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll Retrieve him next year or get him from the Portal then. I would like to say that a 5* Boimler no one wants is hilariously ironic though.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    That is what a single copy of the Legendary for an Event costs. However, the Event Legendary also has Event Packs and other stuff.

I'll wait.

Observation: It IS interesting that this happened to drop days after people said he needs a Legendary version. However, obviously there would have been time involved in all the approvals, as we know very well. So, has to be unrelated. Just funny it happened that way!

oximcp9h45zw.jpg

Unconditional 400% Sledgehammer with 8 Second Initiation and 16 Second cycle.

m4kkmcy5casw.jpg
    lqdtacyrxcr7.jpg
    1zwdn5cwgvsr.jpg
    8ydo4z8facag.jpg
    qt1t55m1m2kb.jpg

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Waaaay overpriced, i hope nobody ever buys it(i know some will regardless). 👎🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    :astonished::no_mouth:
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen worse. While I was tempted for an android second, I think the $50 will scare people. But I know people will spend 6500 Dil for a chance at a crew and that seems worse. While I don't do 6500 pulls, I have spent $200 chasing a Sisko before. So it's probably an alright deal overall, it just would have made more sense if it was a high demand crew that people have been looking for forever.
    It amazes me that $200 deal is even a thing. Did they forget Legendary Cites exist or are we supposed to?

• I think if it was actually going to stay exclusive it might be an ok deal, but i cant imagine anyone dropping 50 bucks on it and being “meh” about it being added to the portal, whenever wrg decides that its time to do so.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's definitely a good crew. Is he good enough to be worth $50? Absolutely not. Would any crew be worth $50? Nope.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure someone has already bought him, if only to be first to max. But this is not a direction I appreciate for this game.
  • The price is way off. Should have been $300 at least.
  • The price is way off. Should have been $300 at least.

You know, since it is intended as an exclusive crew it should have probably have been $2,999.99 for the single, and a cool $20,000 for the 5 copies. At least at that price point it is more realistic that only one captain would have taken the chance for first to immortalize, making it a truly exclusive crew.
  • This situation reminds me of the the I Am Rich iOS app: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Rich
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe this
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Easy pass for me at $50 for a single copy. But hey, there are those willing to spend that much for it.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
    The price is way off. Should have been $300 at least.

For the love of Avis do nit make jokes like that! Because they will think it is serious!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    Before you read, make sure to stop back three booths and get your rocks, stones and tomatoes. I'll be out in the town square in 10 minutes for my flogging.

Not defending it, just giving a different perspective.

I spend between $30 and upwards of $400 every single Tuesday, to get the new shiny card and immortalize it. Traveling Man said it well, once you get all the crew immortalized, it is expensive to keep the train going.

Today I spent $50, plus $25 for DYC - and since I like to dupe, I got 2 copies of a top 10 voyager for $75 plus 7 cites. That's waaaaaaay cheaper than the last few Tuesday crew I've gotten and duped.

So I'm happy about 'getting out cheap' for this Tuesday, but I'm not happy about the new experiment to paywall a crew, bundled with an OE to paywall the final tier, etc etc.

Even I have my limits and I think we have begun to find that I too should re-evaluate how much I want to spend on this game going forward, if this is indeed the signs of things to come.
    uf4gw17lvmx2.gif

And that does put it in a good perspective. For those that do buy the new 5* on Tuesday's this isn't that bad of a deal. For those looking to buy a 5* it does seem a bit high. I guess it shows its all perspective. For me, I only tend to change the 4* crew on Tuesday's (and a rare 5* here or there) so I can see the logic in being able to do the 50$ spend, but yeah, I only chase if I have the Dil on hand as it doesn't feel like I'm spending real money then.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!